Selfhood Hijacked

Kamala Trump

Verified User
Our own concepts of ourselves are abused by the political manipulators.

Republicans serve up a distorted sense of selfhood, one which finds strength in globalization, and free trade zealousness.

The Democratic selfhood is one which is comprised of shame, and holding all americans accountable for the horrors our elites inflict on the world, though our democracy is a sham and the people are mostly not responsible.

Since these two parties are set in opposition to each other, the assumption is made that they are opposites in terms of ideology, but they are not.

If we look at the globalization and free trade zealousness of the "right", we find these will ultimately destroy the american people, The antagonists of the democratic narrative.

SO they're really just setting up a satisfying ending. They are dramatists first. Drama is the art of emotional manipulation.

Republicans serve up a distorted sense of selfhood, one which finds strength in globalization, and free trade zealousness.

The Democratic selfhood is one which is comprised of shame, and holding all americans accountable for the horrors our elites inflict on the world, though our democracy is a sham and the people are mostly not responsible.

Since these two parties are set in opposition to each other, the assumption is made that they are opposites in terms of ideology, but they are not.

If we look at the globalization and free trade zealousness of the "right", we find these will ultimately destroy the american people, The antagonists of the democratic narrative.

SO they're really just setting up a satisfying ending. They are dramatists first. Drama is the art of emotional manipulation.

This is so loaded with crap, I don't know where to start. First of all, there is no such word as "selfhood". It is some word you made up to describe "extremism" and contrast it with moderation. Like the word "personhood" defines the difference between born human beings and unborn human beings.

I am sure we can all sit here and revel in self-pity, being completely cynical and pessimistic about our government, our elected representatives, and our future, but honestly... what is the purpose? Wouldn't we be far better off, if people came here and articulated positive thoughts and ideas, and looked optimistically toward our future? It may seem like a little thing that doesn't make much difference, but I believe it makes all the difference in the world.

The evidence of proof I offer, is virtually anyone who has ever succeeded at something great. When they are celebrating their victory or accomplishment, you never hear them say... "Well, I am really surprised I made it, after all the obstacles our government put in the way, and the unfair advantage I was born with, being from a poor family, it's a wonder anyone can make it." No... you hear them thanking people who helped them along the way, you hear them give thanks to God, and you hear them praise America for being a nation which enabled them to achieve this success.

You see, pessimistic cynical thought, leads to despair, depression, anxiety, and a fundamental lack of motivation to accomplish anything meaningful in life. You simply can't overcome your own negative mind. You are forever a prisoner to your own cynicism. The chances of 'opportunity' just randomly dropping in your lap, are remote at best, but even in the event that happened, your own negativity and distrust would destroy the opportunity for you. Trapped in this pitiful hopelessness, you will resort to creating new words to describe your negative feelings, in hope of finding a sympathetic ear, because your pessimism feeds on itself. You need others to be pessimistic with you, and find agreement in your 'wisdom' as espoused through your cynical mind. This gives you the energy and strength to continue on, destroying your life.

We all have a limited time here. This is a fact we will all come to realize. Each moment of every day is special and important, and should never be consumed with negative bitter or cynical thinking. Yet, it is an easy trap to fall into, because it is always easier to make excuses for your failures in life. It is always easier to blame someone else for your problems, and find a way to excuse yourself for being the insignificant creature you've become. Once you've fallen into the trap, it is most likely hopeless for you, your mind will not let you escape, which is precisely why it is a trap.

You hear someone say, "The power of positive energy..." and you think... what a nut! But there is a fundamental importance to such a statement, it is true. Positive energy and thought, has positive influence and power. The more it is practiced, the more you understand its tremendous potential. It is often not easy to do, the forces of negativity are always there, pulling at our minds, trying to make us come on over and revel in self-pity, doubt, despair, because it's just easier that way. It takes determination and will, to keep a positive and optimistic outlook.

You will often bash religion, but many people have found the strength to live a positive and optimistic life through religion and belief in the power of God. I'm not saying there is anything to that, but it certainly seems to help for some. Personally, I have always been an optimist, and I can always see how things could be worse, no matter how bad things get in my life. I try to always find the 'upside' or the 'silver lining' to whatever cloud has cast its shadow over me, and I sometimes have to work very hard to remain positive.

