Schumer, Democrats Urged IRS to Target Tea Party Groups in 2012

It doesn't matter. According to the LAW, as it was written, voted on by Congress and signed into Law by the President(Eisenhower...IIRC), these 501c4's are supposed to be EXCLUSIVELY Social welfare organizations. The IRS, when they wrote the guidelines for 501c4's, changed.the language from EXCLUSIVELY to PRIMARILY....which, I don't believe they have the authority to do.

as I understand it, the standard is still that any activities that are political in nature are subject to taxation.....from personal experience I know that Right To Life has a separate entity with a separate budget for engaging in candidate endorsement......a Tea Party type organization, in promoting a balanced budget and reduced government involvement in life is clearly engaged in social welfare.....any action they take promoting a specific candidate would have had to be accounted for separately as well....

if you were presuming they would not comply with the law before they even had the opportunity to engage in it you are guilty of the same error the IRS was.....

and the republicans in congress got together and requested the IRS target the NAACP in 2004

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/31/AR2006083100737.html

The commissioner said the investigation of the NAACP was undertaken because two congressional leaders, whom he declined to name, requested it. They were unhappy because Bond criticized Bush in a speech in July 2004, saying his administration preached racial neutrality and practiced racial division.

"They write a new constitution of Iraq and they ignore the Constitution at home," Bond said.

After filing four freedom-of-information requests, NAACP lawyers discovered that far more than two members of Congress called for an investigation and that all were Republicans.

Republican Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) and Susan Collins (Maine) called for the investigation.

Others included Rep. Jo Ann S. Davis (R-Va.) and then-Rep. Larry Combest (R-Tex.). Former GOP representatives Joe Scarborough of Florida, who now hosts a talk show, and Robert L. Ehrlich Jr., currently governor of Maryland, also requested a probe.

The investigation started Oct. 8, 2004, a month before the election. As the investigation dragged on into the following February, the NAACP announced that it would not continue to cooperate.

Oh! I keep forgetting that because Republicans are crooked bastards and use the IRS to fuck with their political opponents, it makes it fine and dandy for the criminal Democrats to do it too, huh? I also keep forgetting that the only argument that ever comes from the left isn’t ever even a rational argument. All the fucking idiot left can ever do is blame Republicans or attempt to assassinate the messenger. The only thing we can count on the left for is that they’ll win the “Fucking Idiot” prize every time.

Right, left, Republican or Democrat, should be impeached, removed from office and jailed for any attempt to use the fucking IRS to intimidate and marginalize their political opposition!!!! Any citizen that isn’t outraged by the crooked bastards that do that shit is a fucking partisan traitor to the country. Anybody opposed to finding out how far up the power ladder the criminal act goes is a fucking brainwashed, brain-dead creep!

You did it again, huh?

Get pwnd in one thread then start a new one hoping ppl don't read the old one.

Loooooooooooser!

If your dreams were only factual, you wouldn’t endlessly prove to be the fucking idiot you are, huh Howey?

Both CO Senators? Not even likely that both would go off "on their own" and do something without marching orders.

Back