Stimulous that was NOT meant to Stimulate?

red states rule

Considering the "stimulus" bill is in reality the "pork-ulous" bill, I am not surprised that it has not helped AND was never intended to help in the short or long term but just a humongous payoff to all of Obama's supporters and contibutors.

Should They Have Called It The 'Stabilization' Act?

Turns out the $787 billion "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" (AARA) was not designed for full economic recovery, but rather to "stabilize" the downturn. That's the word from White House officials today, who held off-camera briefings with reporters on how the AARA is working so far.

"This legislation was designed to cushion the downturn," said White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs. "That's why we have always talked about this as one function of economic recovery."

When pressed about the change in terminology, Gibbs said he was not trying to temper expectations after the fact. "I can probably find 15 or 20 occasions when I said this in the lead up," Gibbs said, explaining that he had always defined the AARA as part of a "multi-legged stool."

Senior Economic Adviser Jared Bernstein said that the economy is improving -- or at least getting "less bad." And he said, that's a good thing.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...hey-have-called-it-the-stabilization-act.html

"Considering the "stimulus" bill is in reality the "pork-ulous" bill"

This is inane.

By its very nature, most of the stimulus spending can easily be called "pork," because it is allocated for local projects or organizations. THAT IS THE IDEA.

"Considering the "stimulus" bill is in reality the "pork-ulous" bill"

This is inane.

By its very nature, most of the stimulus spending can easily be called "pork," because it is allocated for local projects or organizations. THAT IS THE IDEA.

Some of the pork in the stimulus bill. Remember both Obama and Pelosi promised no prok or earmarks would be in the bill

No wonder the White House is making excuses

50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
$380 million in the Senate bill for the Women, Infants and Children program
$300 million for grants to combat violence against women
$2 billion for federal child-care block grants
$6 billion for university building projects
$15 billion for boosting Pell Grant college scholarships
$4 billion for job-training programs, including $1.2 billion for “youths” up to the age of 24
$1 billion for community-development block grants
$4.2 billion for “neighborhood stabilization activities”
$650 million for digital-TV coupons; $90 million to educate “vulnerable populations”
$150 million for the Smithsonian
$34 million to renovate the Department of Commerce headquarters
$500 million for improvement projects for National Institutes of Health facilities
$44 million for repairs to Department of Agriculture headquarters
$350 million for Agriculture Department computers
$88 million to help move the Public Health Service into a new building
$448 million for constructing a new Homeland Security Department headquarters
$600 million to convert the federal auto fleet to hybrids
$450 million for NASA (carve-out for “climate-research missions”)
$600 million for NOAA (carve-out for “climate modeling”)
$1 billion for the Census Bureau
89 billion for Medicaid
$30 billion for COBRA insurance extension
$36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits
$20 billion for food stamps
4.5 billion for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
$850 million for Amtrak
$87 million for a polar icebreaking ship
$1.7 billion for the National Park System
$55 million for Historic Preservation Fund
$7.6 billion for “rural community advancement programs”
$150 million for agricultural-commodity purchases
$150 million for “producers of livestock, honeybees, and farm-raised fish”
$2 billion for renewable-energy research ($400 million for global-warming research)
$2 billion for a “clean coal” power plant in Illinois
$6.2 billion for the Weatherization Assistance Program
$3.5 billion for energy-efficiency and conservation block grants
$3.4 billion for the State Energy Program
$200 million for state and local electric-transport projects
$300 million for energy-efficient-appliance rebate programs
$400 million for hybrid cars for state and local governments
$1 billion for the manufacturing of advanced batteries
$1.5 billion for green-technology loan guarantees
$8 billion for innovative-technology loan-guarantee program
$2.4 billion for carbon-capture demonstration projects
$4.5 billion for electricity grid

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YjcyODIyZGM2MGU1ZDdkNDgxZDc3OTNjYjM4ZDY1ODI=

I love that list.

Are you that stupid?

I can show you jobs for just about every item on that list. Again - THAT WAS THE IDEA.

Incredible.

I love that list.

Are you that stupid?

I can show you jobs for just about every item on that list. Again - THAT WAS THE IDEA.

Incredible.

Well, where are the jobs? Obama is more then 2 million jobs in the hole and unemployment will soon hit double digits

Oh well, I guess that will be also be Bush's fault as well :rolleyes:

Well, where are the jobs? Obama is more then 2 million jobs in the hole and unemployment will soon hit double digits

Oh well, I guess that will be also be Bush's fault as well :rolleyes:

Go to Recovery.org. They have lists of some of the jobs that have been created already. But again, it is a 2-year plan; most of the money hasn't even been allocated yet.

I'm not surprised you would try to change the subject, since this thread must be very embarassing for you now. Too bad you can't delete these things...

Go to Recovery.org. They have lists of some of the jobs that have been created already. But again, it is a 2-year plan; most of the money hasn't even been allocated yet.

I'm not surprised you would try to change the subject, since this thread must be very embarassing for you now. Too bad you can't delete these things...

Obama is once again moving the goalposts

As clearly stated here by the President earlier in the year..NOTICE the "Almost Immediate" Thingy??

snip

When it came to the stimulus package, the president and his administration promised, in the words of National Economic Director Larry Summers, "You'll see the effects begin almost immediately." Now it's clear that those promised jobs and growth haven't materialized.

