Sexism

What do you think about it?

• Total voters
LOL

Those three posts perfectly summarize Dixie and USC. I think they were the best post-response cycle in history.

USC grunts, Dixie goes into an elaborate dialogue extrapolating on the grunt for a ridiculously extended period of time, but misses the point entirely, and USC grunts again in response.

Nope I mean sexism as in promoting sterotypical roles and marketing based on those roles.

You mean, like a vacuum cleaner commercial featuring a woman wielding the vac instead of a man? As if, only women would use a vacuum cleaner? I see what you are saying, I think... but... the fact of the matter is, they market to their consumers, if just as many men used vacuum cleaners, they would likely have men in the commercials as well. So, it's not really being "sexist" in that example, although it might appear to be.

Waterhead... I am sorry I can't use less words to discuss things, I tried that once, and it's where we got the whole "1/3" thing from, so now, I use as many words as I can when I post, so as to not have any possible confusion from retards who can't understand the context when few words are used. If it bothers you, I would suggest you put me on your 'ignore' list.

Women should never wear dresses or stokckings to show off their nice legs should they ? Makeup hair styles nice tans.

They should all just wear flannel shirts, jeans and sneakers I suppose ?

sorry I am an old fashioned guy who still opens doors for ladies and seat them first, etc.

I guess all that is just out the window for this gen though...

Being a gentleman is hardly sexist nor is appreciating a womans femininity.

I think you are mistaking "sexism" for "sexuality" aren't you?

Sexism is the belief that women are subservient creatures to man, or that men are superior to women. I don't know of a company in America that could stay afloat if that were the message they were sending.

Sexual attraction is a common human attribute, there is nothing "sexist" in it, unless it is intentionally used to promote a sexist stereotype. Sure, you have Playboy and Hooter's, but you also have Chippendale's and Playgirl. Are the later two also "sexist" even though it's from the opposite perspective? I don't think any of them are, because they deal with common and normal human sexual attraction, and there is nothing inherently 'sexist' about men and women being physically attracted to one another.

To me, actual "sexism" is more along the lines of a company not promoting a female executive to CEO because she is a woman... or a woman being paid less to do the same job as her male counterpart... those are sexist. If a woman asks a question, and is answered with "sugar" or "sweetheart", that is also sexism through patronization. There is also a 'gray area' here... is it 'sexist' that there are no female coaches in the NFL? I don't think so, because it is a male sport, all males play it, and subsequently, they are more qualified to be coaches.

Good post Dixie. I agree with your analysis.

Sexism is a large part of conservatives agenda.
Keeping women in their stereotypical roles.

It is also a large part of religions.
The Southern Baptists offical stance on the subject ?
And it is not the only religion with this stance regarding women.

You mean, like a vacuum cleaner commercial featuring a woman wielding the vac instead of a man? As if, only women would use a vacuum cleaner? I see what you are saying, I think... but... the fact of the matter is, they market to their consumers, if just as many men used vacuum cleaners, they would likely have men in the commercials as well. So, it's not really being "sexist" in that example, although it might appear to be.

Waterhead... I am sorry I can't use less words to discuss things, I tried that once, and it's where we got the whole "1/3" thing from, so now, I use as many words as I can when I post, so as to not have any possible confusion from retards who can't understand the context when few words are used. If it bothers you, I would suggest you put me on your 'ignore' list.

1/3

Sexism is a large part of conservatives agenda.
Keeping women in their stereotypical roles.

It is also a large part of religions.
The Southern Baptists offical stance on the subject ?
And it is not the only religion with this stance regarding women.

Well, you are wrong on both counts. Under the socially conservative G.W. Bush, Condi Rice became the first female National Security Adviser, hardly a stereotypical role. Many conservatives wanted her to run for president, and would have supported her nomination. The overwhelming popular favorite among the most conservative of red state conservatives, is Sarah Palin, who breaks the mold when it comes to female stereotypes in just about every way imaginable. She is also devoutly religious, and Baptist at that.

