The Fine Line Between Reality and Imaginary

Perhaps you are too unsophisticated to understand what David Hume and other philosophers are questioning.

Does the color red actually exist independent of human perception?

Or is the color red simply a manifestation of chemical-quantum sensory effects in our visual perception as it is processed by our brains?

human opinion does not not alter science.......light is refracted regardless of the label you attach to it......

human opinion does not not alter science.......light is refracted regardless of the label you attach to it......

What your senses and mind perceive as matter, might actually be tiny vibrating strings of energy at the Planck scale.

So the question about whether you are actually perceiving reality as it really is, or whether your mind is formatting sensory data in a way your cognition can process it is a perfectly valid philosophical and scientific question.

What your senses and mind perceive as matter, might actually be tiny vibrating strings of energy at the Planck scale.

So the question about whether you are actually perceiving reality as it really is, or whether your mind is formatting sensory data in a way your cognition can process it is a perfectly valid philosophical and scientific question.

and yet reality is not changed by human ignorance.......

and yet reality is not changed by human ignorance.......

I am sure you thought that was clever when you wrote it, but I have no idea what you mean.

I will accept your tacit confession that the sensory data processed and formatted by our minds might not actually represent reality at its deepest level.

I am sure you thought that was clever when you wrote it, but I have no idea what you mean.

pity....okay, I will dumb it down for you.......what is real is always real.......what people imagine about it remains imaginary.......what they misconceive remains a misconception.......what they are mistaken about remains a mistake.........

I will accept your tacit confession

as an example, what you call a tacit confession is not reality........it is and always will be your mistake......

Mustache Pete

4afb72eca2bb383539a81f459a0442fb.jpg

Rasta is a black dude with a big Afro and he has red hair.

He owned a circular mill and his mother remarried. Remember the fella the cops
picked up in your place. What’s his sur name? His father served in the military as
did mine. Wood grove sales Ed and ray are his cousins.
You know this guy, you know that guy. I lost my mind.
Spaghetti and meatballs. The police station is hiring.

pity....okay, I will dumb it down for you.......what is real is always real.......what people imagine about it remains imaginary.......what they misconceive remains a misconception.......what they are mistaken about remains a mistake.........

Then you went ahead and fully concede the entire premise of the thread, and concede to the point David Hume was making.

We do not have a God's eye view of the universe, able to grasp all of ultimate reality.

We have human minds which receive sensory input data and format it so our cognition can put it in categories. But there is no guarantee our sensory perception gives us access to the deepest levels of reality. Nor can scince give us 100 percent confidence in the nature of reality, because scientific knowlege is always provisional and subject to modifications.

Back