"Team Thompson" Regretting their Endorsement of Grandpa Fred

Haha. No one but Guiliani CAN get the nomination, unless the Republicans are that stupid (and if they are, then the Democrats deserve the presidency).

Mitt Romney (I would guess Guiliani's closest competition) listed Battlefield Earth as his favourite book, not to mention the Mormonism-- -he is a nut.

Sorry, though, the bet is only with Warren-- we know each other in RL.
Whoa, the internets aren't real life?

Come on, I'll take the bet. It's only $20. And I've lost bets to other members of this board and sent them cash money. I'd like to at least have someone to root for in the election.

Whoa, the internets aren't real life?

Come on, I'll take the bet. It's only $20. And I've lost bets to other members of this board and sent them cash money. I'd like to at least have someone to root for in the election.

But I have to mail it if I take it up with you....I'm lazy. I can drive over to AL and hand it to Warren.

Well, it certainly was not a media "barrage" as you claimed, that's my point.

Well, since we've wandered into the realm of nitpicking, I did specifically say it was a con media barrage. Meaning the conservative media was abuzz with passion for Grandpa. Fox, NewsMax, Limbaugh. Take your pick.

:pke: :)

And yes James it's on.

$20 to you if Guliani defeats Clinton in the General Election.

$20 to me if Clinton defeats Guliani in the General Election.

Dealbreakers (Grounds for Calloff):

Guliani does not win Republican nomination.
Hillary does not win Democratic nomination.
Any unforseen independent or third party candidate garners more than 3% of the vote, rendering both of our predictions obselete.

And yes James it's on.

$20 to you if Guliani defeats Clinton in the General Election.

$20 to me if Clinton defeats Guliani in the General Election.

Dealbreakers (Grounds for Calloff):

Guliani does not win Republican nomination.
Hillary does not win Democratic nomination.
Any unforseen independent or third party candidate garners more than 3% of the vote, rendering both of our predictions obselete.

Deal.

Is it you I have a bet with?

Yeah. You think a Republican will win the White House, and if one does I owe you $150 (I think). And if a Democrat gets it, you owe me $50, I think. We'll have to look it up when the time comes.

PM
Beefy
Bruddah Iz
JPP Staff Join Date: Jul 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak
Beefy.... if they put up Hillary...and they will put up Hillary.... the Reps have a good chance. McCain can beat her, so can Rudy, a couple others like Romney/Hagel would be close.

IF the Dems put up someone like Clark... the race is over before it starts. But they won't do that. It is Hillary's nomoination.

If the election were today, I would agree with you, the Reps wouldn't stand a chance. But the election is going to be after two years of non-stop campaigning by Hillary... which will be her downfall. It will also be after almost two years of a Dem led Congress. People will be reminded that they are indeed just as inept as the Republicans. Making that factor a non-issue.

McCain wins.

You've gone completely insane. Only GOD can save you now.

Whomever wins the Dem nomination is our next president.

I'll give you 3 to 1 odds. No matter who the (R)etards put up, the (D)umbasses win.

3-1. That's a pretty good line, and unlike Dixie, I pay when I lose. Just ask Rob.

http://justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3106&highlight=beefy+bet&page=2

Back