"Team Thompson" Regretting their Endorsement of Grandpa Fred

Cypress

Yeah, Grandpa is lazy.

The odd thing is, I warned wingnutters months and months ago that Grandpa was a lazy ass - but wingnutters never listen to me :mad:

Fred Thompson was supposed to bail out the listless GOP presidential field. Somehow, that hasn't necessarily been the case.

Several House Republicans who endorsed Fred Thompson for president now say that they are frustrated with what they view as an apathetic campaign, and at least one regrets having committed to the former Tennessee senator.

“I think he’s kind of done a belly flop,” said an estranged Thompson backer who indicated he will not pull his public support before the “Super Tuesday” primaries. “We’ll just wait till after Feb. 5 because I think he’s going to get beat.”

The disaffected members of team Thompson say he has failed to put to rest whispers that he is unwilling to campaign hard enough to win the presidency.

“He seems to be perpetuating it instead of defeating it,” another dissatisfied Thompson backer said. “I can’t see me bailing on him, but there’s some frustration.”

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=cqmidday-000002631203

LOL

I remember when he was the Messiah, only a very short time ago. Though I thought he would do better myself.

HaHa

Wasn't he deemed to be the next ronald reagan? And didn't chris mathews think he looked and smelled, simply marvelous?

Yeah I think we can all agree that the whole notion of Thompson soaring into the race and uniting Republicans has become rather silly at this point.

Has he even bothered to campaign? It seems like this whore "running for president" thing is pesky to him. I wonder what his real motivation is. Maybe he's simply an attention whore.

Has he even bothered to campaign? It seems like this whore "running for president" thing is pesky to him. I wonder what his real motivation is. Maybe he's simply an attention whore.

Well you've clearly got whore on the mind there, Beefy.

I don't think it requires complex evaluation. I'm going with the simple, common sense answer.

The dude is lazy, unmotivated, and completely underwhelming. Which is what I said 8 months ago, in the face of a massive con media barrage that Thompson was the Reaganesque savior of the GOP.

:cof1:

Oh geez, we all officially know too much about each other!

Sorry 'bout that. There was a woman running around at the campsite at Malaekahana yesterday topless, and I've had the female form on my mind since. She seemed like a really, really nice lady.

I don't think it requires complex evaluation. I'm going with the simple, common sense answer.

The dude is lazy, unmotivated, and completely underwhelming. Which is what I said 8 months ago, in the face of a massive con media barrage that Thompson was the Reaganesque savior of the GOP.

Methinks you recall that with a jaundiced eye, I recall a small buzz, but nothing akin to a massive media barrage.

I know what he's talking about Beefy. There was a great deal of conspiratorial whispering in conservative circles that the Reaganesque "Coming of Thompson" into the GOP field would challenge the certainty of a Democratic president in 2008.

Sorry 'bout that. There was a woman running around at the campsite at Malaekahana yesterday topless, and I've had the female form on my mind since. She seemed like a really, really nice lady.

Methinks you recall that with a jaundiced eye, I recall a small buzz, but nothing akin to a massive media barrage.

well, i'm not going to nitpick about whether it was a small buzz, or a significant buzz. All I can remember is that Chris Mathews and Fox News couldn't shut the f*ck up about thompson for a few months

I would challenge that there is a certainty--- the entire political field sucks this election.

It's still just a tad early to be saying this, but I will go ahead and offer to bet you money that a Democrat will will the Presidency in 2008. At present it looks set to be Hillary Clinton if things continue unchanged. But I stress that it is still comparably early.

It's still just a tad early to be saying this, but I will go ahead and offer to bet you money that a Democrat will will the Presidency in 2008. At present it looks set to be Hillary Clinton if things continue unchanged. But I stress that it is still comparably early.

I will bet you 20 bucks CASH MONEY (serious bet, now) that if Guiliani gets the nomination against Hilary or Obama, he will win. If anyone other than Guiliani gets it, the Democrats will win, and if Edwards gets it, he will win.

I will bet you 20 bucks CASH MONEY (serious bet, now) that if Guiliani gets the nomination against Hilary or Obama, he will win. If anyone other than Guiliani gets it, the Democrats will win, and if Edwards gets it, he will win.

I'll take that bet. But Guiliani isn't getting the nomination. And I do pay my bills.

well, i'm not going to nitpick about whether it was a small buzz, or a significant buzz. All I can remember is that Chris Mathews and Fox News couldn't shut the f*ck up about thompson for a few months

Well, it certainly was not a media "barrage" as you claimed, that's my point.

I'll take that bet. But Guiliani isn't getting the nomination. And I do pay my bills.

Haha. No one but Guiliani CAN get the nomination, unless the Republicans are that stupid (and if they are, then the Democrats deserve the presidency).

Mitt Romney (I would guess Guiliani's closest competition) listed Battlefield Earth as his favourite book, not to mention the Mormonism-- -he is a nut.

Sorry, though, the bet is only with Warren-- we know each other in RL.

My personal opinion is that a Clinton-Guliani general election would end in a Clinton victory.

If Guliani is the Republican nominee and if Hillary is the Democratic nominee, consider the bet accepted.

Last edited:
Back