Should states be able to nullify federal law and supreme court decisions?

Should the states be able to nullify federal law and supreme court decisions?

• Total voters
not sure about federal law but 100% in agreement with supreme court decisions. Provided of course it is only for civil litigation. There are too many things involved with criminal litigation to do this.

The supreme court is set for life. So the justices who sit there may not reflect the cultural values of the country anymore. I think if 75% of governors agree that something should be overturned then it should.

so the people should no longer be the power of this country?

not sure about federal law but 100% in agreement with supreme court decisions. Provided of course it is only for civil litigation. There are too many things involved with criminal litigation to do this.

The supreme court is set for life. So the justices who sit there may not reflect the cultural values of the country anymore. I think if 75% of governors agree that something should be overturned then it should.

Is nullification of the Supreme Court by state governors consistent with the Constitution?

Stay on topic, or this thread will be moved to the war zone, where you will find all threads that devolve to back and forth insults.

Would you advocate remaking our government by force of arms?

Stay on topic, or this thread will be moved to the war zone, where you will find all threads that devolve to back and forth insults.

"the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson

I would not want to "remake" the government, but I would like to get us back to how this country was meant to be run which is by following the constitution and not following men.

"the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson

I would not want to "remake" the government, but I would like to get us back to how this country was meant to be run which is by following the constitution and not following men.

Would you like to join Mr. SmarterthanFew in watering the tree with the blood of Texas peace officers?

I keep telling retarded morons like legion coward that it's not about 'remaking', but about 'restoring'. statists usually can't understand things like that.

Would you like to join Mr. SmarterthanFew in watering the tree with the blood of Texas peace officers?

I don't think blood is necessary right now, but I do think that there is a lot of cowardice and complacency among many Americans right now when it comes to standing up for what this country is all about and not letting the document that has made this country stand apart from all other to be ignored and looked at as meaningless. Would you say that this country is currently operating for the sake of the constitution or for the sake of men?

I don't think blood is necessary right now, but I do think that there is a lot of cowardice and complacency among many Americans right now when it comes to standing up for what this country is all about and not letting the document that has made this country stand apart from all other to be ignored and looked at as meaningless. Would you say that this country is currently operating for the sake of the constitution or for the sake of men?

If something is being done which is unconstitutional, our founding fathers prescribed a judicial remedy, didn't they?

Is there any record of a founder taking up arms against our government because he disagreed with a court ruling?

No longer? Do you actually believe "The People" are the power now?

We're an oligarchy. The People haven't had power for decades.

They never did, did they?

If something is being done which is unconstitutional, our founding fathers prescribed a judicial remedy, didn't they?

Is there any record of a founder taking up arms against our government because he disagreed with a court ruling?

There are examples but if you can please give a yes or no answer, or atleast a sincere answer, to the question I asked from the start then I will give you those examples.

There are examples but if you can please give a yes or no answer, or atleast a sincere answer, to the question I asked from the start then I will give you those examples.

I voted in your poll, Norah.

Now, what founders took up arms against our government because they disagreed with a court ruling?

You have asked a complicated question with an answer based in years of caselaw with many answers based on the facts of the decision. Generally Constitutional questions are decided by the United States Supreme Court.

You have asked a complicated question with an answer based in years of caselaw with many answers based on the facts of the decision. Generally Constitutional questions are decided by the United States Supreme Court.

Norah wants to change that, if I'm understanding her correctly.

Pray explain what that entails, Counselor, as I can vouch for the fact that you are indeed a practicing attorney.

Good luck getting anything but a smartass answer from that piece of shit.

Norah wants to change that, if I'm understanding her correctly.

Pray explain what that entails, Counselor, as I can vouch for the fact that you are indeed a practicing attorney.

You can?

I can, and I do, Counselor. Your bona fides are a matter of public record.

Please give young Norah the benefit of your expertise, as far as you can.

I can, and I do, Counselor. Your bona fides are a matter of public record.

Please give young Norah the benefit of your expertise, as far as you can.

You cant. You want me to explain to her how to get a Constitutional Amendment passed?

Back