The best thing ever written about Bush

Cypress

Totally nailed it.

Bush 'war crimes conference' to convene in Mass., plan prosecution of admin. officials

On September 13-14, 2008, Lawrence Velvel, the dean of the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, plans to convene a 'convention' at the school's facilities; the attendees of which will plan strategies to prosecute members of the Bush administration for war crimes.

The dean specifically criticizes Justice Department officials who wrote legal opinions designed to provide political cover for administration figures to carry out torture. However, Velvel's sharpest words were saved for President Bush, according to a passage from ABA Journal.

The man ultimately responsible for the torture had a unique preparation and persona for the presidency," wrote Velvel. "He is a former drunk, was a serial failure in business who had to repeatedly be bailed out by daddy's friends and wanna-be-friends, was unable to speak articulately despite the finest education(s) that money and influence can buy, has a dislike of reading, so that 100-page memos have to be boiled down to one page for him, is heedless of facts and evidence, and appears not even to know the meaning of truth."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Bush_war_crimes_conference_to_convene_0622.html

War crimes tribunal gets a thumbs up, as well.

I remember studying about Hitler & Nazi Germany (and no, right-wing - this is not a Hitler/Bush comparison). There has been a lot of research devoted to just how someone as evil & hate-filled as Hitler could rise to power at that time, and what kind of conditions & psychology allowed for that to happen. You like to think that it could never happen again in an advanced nation.

I hope that they put a similar amount of thought & research into exposing what happened here, in the only superpower of the free world in the 21st century. That description is spot on; the idea that a total flunkie - unqualified, a track record of failure, someone without intellectual curiosity or who could even be thought of as intelligent - could occupy one of the most important positions of our time for 8 solid years....it's incomprehensible. It definitely speaks to qualities that we have as a nation that are not desirable or conducive to success, and that hopefully we can grow out of.

I remember studying about Hitler & Nazi Germany (and no, right-wing - this is not a Hitler/Bush comparison). There has been a lot of research devoted to just how someone as evil & hate-filled as Hitler could rise to power at that time, and what kind of conditions & psychology allowed for that to happen. You like to think that it could never happen again in an advanced nation.

I hope that they put a similar amount of thought & research into exposing what happened here, in the only superpower of the free world in the 21st century. That description is spot on; the idea that a total flunkie - unqualified, a track record of failure, someone without intellectual curiosity or who could even be thought of as intelligent - could occupy one of the most important positions of our time for 8 solid years....it's incomprehensible. It definitely speaks to qualities that we have as a nation that are not desirable or conducive to success, and that hopefully we can grow out of.

LMAO @ completely inarticulate in spite of the best education money and influence can buy.

Onceler, do you remember sitting there, horrified, during those 2000 debates with Bush and Al Gore and being struck at how somebody so incompetent and qualified could be nominated for the POTUS? And then being even more horrified to listen to pundits talk about how Bush held his own with Gore, coming across at the straight talking "everyman".

Talk about the Cassandra syndrome.

We already know how history will judge Bush. The question is, if years from now 50 million Bush voters will have learned their lesson, or not.

"Onceler, do you remember sitting there, horrified, during those 2000 debates with Bush and Al Gore and being struck at how somebody so incompetent and qualified could be nominated for the POTUS? And then being even more horrified to listen to pundits talk about how Bush held his own with Gore, coming across at the straight talking "everyman". "

I definitely won't forget that. We were laughing in some parts, and I actually felt bad for Bush at times. Then, I remember just sitting their slack-jawed as the pundits sang his praises, apparently for not drooling & mumbling incoherently, as they had basically been told to expect.

I remember Peggy Noonan after the 3rd debate saying "George Bush may have just closed the deal tonight." It was stunning. It was like I was watching a debate from another planet.

