Support the troops!

Bill O'Reilly was pretty funny (tragically so) on this topic. In railing against Edwards, he said something to the effect of "we have put it out there on this show a few times for homeless veterans to get in touch with us, and we haven't gotten 1 call."

Think about that.

It’s the kind of thing that you would crack up laughing about if it weren’t so freaking pathetic.

It is a sin to lie!

It’s so interesting that you made this post, because I just returned from lunch, and I went to the bank and in the parking lot was a guy in fatigues holding a sign “Vietnam Vet will work for food”. And he was missing an eye, and there was something wrong with his feet when he tried to walk. Honestly it could make you cry. Anyway, it started me thinking, what does “Support the troops” mean to Americans? I wish that I knew.

And something interesting that I noticed is that women were stopping their cars to give him money, not men. I don’t know why that is.

Of course, I didn’t. I acted like a typical commie anti-American terrorist supporting codepinker. I threw a f’ing beer bottle at him and screamed “Baby Killer” out my window.

What a fraud!

I don’t know, I thought they could get a monthly check too if they are disabled. I thought that maybe he wasn’t actually wounded in Vietnam. I think that if he is there again next week, I might ask him about that. He did not seem mental or dangerous or anything. I mean, he was no BB. It would probably be safe to ask him a couple of questions. Sometimes guys like that appreciate being asked a question, because even people who give them money don’t want to actually talk to them.

at least you got that one right!

Some homeless vets are for real and some are not. What Bill O'Reilly was saying to Edwards, is that Homeless Vets do have assistance available. On that point, Bill is right.

But Bill does miss the point that many of those Vets with mental and physical illnesses do not trust Federal Agencies to assist them.

As far as the Homeless in general, are Vets probably make up only a small percentage of America's homeless. I am sure all the homeless deserve our help. It isn't an easy task. It takes dedication from Government Services, Private Organizations, Citizens, and some level of desire to be helped into treatment and healing by the homeless individuals. It is a worthy cause.

Some homeless vets are for real and some are not. What Bill O'Reilly was saying to Edwards, is that Homeless Vets do have assistance available. On that point, Bill is right.

But Bill does miss the point that many of those Vets with mental and physical illnesses do not trust Federal Agencies to assist them.

As far as the Homeless in general, are Vets probably make up only a small percentage of America's homeless. I am sure all the homeless deserve our help. It isn't an easy task. It takes dedication from Government Services, Private Organizations, Citizens, and some level of desire to be helped into treatment and healing by the homeless individuals. It is a worthy cause.

:clink: good post.

Well Said

Back