schools/libraries

Dixie your an idiot. Charter schools perform better because they cherry pick the best students and provide them additional resources.

Mott, you must be trying to be the top posting Pinhead or something... I think you've passed Desh in number of stupid replies. Can you please try to consolidate your thoughts into one post, so I may thwack you all at once on your idiocy?

You are confusing charter schools with magnet schools. While magnets typically pick the best and brightest students and teachers in a district, charter schools mostly operate on a 'lottery' system to select students. Oh, and it's not really a "conservative" idea, as has been claimed by Don... Here's some history...

The charter school idea in the United States was originated by Ray Budde, a professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and embraced by Albert Shanker, President of the American Federation of Teachers, in 1988 when he called for the reform of the public schools by establishing "charter schools" or "schools of choice". At the time, a few schools (which were not called charter schools but embodied some of their principles) already existed, such as H-B Woodlawn. As originally conceived, the ideal model of a charter school was as a legally and financially autonomous public school (without tuition, religious affiliation, or selective student admissions) that would operate much like a private business – free from many state laws and district regulations, and accountable more for student outcomes rather than for processes or inputs (such as Carnegie Units and teacher certification requirements).

Minnesota was the first state to pass a charter school law, in 1991. (thanks I-Jesse Ventura) California was second, in 1992. As of 2008, 40 states and the District of Columbia have charter school laws.

Well that's pretty self evident. Conservatives want to preserve the status quo. That can only be accomplished by regulating the information that you receive.
By definition being liberal means being broad and open minded. To be so one must be well read from a diversity of literature.

It seems to me, THIS conservative is advocating change and reform, and you Pinheads are the ones clamoring for the status quot. I am the one supporting charter schools, changing the status quot that hasn't worked, and replacing it with a broad and open minded approach endorsed by professors from Massachusetts... fuck, I may need to go check and see if I have turned into a Pinhead!

As for restricting information received, it seems to be THIS conservative is advocating the teaching of ID and Abstinence, along with everything else, and YOU are the ones refusing to allow it! Oh shit... you may need to go check to see if you have turned into a NEOCON!

Back