"Onceler, do you remember sitting there, horrified, during those 2000 debates with Bush and Al Gore and being struck at how somebody so incompetent and qualified could be nominated for the POTUS? And then being even more horrified to listen to pundits talk about how Bush held his own with Gore, coming across at the straight talking "everyman". "

I definitely won't forget that. We were laughing in some parts, and I actually felt bad for Bush at times. Then, I remember just sitting their slack-jawed as the pundits sang his praises, apparently for not drooling & mumbling incoherently, as they had basically been told to expect.

I remember Peggy Noonan after the 3rd debate saying "George Bush may have just closed the deal tonight." It was stunning. It was like I was watching a debate from another planet.

That one really horrifically bad debate he had against Kerry, I almost could have felt sorry for him. It was that bad, and that was after four years of this crap, so I already hated the guy. But he was pathetic enough that I actually felt some stirrings of pity. I wonder if that is how he got some votes though? If some people just felt really sorry for him. An “ordinary Joe”, getting humiliated by one of those east coast smarty pants.

"I wonder if that is how he got some votes though? If some people just felt really sorry for him. An “ordinary Joe”, getting humiliated by one of those east coast smarty pants."

That's why they have to research this thing. It can't happen again. That's a good observation, and it makes as much sense as anything else I can think of.

The "folks" just can't stand how smart those high-fallutin' east coast elitists are. Nothing like basing your vote for President on "getting back" at all of those well-spoken bookworms who ever made you feel as stupid as you are. That really worked out well.

"I wonder if that is how he got some votes though? If some people just felt really sorry for him. An “ordinary Joe”, getting humiliated by one of those east coast smarty pants."

That's why they have to research this thing. It can't happen again. That's a good observation, and it makes as much sense as anything else I can think of.

The "folks" just can't stand how smart those high-fallutin' east coast elitists are. Nothing like basing your vote for President on "getting back" at all of those well-spoken bookworms who ever made you feel as stupid as you are. That really worked out well.

I don’t know how you can avoid that. Unless you have a nominee who doesn’t mind playing the amiable dunce. Like Reagan did, and like W did to an even great extent, I think. I don’t believe that either of them could possibly have been as stupid as they played. Bush for instance, is very cunning. But the kind of smart that tends to get nominated in the D party, isn’t the type of smart that lends itself to playing dumb. I guess Clinton came closest, by not playing dumb, but by playing Bubya. Obama obviously, can’t pull off either, and neither could Kerry. But you’re right, it’s something to be studied by Democrats.

It was the media. That is what should be studied. I could not believe what I was hearing from the tube about almost everything for years. If the internet had not exsisted I think I would have gone insane and the country would have been lost to the people.

We have a chance to stop and change this shit but Im not sure it is doable yet. I dont know how many dems are part of the problem. That is why I was so against hillary this time. She is part of the problem.

Ohh I don't know, I still get a "bush is not running for president" response from some of the more stupit ones. One whom just declared himself to be independent in particular :D
ya just gotta love it.

funny how no longer do repubs stand up to tell us all how unfair we are being to bush.

funnier still is the fact that several lefties on this thread refer to Kerry as a "smartypants" or "bookworm" when he actually did worse than the "idiot" in school. Kerry was a better orator to be sure, but he was hardly more intelligent.

1) He lost to Bush

2) His plan was "same as Bush but maybe 10000 more troops

3) He lost to Bush

Ohh I don't know, I still get a "bush is not running for president" response from some of the more stupit ones. One whom just declared himself to be independent in particular :D
ya just gotta love it.

I'm one of the last people to stand up for BB on here but one can easily be a registered Independent and be a strong partisan for the Republicans or Democrats. I'm not sure why that's difficult to grasp. Is Black living some kind of lie because he is not a registered Democrat even though his sympathies obviously lay with them? Not to mention the irony of you calling someone else out for how they are registered.

yeah cawacko I realize that, it is just funny how many former bushies now proclaim loudly that they are independents.

In my state independent is just another party.
There is not true way to register independent, which to me is non-affiliated that some states offer.

"We have a chance to stop and change this shit but Im not sure it is doable yet."

