• Yes, because he's a Republican

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, because the media is off-limits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just loved my dad a great deal and always love to read and hear about other people who had interacted with him.... he was such a positive influence on so many folks. If you got nothing, which I suspect, that is completely understandable. No harm no foul.

You have such a suspicious mind, Commander.

BM and Mainman, why do you two engage is such off topic personal banter on these threads?

Maybe because BM can't debate with facts or stay on topic without his conditioned hatred spilling over the top every time.

I do...probably both. Wouldn't that be appropriate for someone threatening an elected official with bodily harm?

To me, something like that does not warrant governmental interference. One person simply letting his temper get the best of him and acting like a child, no real harm done. A pattern of that type of behavior should make someone disqualified for public office. The guy apologised, forgive and move on.

Now if the Congressman had made a more specific and creditable threat, like, "tonight I am going to come to your house and shoot you.",that might be a different story. Otherwise its kind of protected by the First Amendment under Freedom of Speech, is it not?

I think the voters should consider his behavior next time the dude is up for election.

To me, something like that does not warrant governmental interference. One person simply letting his temper get the best of him and acting like a child, no real harm done. A pattern of that type of behavior should make someone disqualified for public office. The guy apologised, forgive and move on.

Now if the Congressman had made a more specific and creditable threat, like, "tonight I am going to come to your house and shoot you.",that might be a different story. Otherwise its kind of protected by the First Amendment under Freedom of Speech, is it not?
now imagine that someone uttered that to Obama. think the government would interfere then?

Back