The Christian demand for truth was its own demise

I like Christians and non-Christians alike and have no desire to change anyone's own opinions of their faith!

I'm an atheist but I agree with this sentiment. ALmost all my friends are believing Christians and I like all of them and even respect their faith. But I love to talk about religion (I used to be a believer) and there are some good parts of some religions!

What I find interesting are those people who wield their faith like a cudgel. Those are the folks whose faith I don't much care for and will stand against it. It's even more annoying to me if they are oblivious about their own faith while acting like a douche in the name of said faith.

"One can see what it was that actually triumphed over the Christian god: Christian morality itself, the concept of truthfulness that was taken ever more rigorously; the father confessor's refinement of the Christian conscience, translated and sublimated into a scientific conscience, into intellectual cleanliness at any price."

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Gay-Science-by-Friedrich-Nietzsche.pdf

Religion is myth. And its benefits are precisely because it is myth. Once religion ventures into the realm of truth it dissolves.

In many ways Trump's ideology that there is no true truth is one of the most anti-christian ideologies there is.

Back