spoiled children

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
i find it hard to believe that some dems say that if their candidate is not nominated that they will not vote or will vote for mc - they are acting like spoiled children

hc and ob are just not that far apart politically, but they ARE miles away from mc :confused:

i find it hard to believe that some dems say that if their candidate is not nominated that they will not vote or will vote for mc - they are acting like spoiled children

hc and ob are just not that far apart politically, but they ARE miles away from mc :confused:

If HC ends up weaseling her way into getting the nomination, there is no way in hell I'd vote for her unless John McCain threatened to bring back slavery.

Hillary will inevitably do certain things & advance issues politically that I agree with, but there is absolutely no friggin' way I pull the lever for her, ever. She is without a soul; it's against my spiritual beliefs to vote for anyone soul-less.

On war, which is the most important issue to me, judging from statements HC has made and votes she has cast (I refer here particularly to her vote against banning the use of cluster bombs in civilian areas), I do not believe she is any less likely to bomb Iran or another country, than McCain is. I won't have that blood on my hands

Those are my values. They are liberal values. We don't talk em up much, so you might not have heard about them.

It would be a devastating blow to the democratic party if she weasels out the nomination.

I would likely not vote at all.

I would not vote McCain for sure.

Spoiled children?

I would say these are people who realize that sometimes the person behind the party label is more important that blind partisanship. If a candidate is someone the voter absolutely does not want to win, then they are standing by their opinion by refusing to vote for that candidate. That is principled, not spoiled.

democrat party nuts are a passionate group
the are also well known for stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.
the platform and policies wouldn't be a nat's hair different between them.
Hopefully they plan to kick the habit of being losers soon.:clink:

;)
Looks like your tack is catching wind. :clink:

If HC ends up weaseling her way into getting the nomination, there is no way in hell I'd vote for her unless John McCain threatened to bring back slavery.

why

the way feel is anybody but mc or nader...unless you would like to add to the list - i have two major problems with mc; one he is light on economics and two he wants the war to continue - regarding war, my approach is more like rambo, lets do it at home and with lots of violence...:pke::D

Hillary will inevitably do certain things & advance issues politically that I agree with, but there is absolutely no friggin' way I pull the lever for her, ever. She is without a soul; it's against my spiritual beliefs to vote for anyone soul-less.

politicians have souls?

who:confused:

On war, which is the most important issue to me, judging from statements HC has made and votes she has cast (I refer here particularly to her vote against banning the use of cluster bombs in civilian areas), I do not believe she is any less likely to bomb Iran or another country, than McCain is. I won't have that blood on my hands

Those are my values. They are liberal values. We don't talk em up much, so you might not have heard about them.

dar

i have been in favor of cluster bombs almost as long as i have been in favor of fuel air bombs

part of the problem with laying off civilian populations is that modern warfare requires people not as well armed as their enemy hide among civilians - what do you do then...quit?

it is a quandry, perhaps we should not try to fight in nations where the enemy hides among civilians or maybe we should give up fighting in other nations period

i think we should never have invaded iraq and having done so get out as soon as possible - i was around for the viet nam conflict...:(

as for blood on our hands, that started before we were born and i am 63

civilians get killed in wars. some try to reduced the number of civilian casualties others just consider anyone not fighting for them as fighting against them

while war sucks (some wars more than others), sometimes the alternative sucks more

It would be a devastating blow to the democratic party if she weasels out the nomination.

I would likely not vote at all.

I would not vote McCain for sure.

de

where i live it does not matter, ca will go dem like it usually does

sometimes not voting gets the person that we want least elected

face it, there will be two people, one of which will win the national election, a dem and a rep, you choose which or if you live in a heavily blue or red state then sit on your hands

all of my life i seem to have had a choice between a crook or a fool, i do not recall voting for a candidate for pres, i usually had to hold my nose and vote for the lessor of two evils

Spoiled children?

I would say these are people who realize that sometimes the person behind the party label is more important that blind partisanship. If a candidate is someone the voter absolutely does not want to win, then they are standing by their opinion by refusing to vote for that candidate. That is principled, not spoiled.

gl

i disagree, otherwise i would not have made this post, if i stood on my principles each election i would not vote for anyone

i usually vote against someone by selecting the lessor of two evils or making a futile protest vote

that is why i do not support any party or candidate...futile - our system of government is broken and neither of the major parties seems interesting in fixing it, i should include the third parties in that assessment although i am open to reasons that may not be true

I don't know your motivation for voting our what your values are .. but I'm not voting for a warmonger, and Hillary Clinton is a warmonger.

"Obliterate Iran" ????

"We must win the war in Iraq" ????

Are you serious?

If Clinton steals the nomination .. which I know won't happen .. I'd be voting for Cynthia McKinney.

You can vote for whomever you choose.

"Children" are those who can't decide for themselves .. only do what they're told.

there's the passion that turns an otherwise normal seeming human being into a moron. Hillary is not a warmongeror. :cool:

Because you get the feeling that she will do anything for power.

A Hillary ,McCain ballot would be voting between two people who are going the same way.

I guess I probably would go vote and vote very uninspiredly for Hillary. At least she wants to go to the same place at a slower rate then McCain.

I thought I could hold my nose and vote for hillary a few months ago, but I am not so sure now. The result of a successful right wing media campaign ? True Hillary ? Not sure yet.

gl

i disagree, otherwise i would not have made this post, if i stood on my principles each election i would not vote for anyone

i usually vote against someone by selecting the lessor of two evils or making a futile protest vote

that is why i do not support any party or candidate...futile - our system of government is broken and neither of the major parties seems interesting in fixing it, i should include the third parties in that assessment although i am open to reasons that may not be true
And if voting for McCain is, in their opinion, the lesser of two evils, does that make them spoiled?

You state they are acting like spoiled children because they threaten to not vote for a democrat (by either voting for McCain, or abstaining.) If it is their honest opinion that McCain is the lesser evil, how is that acting like a spoiled child? Seems to be that you object to crossing party lines. If that is not the case, why is voting for McCain the actions of spoiled children?

And is abstaining from voting any different than posting a futile protest vote? Or are you saying that you, too, act like a spoiled child when you find no candidate worthy of your vote?

Back