So Mr. Obama is attempting to lower expectations retroactively, saying in an op-ed in Sunday's Washington Post that his stimulus "was, from the start, a two-year program." That is misleading. Mr. Obama never said if his stimulus were passed things might still get significantly worse in the following year.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124770231103148561.html

Why of course there are libs that believe this crap with a straight face or at least they hide out a heck of a lot when the subject comes up And of course the stimulus bill wasn't meant to waste American taxpayers money, just to put it into Bam Bams supporters and contributors pockets.

Nah - this was always a 2-year plan.

And Summers was right - there WERE some immediate effects, but they never said the economy was going to turn on a dime.

New jobs have been created, 7 out of 10 economic indicators are up, and the Dow just went over 9,000. Actually, things have kind of exceeded the expectations I had originally...

The applications for stimulus money are pretty detailed and involved. Personally, I think that is a good idea, since it cuts down on bogus applications and worthless projects.

But it does delay the money.

Here we go, red states. This is from November of 2008; I don't really see the "moving goalposts":

"We’ll be working out the details in the weeks ahead,” Mr. Obama said, “but it will be a two-year, nationwide effort to jumpstart job creation in America and lay the foundation for a strong and growing economy...."

“There are no quick or easy fixes to this crisis, which has been many years in the making,” Mr. Obama said Saturday. “And it’s likely to get worse before it gets better."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/us/politics/23obama.html

Here we go, red states. This is from November of 2008; I don't really see the "moving goalposts":

"We’ll be working out the details in the weeks ahead,” Mr. Obama said, “but it will be a two-year, nationwide effort to jumpstart job creation in America and lay the foundation for a strong and growing economy...."

“There are no quick or easy fixes to this crisis, which has been many years in the making,” Mr. Obama said Saturday. “And it’s likely to get worse before it gets better."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/us/politics/23obama.html

Obama says one thing - his people say another, so that way they are covered

Well I hope that you like your tatoo but if you don't, not to worry! There is money in the "stimulus" package to have it removed!

Here are a few examples of the "stimulus" money being spent

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjjx90R3gN0"]YouTube - Part 3 - Shawn Hannity Shows The Waste 101 Stimulus Countdown[/ame]

Obama says one thing - his people say another, so that way they are covered

Well I hope that you like your tatoo but if you don't, not to worry! There is money in the "stimulus" package to have it removed!

So, perhaps that would create a job for a tattoo remover.

You don't seem to be able to make these connections, which is why you see "pork" when you post that list, and I see "jobs."

And a bad attempt at a recovery; those words from Obama in late 2008 must have hurt, because they really undermined your case that he promised a full recovery by spring if the stimulus passed....

So, perhaps that would create a job for a tattoo remover.

You don't seem to be able to make these connections, which is why you see "pork" when you post that list, and I see "jobs."

And a bad attempt at a recovery; those words from Obama in late 2008 must have hurt, because they really undermined your case that he promised a full recovery by spring if the stimulus passed....

Yep that will "stimulute" the economy. Did you watch the video, or are you ignoring it

So mmany examples of waste, yet Obama supporters say the stimulus is great

Here are more examples of the job creators in the stimulus bill

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GbuOaaTP08"]YouTube - Part 4 - Shawn Hannity Shows The Waste 101 Stimulus Countdown[/ame]

Connie cons are funny. First, they're screaming because Obama isn't spending the stimulus fast enough, and rushing it out there. Then, when he speeds it up, they scream about the waste.

It's not surprising at all that there is waste in a bill like this; that's a given. In order for them to eliminate waste, they would have to set up mechanisms which would delay payments for years.

The idea is to reduce waste as much as possible, while getting the money out there in a timely fashion. It's a balancing act, but there will still be waste, which we can always count on Hannity to focus upon...

Connie cons are funny. First, they're screaming because Obama isn't spending the stimulus fast enough, and rushing it out there. Then, when he speeds it up, they scream about the waste.

It's not surprising at all that there is waste in a bill like this; that's a given. In order for them to eliminate waste, they would have to set up mechanisms which would delay payments for years.

The idea is to reduce waste as much as possible, while getting the money out there in a timely fashion. It's a balancing act, but there will still be waste, which we can always count on Hannity to focus upon...

We are talking about the waste. Like money to remodle a bridge the town is going to tear down anyway - or honey bee ins

Yea, real job creators there

It is obvious you are not interested in how the money is being spent - since Obama and the Dems are spending it

We are talking about the waste. Like money to remodle a bridge the town is going to tear down anyway - or honey bee ins

Yea, real job creators there

It is obvious you are not interested in how the money is being spent - since Obama and the Dems are spending it

Nah; I am interested in how it is spent. By & large, it is being spent on meaningful projects that cover the long-term, but I know that they also put stuff in there to just create temporary jobs for relief purposes.

I have a much better understanding of the stimulus than you do.

Nah; I am interested in how it is spent. By & large, it is being spent on meaningful projects that cover the long-term, but I know that they also put stuff in there to just create temporary jobs for relief purposes.

I have a much better understanding of the stimulus than you do.

Only the hopelessly partisan actually believe anything said by the Obama administration at this point in time.

Biden said the stimulus package wasn't meant to JOLT the economy. Obama and Biden both said it would jolt the economy.

They are excellent at spin, but a lot of the country is starting to see that it is spin

Only the hopelessly partisan actually believe anything said by the Obama administration at this point in time.

Biden said the stimulus package wasn't meant to JOLT the economy. Obama and Biden both said it would jolt the economy.

They are excellent at spin, but a lot of the country is starting to see that it is spin

And if there's one thing you can't abide it's a partisan. Isn't that right?

Back