Something good Bush has done

from damo's list:

Things that I personally like that Bush has done:

5. Bush's FEMA handled the Mississippi floods well.
6. Bush pressed to repass the Voting Rights Act...
7. National Adoption Month
8. The Amber Alert Bill
9. HIV Funding in Africa...
10. The DO NOT CALL REGISTRY!
12. Seven more NATO Allies.
13. National WWII Memorial.

I'd go along with those.

What a neocon! :cof1:

"10The DO NOT CALL REGISTRY! (I think the only person on this site that doesn't like this is theDANO...)"

What do you expect from a telemarketer whose job it is to cold call senior citizens and try to talk them into signing their SS checks over to him so that he can collect a million dollars he has coming from a relative in Pakistan, which he will then split with them?

"10The DO NOT CALL REGISTRY! (I think the only person on this site that doesn't like this is theDANO...)"

What do you expect from a telemarketer whose job it is to cold call senior citizens and try to talk them into signing their SS checks over to him so that he can collect a million dollars he has coming from a relative in Pakistan, which he will then split with them?

Oh yeah!

I forgot about that. I think most sane people supported that.

"what is the fascination with Osama"?

Are you being sarcastic? Tell me that is some joke that I'm just not picking up on.

Nope, no joke! But I would like to know how this changes things? do you really think it will make a signifigant change on the face of terror? Do you think the terrorists would suddenly throw there hand up and quit because on of thier fearless leaders thats hiding in a cave somewhere was caught?

I too would like to see him caught, however I don't see it changing the big picture too much.

It might not change our enemies too much, but it would certainly uplift US in a profound way

I think it would be a tremendous uplifting to many Americans, agree 100% but overall he is only one man that won't make a big change if caught is all I am suggesting.

I would tend to agree that it would do way more FOR us than it would do AGAINST islamic extremism.

We saw that whatever his name was terrorist leader over in iraq nailed and it did nothing much there either. they are a determined bunch for sure.

see that maine, we agreed on something! :clink:

small miracles do happen!

agreed...I wish you could go back to the other site and read where my nemisis DIxie predicted that Zarqawi's death was certain to spell the timely demise of the insurgency. Actually, he has been predicting the timely demise of the insurgency since about a month after the insurgency began!

Folks are wrong to compare you...and if I ever did, I apologize. YOu are infinitely more reasonable

agreed...I wish you could go back to the other site and read where my nemisis DIxie predicted that Zarqawi's death was certain to spell the timely demise of the insurgency. Actually, he has been predicting the timely demise of the insurgency since about a month after the insurgency began!

Folks are wrong to compare you...and if I ever did, I apologize. YOu are infinitely more reasonable

Awww, thanks pal! I think the verdict is still out with the others though.:cof1:

It always take a little discussing before we get past what we expect from users, especially if you are used to these message boards.

my pleasure.... I am always willing to agree to disagree and do so respectfully, if treated that way in return.

so tell me what you bring to the table.... experiences education profession, etc....?

Just a loser in all aspects sir, I done dropped out of college, had a shitty experience thus far in life, and can't find a damn job while I am still trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up! :cof1:

LOL, I'll bring experince I guess. I have been a long time politcal watcher, been at it on these darn arguing boards, and always seeking the happy medium in the world. My education on global politics has a ways to go yet, but ambition I don't lack when it comes to absorbing knowledge. I'm a carpenter on occassion, heading into the field of building inspections. Hmmm, and probably just a wee bit short of a full deck of cards for the most part.

I think I've seen all 52. YOu'll do fine.... you have a good sense of humor, a healthy dose of reason and just a tad of humility.

I think I've seen all 52. YOu'll do fine.... you have a good sense of humor, a healthy dose of reason and just a tad of humility.

Damn, done showed all my cards again! :cof1:

Thanks maine, see even though we are from different sides of the fence we can still find some middle ground! Now if we could see that happen in the big leagues, well we may get somewhere...

Back