The coolest thing about Australia's new P.M.

Have you ever noticed, the alarm went off about "global warming". Now, the term may not be accurate because people are calling it "climate change", and that is what we need to fear. Same thing you say? Not exactly. Climate change also means cooling. The Green crowd, makeing tons of money, have to cover the bases ya know.

You guys don't understand that? Pop your head out of the sand---it is fachist capitolism (the bad kind--of forced market)---with many subsities and the amount of hysteria being a direct result on how much profits are made---on tax payers dollars (subsities)--for industries that can't exist in a free market. The more hysteria--the more profits for industries that not ecnomical enough to stand on their own.

I know al-gore (no caps) is investing heavily in green technology (GE for one--biggest maker of wind mills--and are selling them a lot), and there is nothing illeagl about that as far as I know. But it is illeagle to hype up a single stock, to falsy bump up the worth--so may be gores choice to get more money from a industry he hypes up should not be legal.

Winning a peace prize for the biggest crap---I love it.

Last edited:
ZOMG THIRTY YEARS AGO A NO-NAME STUDY IN SOME RANDOM MAGAZINE SAID THERE MAY BE GLOBAL COOLING?!?!!/1/11/ ZOMG THIS CERTAINLY DISPROVES GLOBAL WARMING!?1!/1/?!

The hand of Midnight Oil is already at work in the new Aussie government:

Australia's new leader says he will apologize to Aborigines

Outgoing PM John Howard had steadfastly refusing to offer an apology

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Newly elected Australian leader Kevin Rudd renewed a commitment Monday to apologize to indigenous Aborigines for past indignities

That's what Midnight Oil's tune was about. Cheers. :clink:

:ausflag:

ZOMG THIRTY YEARS AGO A NO-NAME STUDY IN SOME RANDOM MAGAZINE SAID THERE MAY BE GLOBAL COOLING?!?!!/1/11/ ZOMG THIS CERTAINLY DISPROVES GLOBAL WARMING!?1!/1/?!

Was that 30 years already? Wow. I believe it was the new york times I saw about the ice age of the 70's. It is on line somewhere.

We call the stretch across the top of Western Australia, the Northern Territory and far north Queensland the Deep North.....

You live in South Australia, right?

Elections every four years? 47 member house of assembly elected by preference voting in SMD's, 22 member legislative council elected on a statewide basis by proportional STV to 8 year terms, half elected at each standing election? Parliamentary system where the legislature elected the executive?

You live in South Australia, right?

Elections every four years? 47 member house of assembly elected by preference voting in SMD's, 22 member legislative council elected on a statewide basis by proportional STV to 8 year terms, half elected at each standing election? Parliamentary system where the legislature elected the executive?

That's all quite correct. And you reckon for a tiny population like ours we're a bit over-governed?

That's all quite correct. And you reckon for a tiny population like ours we're a bit over-governed?

Wikipedia is your friend. :clink:

Just knock off a house and it'll be alright. Might want to leave the one that you have with STV, but, hey, it's your decision.

Mississippi's government is actually a lot more complicated. If I explained it all in detail I'd need a tablecloth - which is what our ballots look like.

Back