Russert shouldn't moderate debates

He tricked Hillary into it – but let’s not forget that the majority of democrats voted against that resolution. And many democrats not in congress, spoke out loudly against it, the most obvious being Al Gore, who was called a “lunatic” and told he “must be off his meds”, and he had gone “mad”.

So…

And of course as a disclaimer – yeah, I ‘m well aware he didn’t trick her. She triangulated. And now she won’t be the first woman president of the united states because of it. I guess in the long run, it really does pay to do what you know is the right thing.
I was one of a handful of Republicans who spoke out against it. Admittedly for a different reason...

Alterman has some really good stuff on this today, some of it very serious, but I cracked up at this one:

However, you raise a good point when you ask if there's something more that Obama should have done. There is, in fact, a proper form for denouncing and rejecting Farrakhan; it is called renouncing Farrakhan. Impartial moderator Tim Russert was quite right to press Obama on this, and Hillary Clinton was quite right to suggest that Obama didn't execute his part properly tonight. For the record, this is how it's done:

Famously tough but fair questioner: Abrenuntiatis farrakhanae? [Do you renounce Farrakhan?]

Liberal black officeseeker: Abrenuntio.

Famously tough but fair questioner: Et omnibus operibus eius? [And all his works?]

Famously tough but fair questioner: Et omnibus pompis eius? [And all his pomps?]

http://mediamatters.org/altercation/?f=h_column

Alterman has some really good stuff on this today, some of it very serious, but I cracked up at this one:

However, you raise a good point when you ask if there's something more that Obama should have done. There is, in fact, a proper form for denouncing and rejecting Farrakhan; it is called renouncing Farrakhan. Impartial moderator Tim Russert was quite right to press Obama on this, and Hillary Clinton was quite right to suggest that Obama didn't execute his part properly tonight. For the record, this is how it's done:

Famously tough but fair questioner: Abrenuntiatis farrakhanae? [Do you renounce Farrakhan?]

Famously tough but fair questioner: Et omnibus operibus eius? [And all his works?]

Famously tough but fair questioner: Et omnibus pompis eius? [And all his pomps?]

http://mediamatters.org/altercation/?f=h_column

That is too good....

Back