The American Dream Has Moved Abroad

Don't feel bad about it.

We British are an immigrant nation too. I would imagine the DNA fingerprint of the original pre-Celtic hunter-gatherers is pretty undetectable in modern British people.

Ways back to whichever member of your family migrated to America.
Over an ice bridge? Which ancestor are you talking about?

Which of your ancestors "migrated" from Africa? It's not like people sprouted up out of nowhere in Europe you're all immigrants.

Over an ice bridge? Which ancestor are you talking about?

Which of your ancestors "migrated" from Africa? It's not like people sprouted up out of nowhere in Europe you're all immigrants.

AOI

Don't feel bad about it.

We British are an immigrant nation too. I would imagine the DNA fingerprint of the original pre-Celtic hunter-gatherers is pretty undetectable in modern British people.

Yet you failed to tell me which ancestor it was.

Everybody is not an immigrant, if you count the furthest ancestors then except a few people from Africa where humanity first stalked the Earth all people are immigrants. It's silly to call one migratory people "indigenous" but then rejecting that anybody else is equally indigenous. What I wanted to see is how far back do you reach for "immigrants"? Are native Americans actually "native" or are they "immigrants" too?

Yet you failed to tell me which ancestor it was.

Everybody is not an immigrant, if you count the furthest ancestors then except a few people from Africa where humanity first stalked the Earth all people are immigrants. It's silly to call one migratory people "indigenous" but then rejecting that anybody else is equally indigenous. What I wanted to see is how far back do you reach for "immigrants"? Are native Americans actually "native" or are they "immigrants" too?

Only if you define 'indigenous' as a people who sprang up out of nothing in a particular land.

Given what we know about the African origins of humans, if this were the case then the term indigenous would be superfluous.

Indigenous refers to those with the oldest historical connection to the land.

Only if you define 'indigenous' as a people who sprang up out of nothing in a particular land.

Given what we know about the African origins of humans, if this were the case then the term indigenous would be superfluous.

Indigenous refers to those with the oldest historical connection to the land.

Then really the animals own the land.

No I'm not. I was born here, so was my father, my grandfather... well, it goes a ways back.

Two points:
1. I would like to see him prove that the indigenous American people are the native Americans.

2. Wouldn't this mean that the modern day English population need to pack up and leave.

Back