The demonization of Palestinians

Gaza, from what I have read, is close to 60% populated by children and the elderly.

Whenever that is pointed out, what do we get?
- A reminder that Palestinians "voted for Hamas," and are thus responsible and deserve what they get
- References to a poll showing majority support for Hamas
- Pictures of Palestinian children with guns and being trained for combat

For the 1st, I believe the election was in 2007, and they fell short of 50%. In exit polls, the vast majority of voters said they voted for Hamas not because they agreed w/ Hamas policies, but they thought Hamas would be the best to end corruption in the government. Most also supported a peace agreement w/ Israel.

On the 2nd - Hamas is a violent, oppressive regime, and the poll was done in-person because there is no electricity. So, someone you don't know comes to your door and asks, "do you support Hamas?" Think about it.

And for "children with guns," that is a very sad situation we see in some 3rd world countries. These children are no less innocent. They deserve empathy for being forced into this situation.

We demonize the children & elderly of Gaza because it makes what is happening there, and the incomprehensible human suffering, more palatable. It makes it easier on our collective conscience.

The absurd arguments you reference mainly demonstrate the bigotry of those who make them.

Gaza, from what I have read, is close to 60% populated by children and the elderly.

Whenever that is pointed out, what do we get?
- A reminder that Palestinians "voted for Hamas," and are thus responsible and deserve what they get
- References to a poll showing majority support for Hamas
- Pictures of Palestinian children with guns and being trained for combat

For the 1st, I believe the election was in 2007, and they fell short of 50%. In exit polls, the vast majority of voters said they voted for Hamas not because they agreed w/ Hamas policies, but they thought Hamas would be the best to end corruption in the government. Most also supported a peace agreement w/ Israel.

On the 2nd - Hamas is a violent, oppressive regime, and the poll was done in-person because there is no electricity. So, someone you don't know comes to your door and asks, "do you support Hamas?" Think about it.

And for "children with guns," that is a very sad situation we see in some 3rd world countries. These children are no less innocent. They deserve empathy for being forced into this situation.

We demonize the children & elderly of Gaza because it makes what is happening there, and the incomprehensible human suffering, more palatable. It makes it easier on our collective conscience.

When the government the Palestinians elected murdered women and children and burned children alive in front of their families and took hostages the Palestinians demonized themselves. I'd prefer that they built Gaza up to a beautiful place like Tel Aviv is instead of building rockets and tunnels. The Palestinians stated goal is to destroy the Jews. If the Jews wanted to destroy the Palestinians they could do it.

Anti-Gazans didn't read the OP.

Hamas alone bears responsibility for 10/7, and they need to be brought to justice in whatever way possible.

A land that is 40% children has very little to do w/ an election close to 2 decades ago. Blaming the current population is only a futile attempt to downplay the suffering in Gaza right now.

Anti-Gazans didn't read the OP.

Hamas alone bears responsibility for 10/7, and they need to be brought to justice in whatever way possible.

A land that is 40% children has very little to do w/ an election close to 2 decades ago. Blaming the current population is only a futile attempt to downplay the suffering in Gaza right now.

Just like every country is responsible for the government that runs it. The Palestinian people are responsible for their government . If they all rose up against Hamas then Hamas could not remain in power. Just like the German and the Japanese people were responsible for their governments.

Children and the elderly are not excluded in a war of genocide.

The goody-two shoes Pollyannas on this forum refuse to recognize
that the Palestinians have been calling for this war of genocide since Israel was founded.
Has everybody forgotten the PLO already?

It's not about who's human.
It's about peoples that will not co-exist.

America is in freefall mostly due to the number of Americans
who don't have the stomach or the balls to recognize reality as it exists.

How did we become such timid little cowards?

If you have to be a "timid little coward" to care about innocent kids - guess I'm that.

Children and the elderly are not excluded in a war of genocide.

The goody-two shoes Pollyannas on this forum refuse to recognize
that the Palestinians have been calling for this war of genocide since Israel was founded.
Has everybody forgotten the PLO already?

It's not about who's human.
It's about peoples that will not co-exist.

America is in freefall mostly due to the number of Americans
who don't have the stomach or the balls to recognize reality as it exists.

How did we become such timid little cowards?

IMO Britain (plus France and Italy) had no business meddling in the former territory of Palestine way back at the beginning of the 20th century, resulting in the partition of the Ottoman Empire. Who wouldn't be pissed at foreign invaders doing this? It certainly didn't help calm the centuries of wars and atrocities that took place in the region.

You may consider people like me to be "Pollyannas" for wanting the atrocities to end. Israel was attacked and has a right to retaliate for the death and damage caused by Hamas. Hamas needs to be eliminated but not every single person in Gaza is Hamas, or even a supporter of Hamas.

There's not much we as Americans can do about other countries whose people can't or won't coexist. We can't even overcome our own problems with coexistence.

Then why won't Egypt let them into Egypt.

Are you too stupid to understand almost no country allows refugees to come in by the millions? Can you understand the cost and complexity? If they do not have jobs for them, they will piss off the people who put the leaders in power. I cannot speak for Egypt, but they have Palestinian refugee camps in Egypt. https://www.newarab.com/news/egypt-... begun setting up,lives of over 30,000 people. So you are as usual, wrong.

There's not much we as Americans can do about other countries whose people can't or won't coexist. We can't even overcome our own problems with coexistence.

Agreed on this, at least.

I think that America may need a two state solution more than the Levant does.

We're probably not going to solve our domestic differences with a civil war of genocide,
so partition becomes the more realistic solution.

Back