Texas Power Grid Deregulation Cost Texans $28 Billion Over Two Decades

Hello Cinnabar,

Republican opposition to sensible government is merely a ruse to cover up to subservience to the powerful.

Because it wouldn't play well in the sound byte media to simply say they are covering for billionaires.

The establishment Dems are equally subservient to the corporate lords just not Fascist.

Hello Cinnabar,

The establishment Dems are equally subservient to the corporate lords just not Fascist.

Example: President Obama virtually ignored Occupy; and nobody faced any charges for the Great Recession, even after the massive public outcry.

President Biden is beholden to big banks.

It is up to we the people to tell our politicians who they answer to.

Apathy is the big problem here.

There are two kinds of political power: Big money and a groundswell of public support for a cause.

Either will put politicians into office and keep them there.

But it takes SO MUCH public support for a politician to take on the big money elites it is daunting.

Look at all the millions of people Bernie has, but still it is not enough to go up against the big money establishment.

It needs to be even more than that.

It can be done.

We just have to get the word out for more people to get informed and get involved. LOTS more.

a new analysis by the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) has found that the deregulation and monopolization of the Texas energy market cost Texas residents $28 billion more than they would have paid under a traditional utility.

The magic of the free markets at work.

I will take a well managed and regulated public utility.

Capitalism is a great system for producing consumer products. But the public welfare, the public infrastructure, and the public commons should really not be at the mercy of the profit motive.

Hello Cypress,

Capitalism is a great system for producing consumer products. But the public welfare, the public infrastructure, and the public commons should really not be at the mercy of the profit motive.

Texas is in the process of learning that they actually have to have a government.

It's not working very well for them without one.

Hello Cypress,

Texas is in the process of learning that they actually have to have a government.

It's not working very well for them without one.

Perhaps.

From what I remember, they are still one of the few remaining states to not accept the Obamacare Medicaid expansion (they really stuck it to the libs). So I believe they will remain a minimalist state government for the foreseeable future.

Texas Free-markets are starting to get too expensive. Our electricity rates are the highest in the Nation!

And ever since Texas did away with The Texas State Board of Governors, TEXAS Auto and Home Insurance prices are the highest in the nation, and have been ever since.

A Texas State 4 year degree's sticker price is now over 95K and is rising in tuition costs at an amazing 4.1% every year.

TEXAS IS GETTING MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IT NEEDS TO BE!

TIME FOR THE DEMOCRATS TO GET BACK IN CHARGE HERE!

Looks like you got some prime examples of unfettered capitalism there.

Perhaps.

From what I remember, they are still one of the few remaining states to not accept the Obamacare Medicaid expansion (they really stuck it to the libs). So I believe they will remain a minimalist state government for the foreseeable future.

It's the QOP's dream for all of America to be as slipshod and unregulated as TX. Thankfully we have enough intelligent ppl to stop them.

Mind if we add health care to that list?

Mind if we add health care to that list?

Good point. I do not begrudge doctors and dentists having private practices, and I do not mind insurance companies providing supplementary insurance - but a good universal baseline public health insurance for everyone makes eminent sense

Hello Cypress,

Perhaps.

The quintessential good old boy state. And proud of it. It is no joke that they do not fly their state flag lower than the US flag. Same height. Been there, seen it.

Capitalism built the power plants, the distribution system, AND the houses and appliances that use electricity.
Fuck you.

If people want to be free from govt oversight why do you care how much it cost them? Do you have to pay their bills?

Yes, Federal money is flowing into Texas to try to help them recover from their stupidity. That Federal money comes (in-part) from me.

The under-regulation of the private sector is essential for advancing the interests of the corrupt oligarchs
who have the uneducated white cracker element dancing at the end of puppet strings.

While the intention was to foster competition and lower prices, the outcome suggests otherwise. This raises important questions about the effectiveness of deregulation in achieving its goals and underscores the need for a reassessment to protect consumers and ensure reliable, affordable energy.

Back