Senator Max Baucus Drunk / Intoxicated on Senate Floor - Shouts Down Wicker

I've seen and heard drunken people talk and they can barely string together a coherent thought. They sway, their eyes are unfocused, their clothing is sloppy. I didn't see any of that in this clip.

Sorry but I don't defend all things Democratic. Obama has not lived up to my expectations, based on his campaign. There are plenty of good reasons to criticize him, Baucus, and other Democrats but a stupid video making an unproven accusation isn't the way to go. All this does is makes you fringies look more disgruntled and mean-spirited, and give liberals even less reason to take seriously anything you say.

Don't sell us alcoholics short. We can often pull things off that you would later say, 'wow... you had been drinking all day?'

Not all drunks act the same way. You should know that.

I've seen and heard drunken people talk and they can barely string together a coherent thought. They sway, their eyes are unfocused, their clothing is sloppy. I didn't see any of that in this clip.

Sorry but I don't defend all things Democratic. Obama has not lived up to my expectations, based on his campaign. There are plenty of good reasons to criticize him, Baucus, and other Democrats but a stupid video making an unproven accusation isn't the way to go. All this does is makes you fringies look more disgruntled and mean-spirited, and give liberals even less reason to take seriously anything you say.

I am amazed how the democrats have gotten to the point that they call doing it all their way "bi-partisan" and anything that does not come in lock-step agreement is obstructionism. It's a pack of fucking lies from the word go. Republicans tossed all kinds of ideas into the hat, and all of them were summarily dismissed without discussion. Go look at the congressional records. When "bi-partisan" means "do it our way or STFU", then there is little wonder that "bi-partisan" does not work.

Shit, they had to hand out bribes like cotton candy at a county fair to get their OWN people to vote for that piece of shit they call reform.

And Max sure as hell does not look good or sound in his little tirade. Frankly, he does sound like he's got about three sheets to the wind. And his rhetoric is pure unadulterated hypocrisy.

I hope he's enjoying his last term in office.

Speak for yourself. I do pretty good when I'm drunk, thank you very much (not kidding, either)!!

:shots: :rant: :shots:

We get exactly the same thing from mini-meme on these boards on a daily basis!

Which can only mean...

Meme's an idiot!

LJ_Shocked-vi.gif

you sir are a REAL YAWNER..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I am amazed how the democrats have gotten to the point that they call doing it all their way "bi-partisan" and anything that does not come in lock-step agreement is obstructionism. It's a pack of fucking lies from the word go. Republicans tossed all kinds of ideas into the hat, and all of them were summarily dismissed without discussion. Go look at the congressional records. When "bi-partisan" means "do it our way or STFU", then there is little wonder that "bi-partisan" does not work.

Shit, they had to hand out bribes like cotton candy at a county fair to get their OWN people to vote for that piece of shit they call reform.

And Max sure as hell does not look good or sound in his little tirade. Frankly, he does sound like he's got about three sheets to the wind. And his rhetoric is pure unadulterated hypocrisy.

I hope he's enjoying his last term in office.

Nailed it exactly!

Back