Texas A&M or Notre Dame?

Unfortunately (for OSU), he was not correct. Alabama's defense did a pretty good job. And the offense was a steamroller!
He was not....that's one amazing team for sure, and when you get outplayed you don't win....So hats off to them....
I'm still very proud to be a Buckeye for life...and very, very proud of the team.......Such an odd year....from not playing at all to some great wins, the Conference Championship, the Clemson win, and earning the spot in the NC...Most people wish their team had done so well:) Go BUCKS!!!

He was not....that's one amazing team for sure, and when you get outplayed you don't win....So hats off to them....
I'm still very proud to be a Buckeye for life...and very, very proud of the team.......Such an odd year....from not playing at all to some great wins, the Conference Championship, the Clemson win, and earning the spot in the NC...Most people wish their team had done so well:) Go BUCKS!!!

No doubt! Ohio State had a great season. To be in the final game is impressive as hell.

This Alabama team was transcendent. It started with the O-line. Mac Jones had the protection he needed. Najee Harris had the holes to hit. Smith had time to beat the coverage. The skill players were top level. But the line anchored it all.

No doubt! Ohio State had a great season. To be in the final game is impressive as hell.

This Alabama team was transcendent. It started with the O-line. Mac Jones had the protection he needed. Najee Harris had the holes to hit. Smith had time to beat the coverage. The skill players were top level. But the line anchored it all.
I just watch...lol...but I'm going to bet your analysis is correct....;)

I just watch...lol...but I'm going to bet your analysis is correct....;)

And a lot of what lined up to create the magic that was the offense comes back to Saban's ability to recruit.

Devonta Smith may be the best receiver to play college football. But in September he wasn't even the best receiver on the team. That was Jalen Waddle.
Mac Jones was a backup to both Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagoviola. And for the entire off season Bryce Young was expected to be the starting QB. He was one of the most recruited QBs coming out of high school.

And one more thing, in case those people who are not Bama fans missed it. Landon Dickerson, winner of the Rimington Award for best center and a 2 year starter, tore his ACL in the SEC Championship. Saban had him dress out for the game and told him it was ceremonial. But at the end of the game, when the team was in the victory formation, Saban sent him in for the 2 final snaps. There wasn't a dry eye among Bama fans. Things like that are why the players never quit fighting for their coach.

And a lot of what lined up to create the magic that was the offense comes back to Saban's ability to recruit.

Devonta Smith may be the best receiver to play college football. But in September he wasn't even the best receiver on the team. That was Jalen Waddle.
Mac Jones was a backup to both Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagoviola. And for the entire off season Bryce Young was expected to be the starting QB. He was one of the most recruited QBs coming out of high school.

And one more thing, in case those people who are not Bama fans missed it. Landon Dickerson, winner of the Rimington Award for best center and a 2 year starter, tore his ACL in the SEC Championship. Saban had him dress out for the game and told him it was ceremonial. But at the end of the game, when the team was in the victory formation, Saban sent him in for the 2 final snaps. There wasn't a dry eye among Bama fans. Things like that are why the players never quit fighting for their coach.
Great story...I did not know....I appreciate, applaud, and understand a great team...and a loyal fan...;)

Spend more and make more. It works in most businesses.

But it wasn’t suppose to be a business, remember, amateur athletics, college athlete and all, today, with the top half dozen programs it is semi-pro football, not that there is anything wrong about that, but the hypocrisy exists in pretending and presenting it is a real college sport

But it wasn’t suppose to be a business, remember, amateur athletics, college athlete and all, today, with the top half dozen programs it is semi-pro football, not that there is anything wrong about that, but the hypocrisy exists in pretending and presenting it is a real college sport

It is still amateur athletics. The players can't even do work study to make a few dollars. The NCAA is brutally strict on any benefits beyond scholarships.

And Coach Saban is adamant about his player graduating. Mac Jones got his undergrad degree with a 4.0 GPA. He earned his Masters in 2020.

It IS a real college sport.

It is still amateur athletics. The players can't even do work study to make a few dollars. The NCAA is brutally strict on any benefits beyond scholarships.