When I think about this, my natural cynicism kicks in, in a big way.

Leonard Cohen has a great song called "Everybody Knows." I'm too lazy to look up the lyrics, but the jist is that the fix is in, the dice are loaded, we're always being lied to....and everybody knows. We all know that our gov't is bought & paid for, that most legislation is written by corporations & that we tend to attract & reward the worst kind of politicians to lead (how many times has someone said "lesser of 2 evils" to justify their vote?), but we don't do a damned thing about it.

We're all busy, and we all have lives, and only half of us even muster up the energy to get out & vote every few years. We reward incumbency like nobody's business. The idea that a population like this is going to mount the revolution that is needed to truly change things is, sadly, laughable. It's just getting worse; we're seeing the results, and the reaction is still a collective shrug.

funnier still is the fact that several lefties on this thread refer to Kerry as a "smartypants" or "bookworm" when he actually did worse than the "idiot" in school. Kerry was a better orator to be sure, but he was hardly more intelligent.

1) He lost to Bush

2) His plan was "same as Bush but maybe 10000 more troops

3) He lost to Bush

Actually the mere fact that he's a better orator than Bush speaks volumes. Bush can barely put together a coherent sentence. Kerry is clearly more intelligent.

1) His loss to Bush is more of a reflection of how intellectually voide the Right in America is. He had done nothing to deserve the nomination, his background predicted the failure as president he would eventually be and voting for him in 2004 equated to stupidity.

2) No. It wasn't.

3) You married cawacko in SF

Actually the mere fact that he's a better orator than Bush speaks volumes. Bush can barely put together a coherent sentence. Kerry is clearly more intelligent.

1) His loss to Bush is more of a reflection of how intellectually voide the Right in America is. He had done nothing to deserve the nomination, his background predicted the failure as president he would eventually be and voting for him in 2004 equated to stupidity.

2) No. It wasn't.

3) You married cawacko in SF

No, Kerry is the better orator. Public speaking skills do not necessarily equate to intelligence.

Get Kerry off of his rehersed talking points/prepared comments and he behaved much like a deer in headlights. (still better than Bush, but pathetic at the same time)

"historians will look back in amazement at the present unpopularity of George W Bush, and marvel at it quite as much as we now marvel at the 67 per cent disapproval rates for Truman throughout 1952.

Presidents are seldom remembered for more than one or two things; the rest slip away into a haze of historical amnesia. With Kennedy it was the Bay of Pigs and his own assassination, with Johnson the Great Society and Vietnam, with Nixon it was opening up China and the Watergate scandal, and so on.

George W Bush will be remembered for his responses to 9/11 in Afghanistan and Iraq, but since neither of those conflicts has yet ended in victory or defeat, it is far too early categorically to assume - as left-wingers, anti-war campaigners and almost all media commentators already do - that his historical reputation will be permanently down in the doldrums..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/06/22/do2201.xml

"historians will look back in amazement at the present unpopularity of George W Bush, and marvel at it quite as much as we now marvel at the 67 per cent disapproval rates for Truman throughout 1952.

Presidents are seldom remembered for more than one or two things; the rest slip away into a haze of historical amnesia. With Kennedy it was the Bay of Pigs and his own assassination, with Johnson the Great Society and Vietnam, with Nixon it was opening up China and the Watergate scandal, and so on.

George W Bush will be remembered for his responses to 9/11 in Afghanistan and Iraq, but since neither of those conflicts has yet ended in victory or defeat, it is far too early categorically to assume - as left-wingers, anti-war campaigners and almost all media commentators already do - that his historical reputation will be permanently down in the doldrums..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/06/22/do2201.xml

This is my favorite kind of retarded, right-wing drone; the kind that compares Bush to Truman, and contends that the genius of Bush will only be recognized by future generations.

There is no hope for hacks like this.

A piece by Andrew Roberts, everyone's favourite right-wing historian.

Coincidentally he's one of the favourites to write Bush's official biography. A voice you can trust there.

Back