Surviving May 2nd: Even Reds Get The Blues

meme

:shock:

By Comrade Krotchsky
5/2/2008, 6:43 pm

DETROIT, MICHIGAN - Post-May Day depression is a growing malady that affects many progressives and pro-Communists each year, usually beginning late in the afternoon on May 1 and continuing until the morning of the next May Day. For some, it is a result of too much sign-making and short-range marching with very few people giving a crap. Many left-wing agitators in the United States and other free nations have mild symptoms, but others are subjected to an almost paralyzing agony.

This article shows how dejected collectivists around the world can combat May Day depression by just taking a few simple precautions.

Realize that May Day is just a temporary, one-day celebration. Your planned pseudo-Russian Revolution will have to wait. You need to be prepared for the reality that, no matter how strongly you believe in the ComIntern, there are very few others on board with you. Get some rest and don't take your perennial rejection too seriously.

Prepare yourself for the nasty looks and harsh words of working relatives and friends that you only see around your birthday. Let little jabs and sarcastic comments about your Communist proclivities go. Arguing or getting upset and making drunken or careless remarks at family gatherings won't solve anything. Save any major discussions about the failure of capitalism for your kook-bar friends and other fellow travelers.

Create a placard budget. Financial woes are a major cause of May Day depression and anxiety, especially since you, like most left-wing agitators, are probably unemployed and depending on the good graces of your family and friends to have a place to sleep and provide you with food. By disciplining yourself and guarding what little money you can bum off folks at Barnes & Noble, you'll prevent depression and still have a sign or two you can use for your agit-prop marches of futility.

read the rest..:cof1:
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=1911

How many days annual leave do you get? I get six weeks a year. And I have long service leave. Oh and did I mention sick leave? Keep working for your rulers, they appreciate you :clink:

I can't help thinking that posting advice on "Surviving May 2nd" would probably be better done before, rather than after, the date itself.

Anyway, do people still do that workers of the world unite stuff on May Day? We tend to celebrate May Day on the first Monday in May, as our Communist European government gives us all a day off, allowing us to drink ourselves into oblivion from Midday.

We're a bit more into Labor Day. 8 hours toil and all that. Victoria, next state over from mine (bastards) had the first 8 hour day in the world. We did have a better May Day this year, but then our state government is trying to shaft us over workers compensation (bourgeois Labor government at the behest of the big end of town thing) so it was a bit better attended, more babies in pushers than usual. Things are looking up.

Do you still do that Maypole thing in the UK? I used to hate that when I was a kid. Poncing around with ribbons and stuff. Did Blair ban it?

I think there are still some maypoles around, although they tend to be more common down South.

Our town has a carnival allowing the local kids and that the chance to be driven through town dressed up as pigs and bananas, accompanied by some pipe bands, majorettes and a steady procession of vintage steam engines and tractors. Oh and Morris Dancing. Lots of Morris dancing.

Of course, as soon as the wives and children are safely gazing upon some farm machinery the blokes make their break for the welcoming bosom of one of the many burgeoning public houses. Magic.

I always liked Morris Dancing as a kid, it was vaguely pagan which is probably why I liked it.

Ah the farm machinery days sounds like our field days here. But alas the pub is usually set away from the actual paddocks used by the field days (which is why big marquees with beer machines are a bloody good idea).

In the US, we ask...

What the HECK is a Maypole?

This is a maypole.

maypole.jpg

How many days annual leave do you get? I get six weeks a year. And I have long service leave. Oh and did I mention sick leave? Keep working for your rulers, they appreciate you :clink:

Naturally if time off from work were anything important the market would take care of it. It's not like there'd be an immediate race to the bottom in companies to squash it out of existence because they'd really have no other choice in an eniviroment that doesn't mandate it. That logic is ridiculous.

It looks all ghey... Whatsup with that?

I'll have you know that Oliver Cromwell, the Puritan tyrant, had maypoles banned due to their paganistic and phallic baggage. This probably explains why the religious nutters, who founded America, failed to embrace the concept of the Maypole.

In that historical light imagine the maypole as a big old penis, with children dancing around it, and it appears so innocent in the eyes of all but the most cynical of people.

Yeah maypoles competed with Easter. The Easter Bunny is next. They already changed his name.
Then those the colored chicken embryos, heck they are about all plastic now anyway.

Naturally if time off from work were anything important the market would take care of it. It's not like there'd be an immediate race to the bottom in companies to squash it out of existence because they'd really have no other choice in an eniviroment that doesn't mandate it. That logic is ridiculous.

They only give you time off because they're forced to. They don't like you taking any time off at all. Of course they'd prefer it if they didn't have to pay you either.

I'll have you know that Oliver Cromwell, the Puritan tyrant, had maypoles banned due to their paganistic and phallic baggage. This probably explains why the religious nutters, who founded America, failed to embrace the concept of the Maypole.

In that historical light imagine the maypole as a big old penis, with children dancing around it, and it appears so innocent in the eyes of all but the most cynical of people.

Pity they didn't send all the religious nutters there, they kept on breeding though.

Yeah maypoles competed with Easter. The Easter Bunny is next. They already changed his name.
Then those the colored chicken embryos, heck they are about all plastic now anyway.

For a number of years we've had our own form of nativist nutters who have been trying to get rid of the Easter Bunny to replace it with a native animal called the bilby.

http://www.easterbilby.com.au/

Aside from the moronic nativism the other thing that shits me no end is that the Easter Bunny is a fertility symbol, rabbits fuck like bunnies right? But the bilby is endangered, almost extinct but thankfully on the way back. Hello? A nearly extinct animal replaces a fertility symbol?

Sometimes we are really stupid in this country.

Because it doesn't make sense. I could ask if you'd like to replace the Thanksgiving Turkey with the smallpox-impregnated blanket, it would make as much sense.
This is a falsity that Ward Churchill repeated. The small pox infected blankets are a myth projected on a government that did bad enough things to Native Americans that they don't need to be made up as well. It is a strong enough argument to list things that actually happened.

Back