And Coach Saban is adamant about his player graduating. Mac Jones got his undergrad degree with a 4.0 GPA. He earned his Masters in 2020.

It IS a real college sport.

You really can’t be that naive

You actually think Alabama players are held to the same academic requirements as say Vanderbilt players? And the NCAA is a joke, has been for some time now, again, money reigns there, they’ll quickly punish a Southeastern Louisiana U than a North Carolina as their history has shown

Real college sports, actual amateur athletics, doesn’t require million dollar coaches, million dollar facilities, million dollar infrastructures, million dollar recruiting budgets, million dollar budgets, etc. to compete. It is semi pro, the only thing lacking for it to be straight professional is that they don’t pay the players, well, al least officially that is

I think it is time to scrap the Pro-Bowl- AND REPLACE IT WITH A COLLEGE CHAMP/NFL SUPER BOWL CHAMP GAME played by NFL rules.

These college Teams just keep getting more professional every year. It's time!

Unfortunately (for OSU), he was not correct. Alabama's defense did a pretty good job. And the offense was a steamroller!

Nope, OSU played their best game of the season against Clemson and Bama probably played their worst game of the season against an OK Florida team.
Speaking of Florida, they really ended their season on a sour note with 3 straight losses, the last an uninspired performance against Oklahoma.
Sorry, I don't buy that excuse of some of their players opting out of their bowl game. LSU had that same problem yet managed to beat FL before those guys opted out of their bowl game.

Shocking, the money team won, hard to imagine that few still can’t recognize the obvious, the more you spend, the better you’ll be, you want to hang with the top five or six, just put out more dollars, it’s all the counts

Nothing makes a southern victory more annoying than to have Archives weigh-in with his hot takes. I hope someone forced you to drink Heineken during the damn game.

Shocking, the money team won, hard to imagine that few still can’t recognize the obvious, the more you spend, the better you’ll be, you want to hang with the top five or six, just put out more dollars, it’s all the counts

As long as it's done legally and within the rules, what's the problem? If you think rules or laws have been broken, do something about it.

College football is a disgrace, or would seem so to old traditionalists.

They've trashed the old, traditional conference affiliations for business purposes. [It was supposed to be an extracurricular activity, not a business.]

Now they've got a hot mess, but modern fans are cool with it.

College football is a disgrace, or would seem so to old traditionalists.

They've trashed the old, traditional conference affiliations for business purposes. [It was supposed to be an extracurricular activity, not a business.]

Now they've got a hot mess, but modern fans are cool with it.

College football has not been an extracurricular activity in 60 years. There is more parity in the game than ever.

The game, as it is played today, provided a huge number of scholarships for people who might not be able to go to college any other way.

And for many successful program, it provides additional money to the schools. The schools like it. The fans like it.

The game, as it is played today, provided a huge number of scholarships for people who might not be able to go to college any other way.

That's true. I've heard these scholarship athletes interviewed on television, and many of them cannot manage a cogent sentence in the English language.

They're all astronomy majors--i.e., they're taking up space in school.

Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Yale play in a reasonably respectable college football conference,
I suppose,
although they wisely sat this year out.

That's true. I've heard these scholarship athletes interviewed on television, and many of them cannot manage a cogent sentence in the English language.

They're all astronomy majors--i.e., they're taking up space in school.

Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Yale play in a reasonably respectable college football conference,
I suppose,
although they wisely sat this year out.

No doubt there are plenty who do not take advantage of the opportunity that is presented to them.

But plenty do. Mac Jones, the QB for Alabama that just shredded Ohio State to win the championship, finished his undergrad degree with a 4.0 GPA, and got his Master's in December. There were several players who graduated in December.

When it is all said & done, whether the player gets an education is up to the player.

When it is all said & done, whether the player gets an education is up to the player.

That's fair, but many players are recruited who didn't do the secondary school work to succeed in college.

Universities weren't created to teach grammar. Good grammar is required just to get into college unless you're a recruited athlete.
[Or at least you had to know it back in my day in the sixties.]

That means you can speak excellent English to a sideline reporter before you ever attended a class.

Back