So when are Republicans going to have their first Black Presidential Candidate?

The republicans are working on it.

They just need to figure out how to get the die to last long enough.

FYI: The first black president was Warren G. Harding (1921-23). He was only 1/4 black, but its a start. Waaay ahead of you guys there. :)

So when are Republicans going to have their first Black Presidential Candidate.

Shhh dont tell them that Bush is black.

The republicans are working on it.

They just need to figure out how to get the die to last long enough.

Dammit Desh! Just because Cawacko is black from the waist down doesn't mean you need to tell the whole board about your multiple orgasm conspiracy theories. Just tell them how Cawacko gives you multiple orgasms, i'm sorry, i mean the big O, oh no I'm sorry I mean President O.

Dammit Desh! Just because Cawacko is black from the waist down doesn't mean you need to tell the whole board about your multiple orgasm conspiracy theories. Just tell them how Cawacko gives you multiple orgasms, i'm sorry, i mean the big O, oh no I'm sorry I mean President O.

You're drunker than me Caw.

:clink:

I think they might wait until they find a black man qualified for the job.
Sooo Colin Powell and J.C. Watts and Alan Keyes for that matter are ALL UNQUALIFIED? My bet is Alan Keyes says shit that is more intelligent when he talks in his sleep than Bush says wide awake.

If you didn't know better, you would think that the Democratic Party has been having black candidates win their nomination for decades.

The last presidential election, the dems had Al Sharpton as their sole black candidate.

Obama has been the nominee (officially) for about a week. Its not as though you have presented much of a case.

I think the republicans haven't done so badly.

Bush (idiot though he may be) had more blacks in top cabinet positions than ANY previous administration.

So while there may have been no top nominee from the republicans, the democrats haven't done much more except in recent months.

FYI: The first black president was Warren G. Harding (1921-23). He was only 1/4 black, but its a start. Waaay ahead of you guys there. :)

Not when you consider the history.

The Republican Party was concievef as an anti-slavery party .. and at one time in our history nearly all blacks were republicans.

Today's Republican Party would consider them leftists.

Today's Democratic Party would consider the party of its roots to be right-wingers.

Note: All US Presidents have been "part" black.

I think they might wait until they find a black man qualified for the job.

J.C. Watts was their "Barack Obama" .. but even he decided to get out fast because he knew it had absolutely nothing to do with being "qualified."

"Qualified" .. like George Bush?

Maybe like a B movie actor turned politician?

Republicans haven't found one because they aren't looking.

Nothing could possibly be more obvious.

J.C. Watts was their "Barack Obama" .. but even he decided to get out fast because he knew it had absolutely nothing to do with being "qualified."

LOL

So true.

Exactly. Dilldock is FOS.

I mean who wins the Republican Party nominee....

10 years? 20 years? 50 years? 100 years?

CK

What quality does being Black or White have to do with being qualified to be President... or holding any public office? Is skin color of significant importance in running for public office? Whose core beliefs is it that believes it is?

What quality does being Black or White have to do with being qualified to be President... or holding any public office? Is skin color of significant importance in running for public office? Whose core beliefs is it that believes it is?

It means everything to a Democrat--it proves they love everyone and proves that Republicans are all racists. I have no clue how they will talk themselves out of being sexists for dumping Hillary but I'm sure they can find something.

It means everything to a Democrat--it proves they love everyone and proves that Republicans are all racists. I have no clue how they will talk themselves out of being sexists for dumping Hillary but I'm sure they can find something.

It certainly shows who places importance on Race rather than other qualifications that actually relate to being qualified to be President.

Not when you consider the history.

The Republican Party was concievef as an anti-slavery party .. and at one time in our history nearly all blacks were republicans.

Today's Republican Party would consider them leftists.

Today's Democratic Party would consider the party of its roots to be right-wingers.

Note: All US Presidents have been "part" black.

I'm not concerned with what ignorant people would consider. Who were the pre-eminant liberals of the Founding Generation? Jefferson (ideological father of the Dem Party), Madison and Franklin. The conservates were Federalists like Adams, Washington, Hamilton and Jay - The later Whig and Republican Party's were in that conservative tradition.

Let's consider these:
Which party promoted an egalitarian, democratic, populist society? Dems
Which party supported elitist, ordered liberty? GOP
Which party hated free market capitalism? Dems (just like today)
Which party promoted free market capitalism? GOP

The old conflict of the parties was that of republican virtue and individual license. That conflict has not changed at all.

Back