Sherrif Arpaio, Human Scum

AMEN! Not only cruel and abusive, he's bleeding the taxpayers in his county. Those who continue to re-elect him are idiots.

Last fall he lost accreditation because of his practices. Finally.

"Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jail accreditation was terminated last month — even as he awaited a federal court ruling that could take his jails out of his control.

Now, an examination of public records reveals that Arpaio failed for years to demonstrate that he had the proper credentials to operate the county jails. This violates a state law that went into effect in 2003 and requires sheriffs to annually provide the Arizona Department of Health Services with proof that their jails meet national standards. From 2003 to 2007, Arpaio failed to provide such proof to the department.

In 2008, Arpaio finally provided a certificate of national accreditation. But that same accreditation was revoked last month when the National Commission on Correctional Health Care decided that the jails do not meet U.S. standards."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-10-09/news/sheriff-joe-arpaio-s-jails-lose-national-accreditation/

"...Maricopa County taxpayers... already shelled out a staggering $43 million to cover lawsuit settlements and expenses to families of jail abuse victims during Arpaio's tenure."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/02/sheriff_joe_arpaio_sued_over_t.php

Yawn!!

AMEN! Not only cruel and abusive, he's bleeding the taxpayers in his county. Those who continue to re-elect him are idiots.

Last fall he lost accreditation because of his practices. Finally.

"Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jail accreditation was terminated last month — even as he awaited a federal court ruling that could take his jails out of his control.

Now, an examination of public records reveals that Arpaio failed for years to demonstrate that he had the proper credentials to operate the county jails. This violates a state law that went into effect in 2003 and requires sheriffs to annually provide the Arizona Department of Health Services with proof that their jails meet national standards. From 2003 to 2007, Arpaio failed to provide such proof to the department.

In 2008, Arpaio finally provided a certificate of national accreditation. But that same accreditation was revoked last month when the National Commission on Correctional Health Care decided that the jails do not meet U.S. standards."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-10-09/news/sheriff-joe-arpaio-s-jails-lose-national-accreditation/

"...Maricopa County taxpayers... already shelled out a staggering $43 million to cover lawsuit settlements and expenses to families of jail abuse victims during Arpaio's tenure."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/02/sheriff_joe_arpaio_sued_over_t.php

Dumbo lives in Maricopa County, doesn't he?

"Hey guys, I have all this information to disprove this thread, but I won't give it to you because you don't really want to hear it."

:folds arms:
:is a baby:

The fact that any of this happens where you live is nota reflection on you. I am sure bad shit happens all over.

But yeah, I'd say this is a sign ya'll need to change your sheriff.

I see.
So becuase a handful of individuals have violated policy and are then held accountable, the Sherriff should be removed.

Fortuneltly, cooler heads have prevailed and we all keep voting him back into office.

May I suggest that you actually look at all the information, before you jump to a conclusion.

"Hey guys, I have all this information to disprove this thread, but I won't give it to you because you don't really want to hear it."

:folds arms:
:is a baby:

Stop folding your arms and acting like a baby. :tantrum:

It can't hurt and might just help.

The feds should require that inmates get decent meals fit for a human being. They should be required to spend at least three dollars per a person three times a day on a balanced meal using food the federal government approves of, consisting of at least 1800 calories. Any sheriff who fails to comply should be sentenced to life in prison, or, preferably, death.

These are shoplifters, for christ sake. It's not like they're some terrible subhumans that deserve to be treated terribly, like Arpaio. His programs aren't effective at reducing crime, and they are abuses of human rights. It is an offense to me, as a human being, that any of my brothers are being treated this way. In fucking America, as well, the richest nation on Earth.

Last edited:
The feds should require that inmates get decent meals fit for a human being. They should be required to spend at least three dollars per a person three times a day on a balanced meal using food the federal government approves of, consisting of at least 1800 calories. Any sheriff who fails to comply should be sentenced to life in prison, or, preferably, death.

These are shoplifters, for christ sake. It's not like they're some terrible subhumans that deserve to be treated terribly, like Arpaio. His programs aren't effective at reducing crime, and they are abuses of human rights. It is an offense to me, as a human being, that any of my brothers are being treated this way. In fucking America, as well, the richest nation on Earth.

That, except for the death penalty endoresement, is the correct answer.

That, except for the death penalty endoresement, is the correct answer.

I don't actually approve of the death penalty (at all), or life imprisonment for sheriffs that fail to comply (they should just be removed from the post). I was just using hyperbole.

Back