Temporary Moderators

Granted, there are a few people here who could be decent mods. But which ones? And when you select 2 you'll have half a dozen threads whining about favoritism in that too. Plus if the temp mod does something, there will be finger pointing that it is personal. Then it becomes a big ordeal that the temp mod was biased, that the mods are biased for allowing it, and that Damo is either not in control or that he runs a forum to cater to that specific crowd.

That's why the elections would be monthly and the elected would play a backseat role current staff. Plus, if nobody's denied a vote, there's less room for bias than if mods are appointed by Damo.

it's not going to happen.

Benito-Mussolini-007.jpg

:whome:

That's why the elections would be monthly and the elected would play a backseat role current staff. Plus, if nobody's denied a vote, there's less room for bias than if mods are appointed by Damo.

damo is our benign lord. he giveth and he taketh when his benign wisdom alloweth.

Stupid idea. The existing mods just need to do their jobs

The mods do their jobs quite well.

you can't ignore mods and you can't thread ban them...i think that is his point

You can thread ban them, but why? They didn't get to be mods by whining all the time.

thank you for the idea and your concern for the board. However, in addition to what I think is a rather unwieldily idea, vile content isn't against the rules here, so moderation of it isn't really necessary. Instead people should be encouraged to use the ignore feature and the threadban feature for purging from their eyes offending content.

See? Insightful moderation at work! I am now prepared to go out and heal the blind.

Oh look!
Shy guy wants to realise his dreams and become a moderator on an Internet chat room!

damo is our benign lord. he giveth and he taketh when his benign wisdom alloweth.

Oh look, the titmouse dropped a pantload when I pointed out his constant whining about moderators and their decisions was against the rules. I don't think ass kissing is going to help, but I will enjoy watching.

Oh look, the titmouse dropped a pantload when I pointed out his constant whining about moderators and their decisions was against the rules. I don't think ass kissing is going to help, but I will enjoy watching.

seriously? cite the posts where i whine about moderators snarla. and the fact you took my post serious, says MUCH about you.

your trollery here is well noted.

Back