Sarbanes-Oxley

imho keeping Businesses striaght is productive. Just look at the current bailout issue.
If those companies had been properly regulated with proper oversight no bailout would be needed.

SOX deals more with the financial reporting of their businesses and not the business decisions executed.

Public companies are a lot more stringent and careful about their financial reporting these days as a direct result of SOX. If you don't see the benefit in that than you're really not that bright.

If one can't weigh a cost/benefit analysis of this then maybe they aren't that bright as well.

If a store owner wanted to eliminate theft he/she could put everything in their store behind a lock glass window and allow shoppers to put to items they want to buy from the outside. This would eliminate theft which many would say is a good thing. Does that mean it is productive or the right thing to do?

If management is going to cook the books they are going to do it regardless of the consequences. While trying to make it more efficient to catch people doing it before they do we (Congress) has imposed serious punitive restraints and costs on businesses that have an overall negative effect on the companies they are regulating.

I already commented on it. Sorry you missed it. USC didn't, and he thought it was wise advice.

Oh, so your I'm not going to comment on it was your comment on it. Very enlighting. Makes sense citizen would agree as he has no clue about it either.

If one can't weigh a cost/benefit analysis of this then maybe they aren't that bright as well.

If a store owner wanted to eliminate theft he/she could put everything in their store behind a lock glass window and allow shoppers to put to items they want to buy from the outside. This would eliminate theft which many would say is a good thing. Does that mean it is productive or the right thing to do?

Hmm sounds like selling on the net...We all know that would not ever work.

Oh, so your I'm not going to comment on it was your comment on it. Very enlighting. Makes sense citizen would agree as he has no clue about it either.

No, my comment that whenever anyone starts talking about Sarbanes Oxley, put on your boots because you are about to be buried in a load of right wing horseshit, and that I found it ironic that a right winger would be yammering about this shit, instead of the financial meltdown and proposed criminal bailout, but not surprising, was my comment.

No, my comment that whenever anyone starts talking about Sarbanes Oxley, put on your boots because you are about to be buried in a load of right wing horseshit, and that I found it ironic that a right winger would be yammering about this shit, instead of the financial meltdown and proposed criminal bailout, but not surprising, was my comment.

Notice I asked for other people's comments or opinions. I know what I think or what the general business community thinks. One often learns or gains additional knowledge by hearing what others have to say, hence my question.

Maybe asking a question like that doesn't pass your partisan test thus your repsonse? I also didn't realize we were only allowed to discuss today's events. I said I brought it up in reference to the fact that it was the last large legislation passed by Congress after financial turmoil and that while the two events aren't related the government response is somewhat similar.

Notice I asked for other people's comments or opinions. I know what I think or what the general business community thinks. One often learns or gains additional knowledge by hearing what others have to say, hence my question.

Maybe asking a question like that doesn't pass your partisan test thus your repsonse? I also didn't realize we were only allowed to discuss today's events. I said I brought it up in reference to the fact that it was the last large legislation passed by Congress after financial turmoil and that while the two events aren't related the government response is somewhat similar.

Oh, tetched a nerve did I?

Back