The corruption of Attorney General Merrick Garland

Grokmaster

Contributor
Garland's DOJ epitomizes the glaring double standard in our current system of INjustice, in case after case.

The corruption of Attorney General Merrick Garland​

This week, Attorney General Merrick Garland took to the pages of the Washington Post to lash out at critics who are spreading what he considers “conspiracy theories crafted and spread for the purpose of undermining public trust in the judicial process itself.” His column, titled “Unfounded attacks on the Justice Department must end,” missed the point.

It is Garland himself who has become the problem. The solution is in Wilmington, Delaware, where 12 average citizens just showed a commitment to the rule of law that seems to be harder and harder for the attorney general to meet.

Since his appointment, Garland has repeated a mantra that he is apolitical and would never yield to the pressures of politics or the White House. When he was nominated, I believed that claim and enthusiastically supported Garland’s confirmation. He was, I thought, the perfect man for the job after his distinguished judicial service as a moderate judge.

I was wrong. Garland’s tenure as attorney general has shown a pronounced reluctance to take steps that would threaten President Biden. He slow-walked the appointment of a special counsel investigating any Biden, and then excluded from the counsel’s scope any investigation of the massive influence peddling operation by Hunter Biden, his uncle and others.

~ I have long been a critic of Garland’s failure to order a special counsel to look into the extensive evidence of corruption surrounding the Bidens. As I stated in my testimony in the Biden impeachment hearing, there is ample evidence that Biden lied repeatedly about his knowledge of this corruption and his interaction with these foreign clients.

~ However, a more worrisome concern is the lack of consistency in these investigations. First, Special Counsel Robert Hur found that Biden knowingly retained and mishandled classified material. However, he concluded that Biden’s age and diminished faculties would make him too sympathetic to a jury. It was less sympathetic than pathetic, given that this is the same man who is running for re-election to lead the most powerful nation on Earth. More importantly, Garland has not made obvious efforts to reach a consistent approach in the two cases by dropping charges based on the same crimes by Trump in Florida.

~ Second, Garland has allowed Special Counsel Jack Smith to maintain positions that seem diametrically at odds with past Justice Department policies. This includes Smith’s statement that he will try Trump up to (and even through) the next election. It also includes a sweeping gag order which would have eviscerated free speech protections by gagging Trump from criticizing the Justice Department. While Garland has said that he wants to give the special counsels their independence, it falls to him to protect the consistency and values of his department.

Garland’s most brazenly political act has been the laughable executive privilege claim used to withhold the audiotape of the Hur-Biden interviews. The Justice Department has not claimed that the transcript is privileged, but only that the audiotape of Biden’s comments is privileged. This is so logically disconnected that even CNN hosts have mocked it.

~ This is the same Justice Department that seemed on a hair-trigger to prosecute Trump officials for perjury and contempt after referrals from Democrat-controlled committees.

~ As it stands, few believe that will happen, despite Garland’s repeated line about transcending politics. It is not the mantra that is in doubt, but the man.

7q25bo.jpg

This regime is illegal and illegitimate.

Yet look at how few of us there are who both understand this and will stand up and say it.

There is nothing corrupt about Garland, if anything waiting 18 months to go after Trump proves he's beyond corruption, but instead, a slow worthless lazy coward , who should be fired and replaced. I wish you Trump people would understand, just because you keep repeating lies, does not make it a fact. I will contend however any attacks on Garland, brings pleasure to those of us on the left who are simply fed up with his sloth behavior

There is nothing corrupt about Garland, if anything waiting 18 months to go after Trump proves he's beyond corruption, but instead, a slow worthless lazy coward , who should be fired and replaced. I wish you Trump people would understand, just because you keep repeating lies, does not make it a fact. I will contend however any attacks on Garland, brings pleasure to those of us on the left who are simply fed up with his sloth behavior
Garland's refusal to immediately prosecute Trump for the coup may be the downfall of our nation.

Garland's refusal to immediately prosecute Trump for the coup may be the downfall of our nation.
Sadly, that is true. I am so grateful this man wasn't put on the SC under Obama. Garland is a old man who should be forced into retirement, like so many of those in DC. After Trump was defeated, this nation's law enforcers had all the fodda necessary to put this man behind bars were he belong, instead, its been one failure after another and that worthless Fani broad, who refuse to step aside to this day, tying up the courts with Trumps appeals....you couldn't make this cra[ up. Democrats are simply losers, end of story. And should we lose this Nov. Democrats politicians are the direct blame in my opinion, with their cotton candy sugar water politics and their endless failures to convict the most convictable human being in criminal history, ie Trump

Sadly, that is true. I am so grateful this man wasn't put on the SC under Obama. Garland is a old man who should be forced into retirement, like so many of those in DC. After Trump was defeated, this nation's law enforcers had all the fodda necessary to put this man behind bars were he belong, instead, its been one failure after another and that worthless Fani broad, who refuse to step aside to this day, tying up the courts with Trumps appeals....you couldn't make this cra[ up. Democrats are simply losers, end of story. And should we lose this Nov. Democrats politicians are the direct blame in my opinion, with their cotton candy sugar water politics and their endless failures to convict the most convictable human being in criminal history, ie Trump
In the debate, I hope Biden keeps saying, "convicted felon Trump..."

So...Trump is your Messiah.
Hume, the German people, like ours is treading on dangerous territory and sadly, it took the election of Hitler to whip these people back into reality...and its gonna take the US the same path to get back into reality, should Trump get elected. I hate its during my years on this earth for this to happen, but this country IS LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG OVERDUE FOR A GOOD OL FASHION BEAT DOWN and should Trump win, we'll get exactly what we deserve...and for minority voters to think this man is their guy....but especially black voters....LET THE CHIPS FALL WERE THEY MAY. 1 MILLION people died during the pandemic and 80% were minorities and seniors who think Trump is their guy?????

Hume, the German people, like ours is treading on dangerous territory and sadly, it took the election of Hitler to whip these people back into reality...and its gonna take the US the same path to get back into reality, should Trump get elected. I hate its during my years on this earth for this to happen, but this country IS LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG OVERDUE FOR A GOOD OL FASHION BEAT DOWN and should Trump win, we'll get exactly what we deserve...and for minority voters to think this man is their guy....but especially black voters....LET THE CHIPS FALL WERE THEY MAY. 1 MILLION people died during the pandemic and 80% were minorities and seniors who think Trump is their guy?????
I don't see Trump becoming President. At least not legally.

In the debate, I hope Biden keeps saying, "convicted felon Trump..."
That's about all he can say (without a teleprompter and a list of the questions like he had before).
Biden's gonna get a beatdown during the debate. Just you wait and see...

That's about all he can say (without a teleprompter and a list of the questions like he had before).
Biden's gonna get a beatdown during the debate. Just you wait and see...
You will not understand the truth after Biden is again the adult on stage with Baby Trump. Trump will grimace, gesticulate and talk loudly. Trump showed how badly he relied on the teleprompter when his went done last week. He taught you about batteries and sharks. He said lots of stupid, and nonsensical things. You heard political brilliance. I doubt Trump will debate.

Back