The demonization of Palestinians

BartenderElite

Verified User
Gaza, from what I have read, is close to 60% populated by children and the elderly.

Whenever that is pointed out, what do we get?
- A reminder that Palestinians "voted for Hamas," and are thus responsible and deserve what they get
- References to a poll showing majority support for Hamas
- Pictures of Palestinian children with guns and being trained for combat

For the 1st, I believe the election was in 2007, and they fell short of 50%. In exit polls, the vast majority of voters said they voted for Hamas not because they agreed w/ Hamas policies, but they thought Hamas would be the best to end corruption in the government. Most also supported a peace agreement w/ Israel.

On the 2nd - Hamas is a violent, oppressive regime, and the poll was done in-person because there is no electricity. So, someone you don't know comes to your door and asks, "do you support Hamas?" Think about it.

And for "children with guns," that is a very sad situation we see in some 3rd world countries. These children are no less innocent. They deserve empathy for being forced into this situation.

We demonize the children & elderly of Gaza because it makes what is happening there, and the incomprehensible human suffering, more palatable. It makes it easier on our collective conscience.

Genocide means everybody.
Both sides have basically agreed on a war of genocide.
Neither has any desire to coexist.

Pick one side and demonize the other.
Your choice.
That's how an "us and them" world works.
It's time for realism, not pearl clutching.

Gaza, from what I have read, is close to 60% populated by children and the elderly.

Whenever that is pointed out, what do we get?
- A reminder that Palestinians "voted for Hamas," and are thus responsible and deserve what they get
- References to a poll showing majority support for Hamas
- Pictures of Palestinian children with guns and being trained for combat

For the 1st, I believe the election was in 2007, and they fell short of 50%. In exit polls, the vast majority of voters said they voted for Hamas not because they agreed w/ Hamas policies, but they thought Hamas would be the best to end corruption in the government. Most also supported a peace agreement w/ Israel.

On the 2nd - Hamas is a violent, oppressive regime, and the poll was done in-person because there is no electricity. So, someone you don't know comes to your door and asks, "do you support Hamas?" Think about it.

And for "children with guns," that is a very sad situation we see in some 3rd world countries. These children are no less innocent. They deserve empathy for being forced into this situation.

We demonize the children & elderly of Gaza because it makes what is happening there, and the incomprehensible human suffering, more palatable. It makes it easier on our collective conscience.

I suspect most Americans don't really about Israel. But they think they have to support Israel--all propaganda.

Genocide means everybody.
Both sides have basically agreed on a war of genocide.
Neither has any desire to coexist.

Pick one side and demonize the other.
Your choice.
That's how an "us and them" world works.
It's time for realism, not pearl clutching.

"Us and them" is an illusion we create to - as I said in the OP - make the horrors more palatable.

It's a fiction. We don't have to feed into it.

"Us and them" is an illusion we create to - as I said in the OP - make the horrors more palatable.

I don't have to feed into it in the sense that anything is influencing me.
It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I've been witnessing the hatred for my entire life, almost,
and I've never seen one thing to contradict my assessment.
Israelis and Palestinians have no desire to co-exist.
Each wants the other permanently gone.
Let's see who wins.

I personally side with the Israelis.
Some may favor the Palestinians.

Being neutral isn't particularly admirable to me.
My personality isn't to respect neutrality.
Nature didn't make me that way.
It's not like I drew my own blueprint.

Like all of us,
I am what I am
and with all of us,
it is what it is.

Is that why you and others make a steady stream of posts and threads that badmouth, demean and demonize republican voters? So YOU make those threads and posts as a way of showing how much you actually dislike feeding into the US vs THEM mentality? THATS WHY? :rolleyes:

Is that why you and others make a steady stream of posts and threads that badmouth, demean and demonize republican voters? So YOU make those threads and posts as a way of showing how much you actually dislike feeding into the US vs THEM mentality? THATS WHY? :rolleyes:
Republican voters are okay, it’s the MAGAt Qanuts that are the danger.

Forgot to mention:

It's not just demonizing Palestinians. Apparently, anyone who supports innocents in Gaza must also be a Nazi who hates Jews.

Yep. That's really a thing.

Forgot to mention:

It's not just demonizing Palestinians. Apparently, anyone who supports innocents in Gaza must also be a Nazi who hates Jews.

Yep. That's really a thing.
And they dismiss the torture of Palestinians by Israel. Every Palestinian is Hamas

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/06/middleeast/doctor-israel-hospital-conditions-intl/index.html

[h=1]Report: Israeli doctor says detained Palestinians are undergoing ‘routine’ amputations for handcuff injuries[/h]

of course not.......you always ignore the role of Hamas in Gaza......

The so called Palestinians in Gaza made a conscious decision to have a terrorist group (Hamas) represent them.

They teach their children to hate Jews.

They sent their children with suicide bombs to kill Israeli children. They attacked Jewish children in school buses and pizza parlors.

They sent burning kites into civilian areas of Israel.

Hamas broke the cease fire on Oct. 7 and slaughtered Israelis asleep in their beds…beheading and burning alive Israeli infants in front of their parents.

The barbarians in Hamas are being destroyed as we speak.

A two state solution was offered twice and rejected by Hamas.

There will now be a one state solution with Israel…from the river to the sea.

There is a reason that Arab countries do no want to accept Palestinians from Gaza into their countries.

They are a gutter society with only one goal in life…terror.

The so called Palestinians in Gaza made a conscious decision to have a terrorist group (Hamas) represent them.

They sent their children with suicide bombs to kill Israeli children. They attacked Jewish children in school buses and pizza parlors.

Hamas broke the cease fire on Oct. 7 and slaughtered Israelis asleep in their beds…beheading and burning alive Israeli infants in front of their parents.

Didn't read the OP, eh?

The election was in 2007. They didn't get a majority. Close to half of Gaza TODAY are children.

The election that have them power was on 2004 and no election has been held since. We do not know who they are behind.
Israel encroachment and control over Gazans lives are what makes them hate Israel. The use of Gazan kids as target practice by the army is also radicalizing.
Netanyahoo has come out against the 2 state solution.
The population just wants to live in peace and opportunity. That is true in almost all conflicts. War is the product of a lack of diplomacy or a desire by the rich and powerful. If we voted on wars, we would have far fewer wars.

There is a reason that Arab countries do no want to accept Palestinians from Gaza into their countries.

They are a gutter society with only one goal in life…terror.

People are people. Calling a whole society a gutter society is so Trumpian. Your bigotry and hate have no boundaries.
Are we happily accepting Mexican and Central American refugees?

People are people. Calling a whole society a gutter society is so Trumpian. Your bigotry and hate have no boundaries.
Are we happily accepting Mexican and Central American refugees?

It's ridiculous.

60% are children & the elderly, but apparently they're less than human.

It's ridiculous.

60% are children & the elderly, but apparently they're less than human.

Children and the elderly are not excluded in a war of genocide.

The goody-two shoes Pollyannas on this forum refuse to recognize
that the Palestinians have been calling for this war of genocide since Israel was founded.
Has everybody forgotten the PLO already?

It's not about who's human.
It's about peoples that will not co-exist.

America is in freefall mostly due to the number of Americans
who don't have the stomach or the balls to recognize reality as it exists.

How did we become such timid little cowards?

Back