So Republicans Don't Have A Voice...

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
WASHINGTON – On the eve of a key vote, President Barack Obama privately promised Republicans he stands ready to accept changes in the $825 billion economic stimulus legislation, invoked Ronald Reagan to rebut conservative critics and urged lawmakers to "put politics aside" in the interest of creating jobs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_economy

:eek:

according to some here, republicans should die off, bend over and take it, no longer have a voice....

well...YOU'RE WRONG :clink:

After 8 years of bush I don't see why anyone should listen to any previous bush supporters.
Then there was Palin mania by the same crowd...

After 8 years of bush I don't see why anyone should listen to any previous bush supporters.
Then there was Palin mania by the same crowd...

just because you can't see doesn't mean others don't...there is nothing in the article that states that all those republicans supported bush on everything...

but i can tell it is really party over country with you, even obama recognizes that the republicans have a voice, pity for you

just because you can't see doesn't mean others don't...there is nothing in the article that states that all those republicans supported bush on everything...

but i can tell it is really party over country with you, even obama recognizes that the republicans have a voice, pity for you

Party over country with me? You do not know me very well.
I just despise Bush and blame those who supported him as much as him.
And that includes the dems that voted for him.

I dislike all parties. I just really despise the Republicans because of what they have done to my country.

Party over country with me? You do not know me very well.
I just despise Bush and blame those who supported him as much as him.
And that includes the dems that voted for him.

I dislike all parties. I just really despise the Republicans because of what they have done to my country.

And may their party rest in peace.

Until some stupid shits in the future pull the stake out of its heart.

You can count on em doing it. Jeb/Sarah 2012.

after all Jeb is not as bad as George and Sarah looks better than Pelosi.

Last edited:
He'd be an impressive and formidable candidate, no doubt.

Yeah, there are several reasons why I think he'll get the nod. First, he will esentially be another moderate type, like McCain, except he won't have age, cancer, and party rivalries as non-sequitors to be used against him. Secondly, Huckabee will likely screw over whoever the other major front runner is again by running strong in the South (the way he did last time) - that person will likely be Palin, who will also be the candidate of the neocons, and also shares Huckabee's populist rhetoric. These three candidates are energetic and popular, which really won't leave room for anyone else be they Hunter, Pawlenty, Santorum, et. al.

who would republicans on here vote for in 2012? Obama or Jeb?

and why?

The Bushes are completely finished. There is certainly a core of 15-25% that would support a run by Jeb, but I doubt seriously that the majority of Republicans (much less the majority of the general electorate) would ever permit it to occur.

The Bushes are completely finished. There is certainly a core of 15-25% that would support a run by Jeb, but I doubt seriously that the majority of Republicans (much less the majority of the general electorate) would ever permit it to occur.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public.

Who the heck is Bobby Jindal?

He's the governor of Lousiana. He's Indian-American (as in, India) so he's dark skinned. This makes Republicans think "Oh, he's just like Obama! America likes Obama. America will like Jindal" Plus, he's a radical right wing Catholic who has performed actual exorcisms in the past. So, this makes Republicans think "Oh, he has dark skin and he performs exorcisms so he is just like OBama except for being bug-fuck nuts like us, Yeah!".

Aint that the truth. If Republicans don't have a voice in our government it's their own damned fault for putting ideological extremism in front of the nations best interest. They had power for 6 years and denied not only the opposition a voice but even the moderates in their own party a voice. If Republicans are with out a voice, it's their own damned fault and my heart pumps piss for them. That's the problem with losing your credibility. You play hell earning it back.

But that's a strawman. Republicans are hardly with out a voice. They control one branch of government (the judiciary) and they can hamstring another via the filibuster (legislative branch). Are Republicans in a weak position? Yes, but hardly voiceless.

WASHINGTON – On the eve of a key vote, President Barack Obama privately promised Republicans he stands ready to accept changes in the $825 billion economic stimulus legislation, invoked Ronald Reagan to rebut conservative critics and urged lawmakers to "put politics aside" in the interest of creating jobs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_economy

:eek:

according to some here, republicans should die off, bend over and take it, no longer have a voice....

well...YOU'RE WRONG :clink:

How does this prove I'm wrong? The words of the newest Republican president, Obama, mean nothing to me.

who would republicans on here vote for in 2012? Obama or Jeb?

and why?

Isn't it a bit early to be deciding such a vote?

Jeb Bush was my governor and honestly, I felt he did a decent job at being Governor. As for Barack Obama, well he's been President for just over a week. True, he hasn't fixed all of our problems yet, but I think we should give him a month or so before we start bitching too much. :D

I am very much against Obama's first move as President with his effort to add to the numbers of abortions, but so far, the rest hasn't been a disaster. In truth, I probably wouldn't vote for either one of them as long as they are running under the banner of either the Democrats or the Republicans, but I'm hoping through the next four or eight years that Barack Obama will grow on me and the nation.

Immie

Back