Sex offender ordered by judge to post signs on his house, car

So you want to put people in prison for life without parole for statutory rape? That isn't even statutory rape in most states, BTW.
No, I am just informing any 22 year old idiot who thinks it might be a good idea to rape my teen that they may want to think again because what I do will be worse than prison.

;)

In CO there is no such thing as Statutory Rape, it is simply Rape for an adult man to sleep with an underage teen. As for pedophilia. Again. You would set an age limit.

I believe that rape sentences are too short, drug sentences are far too long (in fact they shouldn't exist), and it is insane to let pedophiliacs out of prison once they are caught and convicted.

No, I am just informing any 22 year old idiot who thinks it might be a good idea to rape my teen that they may want to think again because what I do will be worse than prison.

Good thing we weren't talking about rape, huh?

Associating statutory rape with pedophilia, or actual rape, is stupid. It's an entirely different, and less serious, crime.

It is not rape. What part of that do you not understand?
It is, by law, here in Colorado. Again. What part of it do you not understand? I know what part you don't understand you believe that a 16 year old has the ability and understanding to consent to such. In some states they agree with you, in others they do not.

I think that a 22 year old who sleeps with 16 year olds only does it because he can't get women his own age, he is therefore too much of a loser for any self-respecting woman to sleep with. Therefore he goes after those who have yet to understand.

It is, by law, here in Colorado. Again. What part of it do you not understand? I know what part you don't understand you believe that a 16 year old has the ability and understanding to consent to such. In some states they agree with you, in others they do not.

Well, you know, go talk to a rape victim, and then go talk to a 16 year old boy who lost his virginity to a 20 year old girl. I just think this equivalency game is ridiculous. There just isn't the kind of victimization present there that there is in a forceful rape.

It's born out of the anti-pedophile movement, but I just think they're misdirecting their rage.

I think that a 22 year old who sleeps with 16 year olds only does it because he can't get women his own age, he is therefore too much of a loser for any self-respecting woman to sleep with. Therefore he goes after those who have yet to understand.

Agreed. And that's why it should be illegal.

Well, you know, go talk to a rape victim, and then go talk to a 16 year old boy who lost his virginity to a 20 year old girl. I just think this equivalency game is ridiculous. There just isn't the kind of victimization present there that there is in a forceful rape.

It's born out of the anti-pedophile movement, but I just think they're misdirecting their rage.
I am glad that the law is as it is. I want recourse for those who would seek to take innocence from my children too early. Especially a loser-man who can't get women his own age so tries for girls who are underage and want to feel special because they are dating somebody so "mature"....

I am glad that the law is as it is. I want recourse for those who would seek to take innocence from my children too early. Especially a loser-man who can't get women his own age so tries for girls who are underage and want to feel special because they are dating somebody so "mature"....

The crimes shouldn't be equated Damo, because it trivializes the trauma of rape.

The crimes shouldn't be equated Damo, because it trivializes the trauma of rape.
It trivializes the other victimization. Simply calling it rape because it takes from those not yet prepared to give such consent doesn't take away from sexual assault any more than calling gay marriage "marriage" takes away from a hetero couple's marriage.

It trivializes the other victimization. Simply calling it rape because it takes from those not yet prepared to give such consent doesn't take away from sexual assault any more than calling gay marriage "marriage" takes away from a hetero couple's marriage.

If we were talking about the mentally retarded here, Damo, it would be different. But I can honestly say I wouldn't want a women who slept with my son sentenced to fifteen years in prison and called a rapist the rest of her life because of a consensual sex act.

If coercion or manipulation were present it would be different.

If we were talking about the mentally retarded here, Damo, it would be different. But I can honestly say I wouldn't want a women who slept with my son sentenced to fifteen years in prison and called a rapist the rest of her life because of a consensual sex act.

If coercion or manipulation were present it would be different.
Ah, so you don't know the difference in the legal terminology. That it is called rape rather than sexual assault might give you a clue. Then there are different levels of assault as well. You are confused because you assume that there is only one law for all of it and that there is no differentiation. Again, calling it "rape" instead of "statutory rape" doesn't take away from a sexual assault victim in any way.

And again, it isn't consensual if they use advantage to gain what they otherwise wouldn't be able to gain.

Ah, so you don't know the difference in the legal terminology. That it is called rape rather than sexual assault might give you a clue. Then there are different levels of assault as well. You are confused because you assume that there is only one law for all of it and that there is no differentiation. Again, calling it "rape" instead of "statutory rape" doesn't take away from a sexual assault victim in any way.

And again, it isn't consensual if they use advantage to gain what they otherwise wouldn't be able to gain.

:pke:

OK so we basically agree on everything.

darth-vader.jpg

The mental image I have of Damo.

Back