Similarities

Prakosh

There are at least two striking similarities between bin Laden and Bush: bin Laden calls his most ardent followers, who are its members, al Qaeda--al Qaeda means literally "the Base." Bush, being much more possessive and materialistic, calls his most ardent followers "my Base." bin Laden claims he talks to God and that he gets his directions for jihad directly from God who talks back to bin Laden. Bush also claims he talks to God and that he got his direction to attack Iraq and spread democracy directly from God who also talks to Bush. Let's assume for a moment that both men are telling the truth, that in fact they talk to God and He speaks to both of them.

These similarities perhaps strange coincidences provoke several questions: If there is only one God why is he talking to these two men? If there are in fact two gods, then which is the true God? If there is only one God why does God want to play "let's you and him fight" with Bush and bin Laden?

Yes, but you ask questions easily answered otherwise. Do you believe that there is only one god?

what about the ohter people who god talks to like Pat Robertson why does god say different things to him?

Is there only one person who god IS really talking to?

Who is that one person?

how do we know for sure its god and not the devil taliing to them?

That would depend. If you believe in the Bible then no. There isn't just one prophet that God would speak to. However, agreeable to that book God doesn't make contradictory demands of two different people. One or the other would be right if the beliefs of the Bible, or even that of the Koran, are to be believed...

There is more than one Supernatural figure in both of those books that could "talk" to them...

Who is that one person?

how do we know for sure its god and not the devil taliing to them?
There wouldn't be just one person. This is a disingenuous comment based in what you feel, not what is read.

You would have to judge for yourself...

I don't believe that there is a "god" talking to either. I do believe that they use an inner voice programmed from childhood to make decisions. Bin Laden is mostly led by guilt, his younger years were quite wild and he works to make up for them... Bush may have some of that same motivation.

My questions are as to what you actually believe, starting from that point we can build an actual tapestry of answers that could work to build a larger understanding. Fascetious inanity questions rarely build understanding, what they do is create a larger divide.

who gets to deside wether its God and nto the devil or some other evil talking to one or another person.

What if its just a lie or insanity?

who gets to deside?

I don't believe that there is a "god" talking to either. I do believe that they use an inner voice programmed from childhood to make decisions. Bin Laden is mostly led by guilt, his younger years were quite wild and he works to make up for them...

hmmm that is like Bush aslo .....another similarity

Read post above. You can answer that yourself. First we need to know where your beliefs lie if you actually seek answers rather than to drive a wedge deeper with fascetiousness and deep sarcasm.

I don't believe that there is a "god" talking to either. I do believe that they use an inner voice programmed from childhood to make decisions. Bin Laden is mostly led by guilt, his younger years were quite wild and he works to make up for them...

hmmm that is like Bush aslo .....another similarity
Hence you should notice the line.. "Bush may have some of that same motivation." I notice you took it out... I thought I'd point it out.

A tapestry of fascetious questions never serves to build a strong agreement between people who may see the world differently. It serves to create a defensive reaction and build a wider gulch to cross in order to come to a compromise understanding.

Im sorry I was reading to fast and missed it somehow
It's all good. Similarities between people do not necessarily mean either is right or wrong or that they are wrong together, etc. Saying both had wild childhoods and later had religious epiphanies doesn't change the reality of one declaring war on the other then attacking that other.

In neither of the cases mentioned by prak do the leaders claim god talks to them. They interrupt what they see and know from their respective religions. when someone says god spoke directly to them. Better sit up and take notice and be prepared to open the rubber room.

al queda is the base. They started the ball rolling. All the other fanatics in islam are following their lead. even if they don't agree with thier brand of islam they are joining in.

Bush's "base" is just those that follow his polical agenda. They are not out to destroy the world. Its purely a political term. Hiliary has a base too. bin kerry has a base.

Its apples and oranges.

I have brown hair of similar color to Hitler, does that make me equal to him? If both Hitler and I stated that God spoke to us would it make me even more like him?

Back