People who commit suicide, are far more likely to be those who have allowed this pessimism and negative energy to consume them, to the point of no return. They simply can't bear the unhappiness any longer. Caught in this trap of the mind and unable to escape. Indeed, unable to realize they themselves hold the key to the trap. It starts with stopping your mind, and knowing. Not allowing your mind to be consumed with negativity and pessimism, and knowing that positive energy and thought fosters positive things, always.

This is so loaded with crap, I don't know where to start. First of all, there is no such word as "selfhood". It is some word you made up to describe "extremism" and contrast it with moderation. Like the word "personhood" defines the difference between born human beings and unborn human beings.

I am sure we can all sit here and revel in self-pity, being completely cynical and pessimistic about our government, our elected representatives, and our future, but honestly... what is the purpose? Wouldn't we be far better off, if people came here and articulated positive thoughts and ideas, and looked optimistically toward our future? It may seem like a little thing that doesn't make much difference, but I believe it makes all the difference in the world.

The evidence of proof I offer, is virtually anyone who has ever succeeded at something great. When they are celebrating their victory or accomplishment, you never hear them say... "Well, I am really surprised I made it, after all the obstacles our government put in the way, and the unfair advantage I was born with, being from a poor family, it's a wonder anyone can make it." No... you hear them thanking people who helped them along the way, you hear them give thanks to God, and you hear them praise America for being a nation which enabled them to achieve this success.

You see, pessimistic cynical thought, leads to despair, depression, anxiety, and a fundamental lack of motivation to accomplish anything meaningful in life. You simply can't overcome your own negative mind. You are forever a prisoner to your own cynicism. The chances of 'opportunity' just randomly dropping in your lap, are remote at best, but even in the event that happened, your own negativity and distrust would destroy the opportunity for you. Trapped in this pitiful hopelessness, you will resort to creating new words to describe your negative feelings, in hope of finding a sympathetic ear, because your pessimism feeds on itself. You need others to be pessimistic with you, and find agreement in your 'wisdom' as espoused through your cynical mind. This gives you the energy and strength to continue on, destroying your life.

We all have a limited time here. This is a fact we will all come to realize. Each moment of every day is special and important, and should never be consumed with negative bitter or cynical thinking. Yet, it is an easy trap to fall into, because it is always easier to make excuses for your failures in life. It is always easier to blame someone else for your problems, and find a way to excuse yourself for being the insignificant creature you've become. Once you've fallen into the trap, it is most likely hopeless for you, your mind will not let you escape, which is precisely why it is a trap.

You hear someone say, "The power of positive energy..." and you think... what a nut! But there is a fundamental importance to such a statement, it is true. Positive energy and thought, has positive influence and power. The more it is practiced, the more you understand its tremendous potential. It is often not easy to do, the forces of negativity are always there, pulling at our minds, trying to make us come on over and revel in self-pity, doubt, despair, because it's just easier that way. It takes determination and will, to keep a positive and optimistic outlook.

You will often bash religion, but many people have found the strength to live a positive and optimistic life through religion and belief in the power of God. I'm not saying there is anything to that, but it certainly seems to help for some. Personally, I have always been an optimist, and I can always see how things could be worse, no matter how bad things get in my life. I try to always find the 'upside' or the 'silver lining' to whatever cloud has cast its shadow over me, and I sometimes have to work very hard to remain positive.

People who commit suicide, are far more likely to be those who have allowed this pessimism and negative energy to consume them, to the point of no return. They simply can't bear the unhappiness any longer. Caught in this trap of the mind and unable to escape. Indeed, unable to realize they themselves hold the key to the trap. It starts with stopping your mind, and knowing. Not allowing your mind to be consumed with negativity and pessimism, and knowing that positive energy and thought fosters positive things, always.
Who are you and what have you done with Dixie?

Anyone who looks to a politician for their self worth is a moron of the first order. Considering about half the people don't even give a fuck about politics until election time, if even then I'd have to surmise that you're wrong.

