Should your office be a 'no politics' zone?

I disagree that the office should be a no politics zone. Christ, people don't participate enough in politics as it is. Then setting aside half of the hours that you are awake as politics-free doesn't make much sense to me. Additionally, I view the office and work not just a place to go to do some stuff and get paid for it but as a chance to interact with others and grow not just professionally but personally as well. Politics is a part of that.

Absolutely not. As we can see on this board it gets personal and vicious and if its not facilitating work, it shouldn't be bought up in the work place.

Absolutely not. As we can see on this board it gets personal and vicious and if its not facilitating work, it shouldn't be bought up in the work place.

I'm with you LadyT. At work you are suppose to be working not sitting around having political debates. And it can be challenging enough to get people to work together as it is let alone throw something as devisive as politics into the mix. Talk about a 'hostile work environment'.

dolitary, doing lots of fiber to the premise work ?

We are doing quite a bit in FL, PA, VA and possibly starting a project in MN.

Thank the gods for the phone companies, because the cable companies haven't done a serious upgrade since '03.

IF people could discuss politics without getting angury about others opinions It would be great..

They cant.

We are doing quite a bit in FL, PA, VA and possibly starting a project in MN.

Thank the gods for the phone companies, because the cable companies haven't done a serious upgrade since '03.

I work with the provisioning systems side of the fiber game.
Among other games.

according to Vonage all the phone companies have changed are their prices.

I work with the provisioning systems side of the fiber game.
Among other games.

Oh! So you are part of the reason there is a 3 month delay in getting a reel of fiber that is above 3k ft? So when the "brilliant" engineers rework something we contractors get to sit until next quarter?

lol

j/k

Oh! So you are part of the reason there is a 3 month delay in getting a reel of fiber that is above 3k ft? So when the "brilliant" engineers rework something we contractors get to sit until next quarter?

lol

j/k

LOL, Nope I with with the software side of the game, we cause our own set of problems. Years ago I did work for a fiber manufacturer though. I am a certified fiber splicer.

I used to train fiber splicers.

LOL, Nope I with with the software side of the game, we cause our own set of problems. Years ago I did work for a fiber manufacturer though. I am a certified fiber splicer.

I used to train fiber splicers.

There was a time, not so long ago, that fiber splicing was an excellent way to make significant money. But the prices for fiber splicing have continued to drop.

Since my color vision is not perfect, it was never an option for me.

There was a time, not so long ago, that fiber splicing was an excellent way to make significant money. But the prices for fiber splicing have continued to drop.

Since my color vision is not perfect, it was never an option for me.

Yep the IT biz money has dropped a lot too.

Back