Shooter was very bullied in school

So kids dont get bulled in NYC schools
School shootings are most common in places where the bully's grandparents knew the bullied's grandparents. It is the lack of mobility that seems to make the bullying feel worse. The bullied sees no way out of what he believes the rest of his life to be.

NYC has a high rate of mobility. It is the opposite of the rural static areas where bullying feels worse.

School shootings are most common in places where the bully's grandparents knew the bullied's grandparents. It is the lack of mobility that seems to make the bullying feel worse. The bullied sees no way out of what he believes the rest of his life to be.

NYC has a high rate of mobility. It is the opposite of the rural static areas where bullying feels worse.
That's a very interesting and insightful idea. I haven't read any data on it but understand how people who feel trapped in a hopeless situation can react violently, even if it's only suicide......and let's not forget that what Tommy Crooks did was an elaborate form of suicide.

That's a very interesting and insightful idea. I haven't read any data on it but understand how people who feel trapped in a hopeless situation can react violently, even if it's only suicide......and let's not forget that what Tommy Crooks did was an elaborate form of suicide.
I will admit that the data is not solid on schools shootings, because honestly there are so few. It is like studying lightning strikes. But clearly it happens more often in schools that have low social and geographic mobility. It is the places where the bully's grandparents knew the bullied's grandparents, and everyone assumes the bully's grandchildren will know the bullied's grandchildren.

With Crooks in particular, there is the question of why he did not flee the situation. I am guessing that it was depression, but that is just a guess. He could have left to go to college when he graduated from high school in 2022. Instead, he went to local community college. Then when he graduated from local community college in 2024, he was accepted to University of Pittsburgh for this September... And then decided not to go.

The near definition of depression is refusing to solve your problems when possible. Crooks seemed to be refusing to solve his problems by getting out of town. His search history included for information on depression, so he may have realized he had a problem.

..With Crooks in particular, there is the question of why he did not flee the situation. I am guessing that it was depression, but that is just a guess. He could have left to go to college when he graduated from high school in 2022. Instead, he went to local community college. Then when he graduated from local community college in 2024, he was accepted to University of Pittsburgh for this September... And then decided not to go.

The near definition of depression is refusing to solve your problems when possible. Crooks seemed to be refusing to solve his problems by getting out of town. His search history included for information on depression, so he may have realized he had a problem.
People who are suicidal don't plan on saving their lives. Agreed depression is a major factor in suicide, especially among the young. Suicide is logical in cases of terminal illness and age-related illnesses, but in a young, healthy person? That's literally insane.

Our nation needs better mental healthcare. I'm a cancer survivor. I have no doubt that a major reason I am is because of Obama's "Cancer Moonshot". The results are dramatic when a nation puts its full force behind a program regardless if it's an actual moonshot* or the Cancer Moonshot program. I have no doubt a similar program geared toward mental health, especially if pushed by the US worldwide, would have similar results.

Democrats keep pushing to ban guns ahead of mental health reform. Republicans whine about mental health but do very little to support mental health reform. IMO, the nation would be better served if the Democrats would prioritize mental health first and gun banning second, thus putting the Republicans at odds with their own words.

*today is the 55th anniversary of the Moon landing. I watched it live on a small B&W tv on my grandparent's farm.

Last edited:
More on the positive results on a focused, national healthcare problem. In this case, cancer. I've seen and read the results of what, 20 years ago, was a death sentence and is now treatable. I've experienced this with both myself and my now-deceased brother who was given almost four years longer than he would have had before the Cancer Moonshot.

I would imagine that this is pertinent to the newer generations like Z and A, not the older generations, correct?

People who are suicidal don't plan on saving their lives. Agreed depression is a major factor in suicide, especially among the young. Suicide is logical in cases of terminal illness and age-related illnesses, but in a young, healthy person? That's literally insane.

Our nation needs better mental healthcare. I'm a cancer survivor. I have no doubt that a major reason I am is because of Obama's "Cancer Moonshot". The results are dramatic when a nation puts its full force behind a program regardless if it's an actual moonshot* or the Cancer Moonshot program. I have no doubt a similar program geared toward mental health, especially if pushed by the US worldwide, would have similar results.

Democrats keep pushing to ban guns ahead of mental health reform. Republicans whine about mental health but do very little to support mental health reform. IMO, the nation would be better served if the Democrats would prioritize mental health first and gun banning second, thus putting the Republicans at odds with their own words.

*today is the 55th anniversary of the Moon landing. I watched it live on a small B&W tv on my grandparent's farm.
I support massive mental health care availability. Make it free for everyone. Make mental health screening mandatory for higher office.

Agree. Trump is a fascist trying to take over country with violence. More will try to stop him.

You Communists have tried to put Trump in prison and tried to kill him. Now you have shit all over democracy and removed your own candidate who was democratically elected - you scum hate democracy: But TRUMP is the fascist?

Back