The Future of Gas Stoves in New York

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
A federal agency suggested last week that the use of gas appliances should be cut off, and the response got superheated across the country. But in New York, the idea isn’t new.

Two years ago, the City Council moved to prohibit installation of gas stoves in new buildings. Earlier this week, the governor proposed more regulations as part of efforts to fight climate change.

Here’s what you need to know about the issue — and how to ditch your gas stove, if you choose:

What’s so bad about gas stoves, anyway?

Exposure to such pollutants can lead to negative respiratory and cardiovascular health outcomes. One 2013 study estimated that kids who grow up in homes with gas stoves are 42% more likely to experience symptoms of asthma than kids in homes with electric stoves.

In New York, 18.8% of childhood asthma cases might be prevented if households didn’t have gas stoves, according to a study published in December.

https://www.thecity.nyc/2023/1/13/23554476/future-gas-stoves-ban-new-york-what-to-know

So when a farang who lives in a 3rd world shithole with poor sanitation whines about NY take it for what it's worth, which is ZERO

When our government comes to take our freedom 97.9% of the time the excuse is SAFETY! .

Kindly wise the fuck up.

Glad I don’t live in New York … for several reasons. I wouldn’t willingly, continually cook in a kitchen with an electric stove.

Which makes me wonder…I haven’t watched Food Network in ages. I used to love watching it. Still catch some clips on YouTube. I wonder if Food Network will start promoting cooking with electric stoves even though most chefs greatly prefer gas stoves.

It is amazing how an insignificant thing like this gets piled on by Reds. What a terrible disaster. How do I survive without a gas stove?

NYC has in the last few years have had gas explosions and leaks in apartments especially the older ones . Hundred or thousands of feet of gas lines snake around the city and maintenance is expensive as well as safety issues.

Growing up in city run apartments we had gas , they don't any more, gas shouldn't be a problem in single family homes in the sticks

Glad I don’t live in New York … for several reasons. I wouldn’t willingly, continually cook in a kitchen with an electric stove.

Which makes me wonder…I haven’t watched Food Network in ages. I used to love watching it. Still catch some clips on YouTube. I wonder if Food Network will start promoting cooking with electric stoves even though most chefs greatly prefer gas stoves.

Too bad TikTok is so bad... I used to watch videos of cooks on there. Quicker, to the point... without all the nonsense they add on youtube videos.

I thought I would never get used to electric stoves, until I bought an Infrared glass top stove.

It worked great and was the easiest stove top I ever had to clean up, and the oven was self-cleaning as well!

I thought it was great. But, I moved and now I have a Gas range with a Convection Oven.

A federal agency suggested last week that the use of gas appliances should be cut off, and the response got superheated across the country. But in New York, the idea isn’t new.

Two years ago, the City Council moved to prohibit installation of gas stoves in new buildings. Earlier this week, the governor proposed more regulations as part of efforts to fight climate change.

Here’s what you need to know about the issue — and how to ditch your gas stove, if you choose:

Exposure to such pollutants can lead to negative respiratory and cardiovascular health outcomes. One 2013 study estimated that kids who grow up in homes with gas stoves are 42% more likely to experience symptoms of asthma than kids in homes with electric stoves.

In New York, 18.8% of childhood asthma cases might be prevented if households didn’t have gas stoves, according to a study published in December.

https://www.thecity.nyc/2023/1/13/23554476/future-gas-stoves-ban-new-york-what-to-know

So when a farang who lives in a 3rd world shithole with poor sanitation whines about NY take it for what it's worth, which is ZERO

you're a fucking idiot and a liar.

Three months ago, how many alt leftie moonbats were telling the sane among us, "there is nothing to the story"
Trying to say if nicely........ Fuck off.

I would surmise you didn't actually read and understand the "study" used to determine this. It's linked here:

https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/42/6/1724/737113?login=false

It's another piece of academic quackery in the extreme.

Buried down in it about halfway, they list the number of participants in it spread across the planet.

The low for studies they used is 1 (ONE). The high was 20 (twenty). This is supposedly representative of the entire fucking planet and all 8 billion people!

The study is utter bullshit wrapped in academic quackery. The presenters are full of shit.

While I do really believe
in pretty much all of the science that tells us what we need to do
to save the environment for human habitation,
is it really worth living that way?

Why are we saving a place where it won't be worth living?

If we didn't stupidly fuck our way to a global population of nearly eight billion,
we wouldn't have to live like fucking Woodstock hippies just to survive.

We could still have a decent standard of living instead of having to give up all the things that we want.

I think that we're approaching it entriely wrong.
We should continue to do whatever the fuck we want to to do,

but just stop bringing new kids into a world that won't be inhabitable for them.

Seriously, there's no cogent argument to be made against my solution.

Who wants to live like a bunch of boring, albeit healthy, losers?

The deniers are totally wrong, of course, but is our ridiculous plan right?
I hardly think so.

Back