I am sure we can all sit here and revel in self-pity, being completely cynical and pessimistic about our government, our elected representatives, and our future, but honestly... what is the purpose?
To raise awareness, and to provide emotional energy for a transition into a non internationalist fascist state of existence.
Wouldn't we be far better off, if people came here and articulated positive thoughts and ideas, and looked optimistically toward our future?
I don't consider falling for the idiotic dog and pony show we call "politics" to be optimistic in any way, or helpful to anyone but the lying fascists you love so much.
It may seem like a little thing that doesn't make much difference, but I believe it makes all the difference in the world.
Aww Don't worry be happy, says Uncle Tom "Bobby" Mcferrin.
The evidence of proof I offer, is virtually anyone who has ever succeeded at something great. When they are celebrating their victory or accomplishment, you never hear them say... "Well, I am really surprised I made it, after all the obstacles our government put in the way, and the unfair advantage I was born with, being from a poor family, it's a wonder anyone can make it."
Often times those who make it had all those things in their favor. And if you don't suck up to those powers that be, your odds are better that you will wind up disappeared instead of the cover Fast Company.
No... you hear them thanking people who helped them along the way, you hear them give thanks to God, and you hear them praise America for being a nation which enabled them to achieve this success.
Wow they're great people. I love listening To born Rich Donnie Deutsch tell the rest of us how to "Make it".

But you're a mile off anyway. People do great things everyday, and those who are the greatest are quite poor, but they are the little known everyday heroes.

You see, pessimistic cynical thought, leads to despair, depression, anxiety, and a fundamental lack of motivation to accomplish anything meaningful in life.
But being a fascist imbecile leads to authoritarianism and genocide.
You simply can't overcome your own negative mind.
I overcome it regularly.
You are forever a prisoner to your own cynicism.
I am not. You ARE however a slave to your materialist anti-human internationalist hate memes.
The chances of 'opportunity' just randomly dropping in your lap, are remote at best, but even in the event that happened, your own negativity and distrust would destroy the opportunity for you.
Seeing the world for what it is is not negativity. Your pollyanna notions keep you in a perpetual state of dumbness.
Trapped in this pitiful hopelessness, you will resort to creating new words to describe your negative feelings, in hope of finding a sympathetic ear, because your pessimism feeds on itself.
You mean like "refudiate"?
You need others to be pessimistic with you, and find agreement in your 'wisdom' as espoused through your cynical mind. This gives you the energy and strength to continue on, destroying your life.
Actually my unique ability at conveying truths allows people to see what is going on, and they love me for it. Especially beefy. I heard he's hung.
We all have a limited time here. This is a fact we will all come to realize. Each moment of every day is special and important, and should never be consumed with negative bitter or cynical thinking. Yet, it is an easy trap to fall into, because it is always easier to make excuses for your failures in life.
You know best.
It is always easier to blame someone else for your problems, and find a way to excuse yourself for being the insignificant creature you've become.
Yeah. All those slaves on plantations for 400+ years just needed to get hip to "The Secret".
Once you've fallen into the trap, it is most likely hopeless for you, your mind will not let you escape, which is precisely why it is a trap.
You know what's a bigger trap?

"The economy's doing fine!"
You hear someone say, "The power of positive energy..." and you think... what a nut! But there is a fundamental importance to such a statement, it is true. Positive energy and thought, has positive influence and power.
I would think that would make you nicer and smarter instead of meaner and more stupid.

"People learned morality from observing rituals" --dixie.
The more it is practiced, the more you understand its tremendous potential. It is often not easy to do, the forces of negativity are always there, pulling at our minds, trying to make us come on over and revel in self-pity, doubt, despair, because it's just easier that way. It takes determination and will, to keep a positive and optimistic outlook.

Are you generating enough activity in the correct quadrant, Rich Dad?

You will often bash religion, but many people have found the strength to live a positive and optimistic life through religion and belief in the power of God.
Many more have found strength in the private realization of true morality, that being a way of behaving and acting that facilitates mutually cooperative and beneficial relationships.
I'm not saying there is anything to that, but it certainly seems to help for some.
Religions are tools of manipulation.

Personally, I have always been an optimist, and I can always see how things could be worse, no matter how bad things get in my life. I try to always find the 'upside' or the 'silver lining' to whatever cloud has cast its shadow over me, and I sometimes have to work very hard to remain positive.

You sound like a giant idiot who would rather stick his head in a hole and recite fables than actually witness what's going on in the world in a rational way.

Anyone who looks to a politician for their self worth is a moron of the first order. Considering about half the people don't even give a fuck about politics until election time, if even then I'd have to surmise that you're wrong.

You're not really understanding.

Im saying our very notions of what it is to be good, for ourselves, or others, is regularly programmed by elites in media, government, education, and business.

A good "REPUBLICAN" is good if he does whatever the "free market" ideologues at the think tanks tell him.

