The depths to which academia has sunk, a Taylor Swift Conference

No doubt this conference will bring to the light life changing information. In a world apparently being destroyed by phobias and isms and environmental disasters and killing, we apparently have time to talk about Taylor Swift. There is no way to accurately describe how fucked up his country is right now.

https://www.wthr.com/article/entert...mber/531-e00f4ad1-8164-4fd2-ab8e-6580951e0bc1

Indiana is a conservative state, and IU is not known to be a hotbed of radicalism.

Students and faculty at universities are not just interested in particle physics, cow breeding, and quantum computing. Studying music and cultural phenomena are also studied and discussed. It's the free market of ideas, so blame capitalism if you must.

Indiana is a conservative state, and IU is not known to be a hotbed of radicalism.

Students and faculty at universities are not just interested in particle physics, cow breeding, and quantum computing. Studying music and cultural phenomena are also studied and discussed. It's the free market of ideas, so blame capitalism if you must.

I am not blaming anyone unless you can point to where I did. Im merely wondering why a conference is needed to discuss a cardboard cut out of a human being.

so fucking what?

You asked what impact. Obviously she has an impact since we see her everywhere.

BTW, this is in the article

Conference panels, which begin Friday, Nov. 3 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, will discuss Swift's "cultural relevance and her influence on pop culture, the economy, gender, fandom, politics, music theory, history and more."

You asked what impact. Obviously she has an impact since we see her everywhere.

BTW, this is in the article

Conference panels, which begin Friday, Nov. 3 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, will discuss Swift's "cultural relevance and her influence on pop culture, the economy, gender, fandom, politics, music theory, history and more."

who gives a shit unless its to warn us of the dangers of her influence.

I like Taylor, I think she is a good girl.

She is definitely in the middle of her Hey Day.

I think she just sees the world's problems as something larger than herself, and she is trying to use her fame to say, "Now that I have your attention, let's look at some of the world's largest problems"!

She means well, and I think she'd like to do something for the world now, now that the world has been so good to her.

Last edited:
No doubt this conference will bring to the light life changing information. In a world apparently being destroyed by phobias and isms and environmental disasters and killing, we apparently have time to talk about Taylor Swift. There is no way to accurately describe how fucked up his country is right now.

https://www.wthr.com/article/entert...mber/531-e00f4ad1-8164-4fd2-ab8e-6580951e0bc1

How trite can the MAGA militia go

It is a two day weekend conference, not an academic course, examining the Taylor phenomenon, which from looking at the economic infrastructure alone would seen interesting.

Most colleges will hold school sponsored football games this weekend where a good number of students will engage in drunken activities, should we be asking how they contribute to the students’ academic progress

How trite can the MAGA militia go

It is a two day weekend conference, not an academic course, examining the Taylor phenomenon, which from looking at the economic infrastructure alone would seen interesting.

Most colleges will hold school sponsored football games this weekend where a good number of students will engage in drunken activities, should we be asking how they contribute to the students’ academic progress

Yes we should.

Back