The coolest thing about Australia's new P.M.

I'd knock off the whole parliament and have a regional administration that was a department of the Commonwealth Government. But that would mean that we would have to start behaving like a real country, you know, as a unified nation. That ain't gonna happen. We are so bloody parochial (I am particularly parochial) that it would take years and years for us to get a national rather than a federal government.

Having said that I'm rather proud of my state's socio-political history. We were the second place in the world to grant women the vote (after New Zealand, yay for our Kiwi friends!). And I believe we were the first to put a woman into a parliament (but I could be wrong). And our capital city, Adelaide, was named "the city of Churches" by none other than Mark Twain. The inhabitants of other states remember the tag but don't remember Twain's several visits here (he liked Adelaide). He called it the city of Churches because of the number of denominations of people who could worship here in total freedom, he was impressed and he wasn't easily impressed :D

Damn, look at that, a parochial rant :D

I'd knock off the whole parliament and have a regional administration that was a department of the Commonwealth Government. But that would mean that we would have to start behaving like a real country, you know, as a unified nation. That ain't gonna happen. We are so bloody parochial (I am particularly parochial) that it would take years and years for us to get a national rather than a federal government.

Having said that I'm rather proud of my state's socio-political history. We were the second place in the world to grant women the vote (after New Zealand, yay for our Kiwi friends!). And I believe we were the first to put a woman into a parliament (but I could be wrong). And our capital city, Adelaide, was named "the city of Churches" by none other than Mark Twain. The inhabitants of other states remember the tag but don't remember Twain's several visits here (he liked Adelaide). He called it the city of Churches because of the number of denominations of people who could worship here in total freedom, he was impressed and he wasn't easily impressed :D

Damn, look at that, a parochial rant :D

I guess you're not a keen on federalism, then?

In America a speech like that would tantamount to treason.

Mississippi's history isn't that complex. We become a state in the 1810's, had lot's of slaves, pulled out of the union, fought in the civil war for the "right" to keep our slaves, and lost. We comforted ourselves, however, by taking it out on the black former slaves for the next 100 years. We whined to high heaven whenever the federal government took away our "right" to remove an semblance of civil rights from blacks. We were also ruled by racist Democrats for 150 years, until the Republicans became more racist, and now we're completely ruled by them.

In the modern world... we're a crappy state. THe only thing interesting about the state is gambling. I'd actually rather get rid of our state government too - Mississippi is too stupid to rule itself.

I guess you're not a keen on federalism, then?

In America a speech like that would tantamount to treason.

Mississippi's history isn't that complex. We become a state in the 1810's, had lot's of slaves, pulled out of the union, fought in the civil war for the "right" to keep our slaves, and lost. We comforted ourselves, however, by taking it out on the black former slaves for the next 100 years. We whined to high heaven whenever the federal government took away our "right" to remove an semblance of civil rights from blacks. We were also ruled by racist Democrats for 150 years, until the Republicans became more racist, and now we're completely ruled by them.

In the modern world... we're a crappy state. THe only thing interesting about the state is gambling. I'd actually rather get rid of our state government too - Mississippi is too stupid to rule itself.

The Illumanti is happy about the self-loathing they've instilled in you. Good little guilty white goyim. Kneel before ZOG.

No, not keen on federalism. Bits of Australia were settled at different times and until January 1901 (European settlement was first permanent in 1788) it was like a bunch of separate countries inhabiting a huge landmass. Even after federation the parochialism was extremely powerful. Different states even deliberately had different rail gauges so that a train going from for example, Victoria to New South Wales, had to have its undercarriage changed so it could continue its journey.

That mentality is still alive and it's entirely destructive to the idea of nationhood.

Say what..............?

No, not keen on federalism. Bits of Australia were settled at different times and until January 1901 (European settlement was first permanent in 1788) it was like a bunch of separate countries inhabiting a huge landmass. Even after federation the parochialism was extremely powerful. Different states even deliberately had different rail gauges so that a train going from for example, Victoria to New South Wales, had to have its undercarriage changed so it could continue its journey.
That mentality is still alive and it's entirely destructive to the idea of nationhood.

Rail guage size was common in all countries during the transition from horse and buggy to Steam locomotives...the Us had different rail guage sizes up through the Civil War( I think Hawaii is the only state using narrow guage today!)...this was good back then...confused and limited North/South rail transportation of military supplies and troop movements!

By the way are you still working LE in Australia?:clink:

The bad thing about federalism is that all the hundreds of different regulations in each state kind of drag down business. Also, some states have draconian laws on the books (three strikes, duh), and others have ridiculously light laws (violent rape and child molestation in Massachusettes, for instance, I think carries a maximum jail sentence of 3 years).

Also, federalism plays a big part into why we have so much coporate welfare. The corporations are often larger than these state governments, and are able to convince them to give 300 million or whatnot to the corporation or else they'll "go somewhere else". Under nationalism, everyone is on an even playing field.

Rail guage size was common in all countries during the transition from horse and buggy to Steam locomotives...the Us had different rail guage sizes up through the Civil War( I think Hawaii is the only state using narrow guage today!)...this was good back then...confused and limited North/South rail transportation of military supplies and troop movements!

By the way are you still working LE in Australia?:clink:

About another 2.5 years all being well and then off to to the boss and

:readit:

:D

The bad thing about federalism is that all the hundreds of different regulations in each state kind of drag down business. Also, some states have draconian laws on the books (three strikes, duh), and others have ridiculously light laws (violent rape and child molestation in Massachusettes, for instance, I think carries a maximum jail sentence of 3 years).

Also, federalism plays a big part into why we have so much coporate welfare. The corporations are often larger than these state governments, and are able to convince them to give 300 million or whatnot to the corporation or else they'll "go somewhere else". Under nationalism, everyone is on an even playing field.

I can see the huge differences in the US as you're a much more complex society than ours. We should be able to do it easily but vested self-interests and innate conservatism make it almost impossible. Jeez I could tell you some stories.......:shock:

Back