A good "Liberal" is good if they just do things which are generally bad for americans. See, they're on a permanent guilt trip just because they're americans.

what needs to be highlighted is that nation is not what the elites charaterize it as.

And people may not get their WORTH from politicians directly, but I know many liberals and conservatives who get their self worth from their academic degrees and those places all teach the same internationalist, nihilist, human hating, collectivist fascism.

Who are you and what have you done with Dixie?

DIxies a fascist internationalist NEW AGER. All the cool kids are.

This kind of "THe Secret" bullshit is what the elites teach when they're just at the end of they're complex reasoning chains. It's an end run around critical thinking and a focus on selfishness. Truly degrading to humanity.

Dixie is also upset about my definition of morality, "... mutually beneficial..." etc. He doesn't like the mutually beneficial part, because this system breaks down if people stop foolishly dying for implanted and irrational memes.

Yes, that's right Asshat, it is far better for you to respond with more cynicism and pessimism, it helps to feed the negative energy that controls your life and consumes you.

It's interesting, you are one who is caught in the trap, but rather than realize you are in a trap, you remain in denial of it. You will point to those of us who aren't in the trap, and claim we are in a trap, to continue your denial process. This is one aspect or example of how negativism is a trap of the mind. It becomes necessary and important for you to see your own negative words and responses posted here, so that you can continue to bolster your flawed perspective. For me, it is only important because I have compassion for you as a human being, and think you need positivity in your life desperately. I think these threads you post is a cry for help, to save you from this trap you are in... and I know, you don't see it that way, or won't admit that you do. It's part of the trap. As long as you can deny you are in it, you can continue to go on, or so you believe. The truth is, eventually you will come to realize what I have said is the truth, and you will make a change in your life or you will die. As for now, you are perfectly comfortable in your miserable little world of self-pity and despair, espousing your cynicism and fiercely denying you are in a trap. Attempting to find just one morsel of negativity to feed your starving pessimism.

Yes, that's right Asshat, it is far better for you to respond with more cynicism and pessimism, it helps to feed the negative energy that controls your life and consumes you.
It's not negative to put the spotlight on bullshit.
It's interesting, you are one who is caught in the trap, but rather than realize you are in a trap, you remain in denial of it.
Wow. cool. Too bad you're wrong and stupid.
You will point to those of us who aren't in the trap, and claim we are in a trap, to continue your denial process.
Actually, Im the only one out of the trap. You're still in it and trying to make lemonade our of camel piss. Congratulations, dunce cap.
This is one aspect or example of how negativism is a trap of the mind. It becomes necessary and important for you to see your own negative words and responses posted here, so that you can continue to bolster your flawed perspective.
Yet your responses are way longer than my incisive bullets of white - hot truth.
For me, it is only important because I have compassion for you as a human being, and think you need positivity in your life desperately.
You need to worrry about your own disorted thoughts. Get yourself straight and then I'll let you paint the fence. It's fun, I promise.
I think these threads you post is a cry for help, to save you from this trap you are in... and I know, you don't see it that way, or won't admit that you do. It's part of the trap. As long as you can deny you are in it, you can continue to go on, or so you believe. The truth is, eventually you will come to realize what I have said is the truth, and you will make a change in your life or you will die. As for now, you are perfectly comfortable in your miserable little world of self-pity and despair, espousing your cynicism and fiercely denying you are in a trap. Attempting to find just one morsel of negativity to feed your starving pessimism.

Sounds like a threat to me.....

Grow up, jerky.

No threat. Just offering to help a fellow human out of the trap. But you see, I can't help you. Because you won't let me help, you will not listen to anything I have to say. Your negative thoughts have poisoned your mind and created this perception you have now, and nothing I can say can free you from it. The only person who can set you free from the trap is you. But first, you have to understand you are in a trap and need to free yourself, otherwise, you will remain in comfortable denial and eventually die a miserable person.

What happens is, our minds become poisoned through our life experiences, and we lose the innocent minds we were once born with. Thing happen in our life to prejudice us and make us become cynical. Traumatic events in particular, can push a person into this trap without them even being consciously aware of it. Sometimes the negativity remains dormant for years, and suddenly, it will emerge to consume you and take over your life.

