Russian Navy

I don’t read the Russian Times

Only an idiot would trust that crap
well for one thing you don't have to read anything , it is on TV and computer.
and I never said I would believe anything they put out.
after all it is a so called Russian " news " outlet.
but if you want the Russian side of things that is where to get it.
Have a nice day

the Russians have never taken good care of their ships / subs.
the submarine the Rursk is an example.
and IF Johnny Walker ( red ) hadn't sold them the secret info on the SOSUS system they wouldn't have known to shock mount their equipment in their ships / subs so we couldn't listen to them and track them.
we still could and did a good job of it but he made it harder.
Have a nice day
They knew to do that long before SOSUS and other underwater arrays came along. The problem is their producers didn't and don't give a shit about quality or doing a good job on building them. So, you get shoddy everything.

Doesn't change what I said. The Ukranian military has not shown great competence either.
I don't think you are giving the Ukrainian Freedom Fighters enough credit.

Putin is so desperate to win this war, he has upped the ante, by deploying super-sonic missiles.

These missiles are so fast, defense missiles are ineffective!

But, if he continues to use them, we will start providing the Ukraine with them as well!

You can't put the Ukraine in a Volkswagon bus, and expect them to win the Indy 500

Last edited:
The Soviets led in trying to get a negotiated peace because they were bogged down and suffering heavy losses as well as they were then stuck in invading Poland (after Germany did).
Finland ended up negotiating away more of their territory than what the Soviets first asked for prior to the war.

Finns put up a really good fight initially, but after three months they had been pushed to the breaking point and offered to negotiate away substantial territory while they still had some bargaining leverage.

You have to realize that the Russian navy has a long history of gross incompetence.

I WW 2, the Soviet (Russian) navy submarine force lost more submarines than ships they sank...

So, that the Black Seas Fleet is getting its collective ass handed to it isn't really something new or unique...
Russia's Black Sea surface fleet is decreasing but it's sub surface fleet is increasing!!

They knew to do that long before SOSUS and other underwater arrays came along. The problem is their producers didn't and don't give a shit about quality or doing a good job on building them. So, you get shoddy everything.
LOL
right.
do you even have an idea when SOSUS got started?
it was in the early 1950's and it was top secret for a long long time , SOSUS was the FIRST underwater array system.
and the first Russian Nuclear sub was detected by Barbados and that sub was up off of Iceland, how many thousands of miles away?
heck their old conventional subs were so noisy as soon as they got around Finland most of the east coast stations had contact on them,
Have a nice day

Finland ended up negotiating away more of their territory than what the Soviets first asked for prior to the war.

Finns put up a really good fight initially, but after three months they had been pushed to the breaking point and offered to negotiate away substantial territory while they still had some bargaining leverage.
Actually, it was less. The Soviets got about half of what they initially demanded.

LOL
right.
do you even have an idea when SOSUS got started?
it was in the early 1950's and it was top secret for a long long time , SOSUS was the FIRST underwater array system.
and the first Russian Nuclear sub was detected by Barbados and that sub was up off of Iceland, how many thousands of miles away?
heck their old conventional subs were so noisy as soon as they got around Finland most of the east coast stations had contact on them,
Have a nice day
Yes, I do. I can't discuss some things here I know about with regard to the US Navy.

Yes, I do. I can't discuss some things here I know about with regard to the US Navy.
well I worked in SOSUS and what they did has been declassified, now how they did it and a lot of that is still classified.
heck some of the things I did back then won't be declassified for another 25 years and I got out over 50m years ago.
but again SOSUS was the very first fixed underwater array system and they started working on it back in the late 1940's and got it running in the real early 1950's
Have nice day

I don't think you are giving the Ukrainian Freedom Fighters enough credit.

Putin is so desperate to win this war, he has upped the ante, by deploying super-sonic missiles.

These missiles are so fast, defense missiles are ineffective!

But, if he continues to use them, we will start providing the Ukraine with them as well!

You can't put the Ukraine in a Volkswagon bus, and expect them to win the Indy 500
The Patriot system has shot them down.

Except he knows it was caused by Russian leaders raping the military cofferers to self enrich all through Russian history

The Trump Republican Party want them some of that type action here
War is the ultimate test of what is real... And Putin has failed that test. He has created an army of tin helmets that look like real helmets, but do not function like real helmets.

The Soviets led in trying to get a negotiated peace because they were bogged down and suffering heavy losses as well as they were then stuck in invading Poland (after Germany did).
Again, you got the history wrong. Here you got the order wrong.

The Soviets attacked Finland AFTER they invaded Poland. Only after they saw their success in Poland did they decide to go after Finland. There was then the interim peace, and then Finland joined in when Germany invaded the USSR. That was the Continuation War.

Actually, it was less. The Soviets got about half of what they initially demanded.
No, Finland ended up ceding more of it's territory than the Soviets initially demanded. Finns still put up a good fight.

I think you are stereotyping how bad the Russian army had performed. It depends on leadership and tactics.

Also , the Russians tend to learn from their mistakes, which is more than you can say about the Italian military.

After Stalingrad, the Red Army under Zhukov was very effective at mobile warfare and driving the Germans out of the USSR. The Soviets faced a million man Japanese army in Manchuria, and completely decimated it in about three weeks. The Russians practiced good tactics at driving Napoleon out of Russia. The Russians practiced good tactics at driving the invading Swedes out of Russia. The Cossacks were perhaps the most feared light cavalry in Europe.

The nature of war has changed....I have been listening to experts saying the surface ships are now obsolete....only the subs are still useful.

On that note I have also been told that the Russian build better subs than we do.

The nature of war has changed....I have been listening to experts saying the surface ships are now obsolete....only the subs are still useful.

On that note I have also been told that the Russian build better subs than we do.
and who ever told you this BS " the Russian build better subs than we do. " is full of shit, they never have.
Have a nice day

“Russia's prized new nuclear submarines pose a formidable threat to U.S. and NATO sub fleets, but ultimately they can't compete with the U.S.'s underwater capabilities, experts have told Newsweek.”

Back