Super Tuesday Predictions?

I have a theory about MOST people who are not into pro sports. You weren't an athelete as a kid. I played Football through HS. I loved the game but I was not big enough to play even in college. At 18 I was 5'11" and 184 pounds. Can't play too many positions in football at that height and weight and I never had the speed for positions you could play. So I became a fan. I think that guys that competed a bunch as kids live vicariously through pro sports. We remember the thrill of the competition and I know that I would have kept playing if I could, but I would have had to walk on and probably would have never started even at a non-football school like NMSU. Those who were not atheletes in school just don't "feel" pro sports.

I predict I'm voting for Obama. unfortunately I'm starting to come around to the fact that Hillary may be the nonimee, along with McCain.

I predict I'm voting for Obama. unfortunately I'm starting to come around to the fact that Hillary may be the nonimee, along with McCain.

I won't be ready to concede that until I see what happens tomorrow. It's too unbearable a thought.

I still think Obama has a good chance; he definitely has momentum....

I have a theory about MOST people who are not into pro sports. You weren't an athelete as a kid. I played Football through HS. I loved the game but I was not big enough to play even in college. At 18 I was 5'11" and 184 pounds. Can't play too many positions in football at that height and weight and I never had the speed for positions you could play. So I became a fan. I think that guys that competed a bunch as kids live vicariously through pro sports. We remember the thrill of the competition and I know that I would have kept playing if I could, but I would have had to walk on and probably would have never started even at a non-football school like NMSU. Those who were not atheletes in school just don't "feel" pro sports.

I am not a pro-sports fan, yet I was an athlete as a kid. I lettered four years in a row on the Track Team, I ran Cross Conutry and was on the rowing team.

That's a good analogy Socrtease. I've run into very few people in the business world who don't follow sports at all. Not everyone is a die hard fan of course but most have basic knowledge of what's happening in the sports world and its such an easy way to strike up a conversation with someone you've just met.

Are you a sports fan at all?

I'm a fan, and love football in particular. I use the term "hate" loosely; I don't really "hate" guys like Romo & Brady, or any of the other players. It's more in good fun....

Nope, I am not a pro sports fan at all. I always like to play sports but do not like to watch them.

I will watch a bit of college basketball from time to time and that is about it.

Heck I live in redneckville and do not even like NASCAR :shock:

Clearly, both Obama & Hillary will win some states, and both will likely have enough to "spin" a victory.

However, I think Obama steals California, gets CT & makes a run at NJ. If he gets those 3 along with the ones he's "supposed" to win, it will be tough for Hillary to spin it....

Romney and Obama!

However, I predict it going in more of a McCain Hillary direction, to be honest. That's just where the money's at. But I hope the campaign goes Romney Obama.

I predict that computers will cease to function as we know it, satellites will fall from the sky, our modern way of life will fall apart, and those few lucky souls who maintained their Y2K shelters will repopulate the earth.

I predict that computers will cease to function as we know it, satellites will fall from the sky, our modern way of life will fall apart, and those few lucky souls who maintained their Y2K shelters will repopulate the earth.

It's my only chance of having sex ever.

I'll invite a hot girl over, and leave the rest of my family locked out of the Y2K shelter. I'll be the only man in hundreds of miles. Mississippians are too poor and stupid to build shelters.

Mississippians are too poor and stupid to build shelters.

Really now? I had your state pegged high in Y2K/Rapture/End Times preparedness. I had just naturally assumed every Mississippian was issued a fallout shelter, gas mask, and Bible at birth.

LMAO@soco

You were just not driven enough...I played football thru HS and College even on the Army regional team...was just 5'7" 150lbs at best weight...not big enough in college to play offense ,but I could take the offense out playing deepback/corner defense! However I must admitt I was way too small to even think about pro...those dudes are big,bad and onery to say the least!

However for your comment about speed...I did run the 100 yd in 10.5...so I could catch most offense and did a mean run back on kick-offs/punts!

Last edited:
how can I hate someone for hating me for being right ?

I was talking about sports. Try following a conversation. Remember, in sports, might makes right.

I totally agree with Soc on sports. Every time I go to watch the Mariners play, I remember playing baseball myself. The feeling of being out there on a baseball diamond at Hamlin Park or any other field was always grand and majestic. That is why baseball is always called "a way of life" by adherents - the same must be true of adherents to other sports. I still remember exactly how it felt at the moment I made contact with my first home run (that's why pro's always know when they've hit it out, unless the play is close or they get robbed by a skilled outfielder).

Back