You start out saying this sexism is apparent in religion, then you cite Southern Baptists specifically. Southern Baptists do not represent all religion, in fact, they are only a small fraction of religious believers in the world, and many denominations of Christianity, ordain female ministers. Of course, not the Islamic faiths, they indeed hold great prejudice toward women. But, it's just not PC to bash Muslims, is it? Let's single out Southern Baptists instead!

Well, you are wrong on both counts. Under the socially conservative G.W. Bush, Condi Rice became the first female National Security Adviser, hardly a stereotypical role. Many conservatives wanted her to run for president, and would have supported her nomination. The overwhelming popular favorite among the most conservative of red state conservatives, is Sarah Palin, who breaks the mold when it comes to female stereotypes in just about every way imaginable. She is also devoutly religious, and Baptist at that.

You start out saying this sexism is apparent in religion, then you cite Southern Baptists specifically. Southern Baptists do not represent all religion, in fact, they are only a small fraction of religious believers in the world, and many denominations of Christianity, ordain female ministers. Of course, not the Islamic faiths, they indeed hold great prejudice toward women. But, it's just not PC to bash Muslims, is it? Let's single out Southern Baptists instead!

1/3

Do they put drop dead gorgeous women in commercials or plain looking women ?
Buy this product and gorgeous women will want you, etc.
How many men in baby care products commercials ?

the makeup industry, the fashion industry, etc
Some commercials I have trouble figuring out the product the sexy lady is trying to promote.

Sexism sells.

Muslims, Mormon, Hindu, etc women are kept in their place by religious means.
I mentioned southern baptists becuase keeping the women in their place is an official stance of the church.
It has also cost them some churches.
Some churches will not condone women preachers.

Being conservative by definition is to resist/oppose change.

then of course there is the feminazi rhetoric by those such as Rush....

And the thread "Feminists like Darla..." penned by a staunch conservative.

Last edited:
I mentioned southern baptists becuase keeping the women in their place is an official stance of the church.

No it's not, I have been a member of a Southern Baptist church, and my Uncle is a Southern Baptist minister. Nowhere do they state that "women should be kept in their place" or anything of the sort. There is no "official stance" regarding women in the Southern Baptist church. You've read too much dishonest propaganda.

No, it's not.

con⋅serv⋅a⋅tive
   /kənˈsɜrvətɪv/
–adjective
1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
2. cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
3. traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.
4. (often initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Conservative party.
5. (initial capital letter) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Conservative Jews or Conservative Judaism.
6. having the power or tendency to conserve; preservative.
7. Mathematics. (of a vector or vector function) having curl equal to zero; irrotational; lamellar.
–noun
8. a person who is conservative in principles, actions, habits, etc.
9. a supporter of conservative political policies.
10. (initial capital letter) a member of a conservative political party, esp. the Conservative party in Great Britain.
11. a preservative.

Where in the definition does it say "to resist" or "to oppose" anything?

Feminists who militantly demand we live by their standards are Nazi-like in their approach, therefore, the term ideally suits many militant feminists. IF someone uses the term "radical blacks" to describe the Black Panthers, is that "racist" or the truth?

So fucking what? Duhla IS A FEMINIST! WTF? You really live in la-la-land, don't you?

Muslims, Mormon, Hindu, etc women are kept in their place by religious means.
It has also cost them some churches.
Some churches will not condone women preachers.

thats like saying progressives want to resist/oppose anything that doesn't change...nonsense. do you really believe that there should be no traditions, no status quo, etc...?

if you celebrate your birthday, you are a conservative :)

thats like saying progressives want to resist/oppose anything that doesn't change...nonsense. do you really believe that there should be no traditions, no status quo, etc...?

if you celebrate your birthday, you are a conservative :)

I did not say that at all, you can spin however you want to it does not change what I DID say.

where did i claim you said anything? :pke:

why can't you answer the questions i posed?

usidiot isn't very good at answering questions. He only recently graduated to posting multiple sentences of idiocy. Most of the time, his posts consist of some sarcastic smart-ass one liner, which doesn't make sense. You can read through this thread alone, for plenty of examples.

Back