Teapublican Party is NOT like 1950's GOP

And you are quoting Will Rogers... LOL!

Here I will quote my father inlaw.

Father inlaw makes statement: I vote democrat because my family has always been democrats and we wont change parties or vote anything else.

Mr. T replies: Well you just said that they were a bunch of commies and crooks and you still voted for them?

Father inlaw replies: ggrfff!

Mr. T replies: Whatever

WOW, you really are a pea brain...

Will Rogers made 71 movies (50 silent films and 21 "talkies"), wrote more than 4,000 nationally-syndicated newspaper columns, and became a world-famous figure. By the mid-1930s, Rogers was adored by the American people. He was the leading political wit of the Progressive Era, and was the top-paid Hollywood movie star at the time. wiki

NOW, provide father inlaw's

And thats exactly the problem with pinheads....they get their so called "facts" from comedians....then and now...

The Republican Party Platform?

You missed a couple of points...that prove nothing has changed....the GOP is same party today as they were in 1956 for the most part....

The Republican Party takes pride in calling attention to the outstanding fiscal achievements of the Eisenhower Administration, several of which are mentioned in the foreword to these resolutions.

In order to progress further in correcting the unfortunate results of unwise financial management during 20 years of Democrat Administrations, we pledge to pursue the following objectives:

Further reductions in Government spending as recommended in the Hoover Commission Report, without weakening the support of a superior defense program or depreciating the quality of essential services of government to our people.

Continued balancing of the budget, to assure the financial strength of the country which is so vital to the struggle of the free world in its battle against Communism; and to maintain the purchasing power of a sound dollar, and the value of savings, pensions and insurance.

Gradual reduction of the national debt.

Then, insofar as consistent with a balanced budget, we pledge to work toward these additional objectives:

Further reductions in taxes with particular consideration for low and middle income families.

Initiation of a sound policy of tax reductions which will encourage small independent businesses to modernize and progress.

Continual study of additional ways to correct inequities in the effect of various taxes.

It doesn't surprise me that you right wing zealots IGNORE the majority of the text and only glean what you believe. And of course you totally IGNORE the obvious and gross differences. There is ZERO moderation ability in the right wing mind.

But, even those slivers you were able to glean contain key beliefs that set the old GOP apart from today's radical GOP. I will highlight some key words for you, even in the words you cherry picked.

Hilarious. Obama offered 4 trillion in cuts and the Teatards said "no". Now they're crying the cuts ain't enough.

Hilarious. Obama offered 4 trillion in cuts and the Teatards said "no". Now they're crying the cuts ain't enough.

I view the Teaparty as borderline treasonous. Their objective isn't to govern affectively. Their objective is to undermine our government. The same holds true with the whole group of Grover Norquist ass kissing fanatics.

WOW, you really are a pea brain...

Will Rogers made 71 movies (50 silent films and 21 "talkies"), wrote more than 4,000 nationally-syndicated newspaper columns, and became a world-famous figure. By the mid-1930s, Rogers was adored by the American people. He was the leading political wit of the Progressive Era, and was the top-paid Hollywood movie star at the time. wiki

NOW, provide father inlaw's
My favorite quote by Will Rogers is "I belong to no organized political party. I'm a Democrat!"

Most common sense???

Republicans have the most common sense.
boner-stooges-2.jpg

Grover Norquist and the Kochs created the Astroturfed Teabagger "movement".

It doesn't surprise me that you right wing zealots IGNORE the majority of the text and only glean what you believe. And of course you totally IGNORE the obvious and gross differences. There is ZERO moderation ability in the right wing mind.

But, even those slivers you were able to glean contain key beliefs that set the old GOP apart from today's radical GOP. I will highlight some key words for you, even in the words you cherry picked.
Bfgrn
Further reductions in Government spending as recommended in the Hoover Commission Report, without weakening the support of a superior defense program or depreciating the quality of essential services of government to our people.

If it was up to Republicans, there would usually be NO cuts in defense....and its the R's that have kept SS from going broke starting with Reagans changes...

Continued balancing of the budget, to assure the financial strength of the country which is so vital to the struggle of the free world in its battle against Communism; and to maintain the purchasing power of a sound dollar, and the value of savings, pensions and insurance.

Gradual reduction of the national debt.
Thats was then, this is now....the principle is exactly the same....the exact opposite of the Democrat wanting to spend even more and more in the face of bankruptcy...though there is no denying that R's have made their share of contributions to the debt.

Then, insofar as consistent with a balanced budget, we pledge to work toward these additional objectives:

Further reductions in taxes with particular consideration for low and middle income families.

When the republicans cut taxes, they cut them for EVERYONE ...not just some special group of citizens....thats "equal treatment under the law" as the constitution demands....

so read above.....

Grover Norquist and the Tea Party Leaders are EXACTLY like our Nation's founders. They are committed Christians, for one thing.

Liberals are like the Marxist founders of the Russia.

Grover Norquist and the Tea Party Leaders are EXACTLY like our Nation's founders. They are committed Christians, for one thing.

Liberals are like the Marxist founders of the Russia.

And exactly what is the up side of them being "committed Christians"?

And do I really need to educate you on the religious beliefs of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, or many of the other Founding Fathers? Most were deists.

Washington was Episcopal.

Washington's wife was, but he went because she wanted him to and because it was expected. He never took communion. He refused to allow a clergyman to visit him on his deathbed. And his writings to friends and colleagues was not flattering towards any church.

Back