You posted this thread to feed your negativity, to relieve a starving pessimism you have. You want to gain support and encouragement in your pessimistic and cynical view, so that you can reassure yourself you are not really in this trap. But, you are in it. Up to your neck in it. You seem to be interested in talking about government, religious belief, morals, etc. but I want to talk about you. I want to know what has happened in your life to cause this bitterness and cynicism. I think, if you talk about that a little, perhaps you will begin to understand the trap you are in, and see that you must try to escape it before it's too late.

No threat. Just offering to help a fellow human out of the trap.
Hmmm. Sounded like a bunch of crap to me. Being ignorant and refusing consider a greater picture is no help. In fact, you propagate ignorance and stupidity.
But you see, I can't help you. Because you won't let me help, you will not listen to anything I have to say.
I do listen. You're just usually wrong.
Your negative thoughts have poisoned your mind and created this perception you have now, and nothing I can say can free you from it. The only person who can set you free from the trap is you. But first, you have to understand you are in a trap and need to free yourself, otherwise, you will remain in comfortable denial and eventually die a miserable person.
I think you already said this. Repeating wrong things doesn't make them correct.
What happens is, our minds become poisoned through our life experiences, and we lose the innocent minds we were once born with.
Right, that's why we have people adopting a belief system based on GDP.
Thing happen in our life to prejudice us and make us become cynical. Traumatic events in particular, can push a person into this trap without them even being consciously aware of it. Sometimes the negativity remains dormant for years, and suddenly, it will emerge to consume you and take over your life.
you're right on this. I suggest you read up on Roy Masters and the foundation of human understanding.
You posted this thread to feed your negativity, to relieve a starving pessimism you have. You want to gain support and encouragement in your pessimistic and cynical view, so that you can reassure yourself you are not really in this trap. But, you are in it. Up to your neck in it. You seem to be interested in talking about government, religious belief, morals, etc. but I want to talk about you. I want to know what has happened in your life to cause this bitterness and cynicism. I think, if you talk about that a little, perhaps you will begin to understand the trap you are in, and see that you must try to escape it before it's too late.
I post this thread to release people from their hypnotic state of lies and fear.

Hmmm. Sounded like a bunch of crap to me. Being ignorant and refusing consider a greater picture is no help. In fact, you propagate ignorance and stupidity.

I do listen. You're just usually wrong.

I think you already said this. Repeating wrong things doesn't make them correct.

Right, that's why we have people adopting a belief system based on GDP.

you're right on this. I suggest you read up on Roy Masters and the foundation of human understanding.

I post this thread to release people from their hypnotic state of lies and fear.

I see a much greater picture than you, because I can visualize the potential you have as a human being. You haven't realized your potential, but I see it in you. There is nothing ignorant or stupid about what I have stated, it is obvious and well-known fact that positive attitude and outlook breeds positive results and success. There is nothing ignorant or stupid about pointing out that most people who commit suicide are depressed and have fallen into the very trap you are in now.

I am familiar with Dr. Masters and his son David's work, and this is in essence, the message I am bringing to you. You should go to the website and download the CD, and try listening to it with an open mind and understanding. It would do you a world of good.

You're not really understanding.

Im saying our very notions of what it is to be good, for ourselves, or others, is regularly programmed by elites in media, government, education, and business.

A good "REPUBLICAN" is good if he does whatever the "free market" ideologues at the think tanks tell him.

A good "Liberal" is good if they just do things which are generally bad for americans. See, they're on a permanent guilt trip just because they're americans.

what needs to be highlighted is that nation is not what the elites charaterize it as.

And people may not get their WORTH from politicians directly, but I know many liberals and conservatives who get their self worth from their academic degrees and those places all teach the same internationalist, nihilist, human hating, collectivist fascism.

Yep, that is what I understood you to say. well except for your last paragraph.

Find JESUS!

It's not about Jesus, it's about finding the innocence of mind you had as a child. It is about finding your potential as a human being, and realizing you are caught in a trap of the mind.

When people like Asshat post threads like this, it is a plea for help. It is him saying... "Please help me, I am miserable in my life and can't bear it alone... come join in my misery and despair so I can be comforted." And many of us will respond to this, helping him to feed his hunger for negativity.

People who point out the truth, and pull the curtain back on him, he will attack and call names, as he has done with me, because that is a defense mechanism. He can't stand the light of truth. You can read what I have posted here, there is nothing threatening in it, nothing to chastise or call "ignorant" yet, that is what he immediately does. Why? Because he has to, in order to feed his pessimism and negativity. The beast has consumed him, and now he plays victim to the beast.

Back