The GOP Election Tapdance

And before you get all "Libertarians are" on us again...

You also know that I am a Republican and am not ashamed of that fact.

How true how so very sad!

Well, with their very first law they broke their "pay as you go" promise, then they sat on their hands and pointed at Bush.

He is unpopular enough that they believe that it will continue to gain them seats in the Government, including a whole new branch.

Both sides of the Isle was on GW's side after 911...they wanted blood from anyone and everyone...especially those from NY...Now these same people are crying foul...how hypocritical is this?

and you have a better hypothesis ...professor??? Put it out on the table...with a logical explanation!

It's pathetic & pretty much a lie to imply that both sides of the aisle were on board w/ anything Bush could come up with after 9/11. I don't give the Dems who voted for the resolution to use force (if necessary) a pass, and I was disappointed with the faith they seemed to be putting in Bush, but it would be hopeless to take that a step further, as you did, and say that they were all "out for blood!"

I'd say that there was a sincere attempt by both parties after 9/11 to show a unified front, and come together. To stretch that into Democrats wanting "blood from everyone," and being on GW's side no matter what he decided to do, is just sad. It's not even worth debating.

You friend(used loosley)..

It's pathetic & pretty much a lie to imply that both sides of the aisle were on board w/ anything Bush could come up with after 9/11. I don't give the Dems who voted for the resolution to use force (if necessary) a pass, and I was disappointed with the faith they seemed to be putting in Bush, but it would be hopeless to take that a step further, as you did, and say that they were all "out for blood!"

I'd say that there was a sincere attempt by both parties after 9/11 to show a unified front, and come together. To stretch that into Democrats wanting "blood from everyone," and being on GW's side no matter what he decided to do, is just sad. It's not even worth debating.

are in classic denial...seek help! Tons of MSM coverage after 911 would beg to differ with your opinion...of the facts at hand...take a vacation...you really need one!

are in classic denial...seek help! Tons of MSM coverage after 911 would beg to differ with your opinion...of the facts at hand...take a vacation...you really need one!

Okay...you really want to go at it, idiot? I have speeches, quotes, the works - Dems, and Republicans like Dick Armey, were EXTREMELY cautious about the resolution, and were not "out for blood" as you insanely implied.

Wanna go for the title, fool? Show me what you have...show me the 'tons of MSM coverage' that shows a Democratic party firmly behind Bush no matter WHAT he decided, and "out for blood!"

Fucking idiot. I'll trounce you...bring it....

Okay...you really want to go at it, idiot? I have speeches, quotes, the works - Dems, and Republicans like Dick Armey, were EXTREMELY cautious about the resolution, and were not "out for blood" as you insanely implied.

Wanna go for the title, fool? Show me what you have...show me the 'tons of MSM coverage' that shows a Democratic party firmly behind Bush no matter WHAT he decided, and "out for blood!"

Fucking idiot. I'll trounce you...bring it....

Ohh, never say "show me what you have" to BB.

He might actually...

Pull It Out

As Elaine on Seinfeld used to say.

This could get much uglier than you know.

It....out....thanks for the warning. Fortunately, there are no visuals on an internet message board like this one.

I get too worked up about that kind of thing, but man, does it drive me bananas how righties are still trying to re-write history. "This wasn't Bush's war...EVERYONE was responsible." I'm really tired of it; I don't give Dems a pass, but history should make no mistake: this is, and will always be, Bush's war.

It....out....thanks for the warning. Fortunately, there are no visuals on an internet message board like this one.

I get too worked up about that kind of thing, but man, does it drive me bananas how righties are still trying to re-write history. "This wasn't Bush's war...EVERYONE was responsible." I'm really tired of it; I don't give Dems a pass, but history should make no mistake: this is, and will always be, Bush's war.

On a serious note, I agree.

Both sides of the Isle was on GW's side after 911...they wanted blood from anyone and everyone...especially those from NY...Now these same people are crying foul...how hypocritical is this?
During time of crises, good citizens flock to support of the governmernt, but than, as time goes by, oft times cooler heads prevail and they change their minds, that is hardly hypocritical

Aren't they good? Can you just see them moving those little feets as fast as they can?

They are all coming out and announcing that things have to change in Iraq! Ohhhhh, wow, that's a brave stance. So the MSM, like the panting little lapdogs they are, take notes, and run back to their little offices and type out headlines such as "Powerful GOP Senator Breaks With Bush".

So, whatcha gonna do about it Mr. Powerful Senator? Uhh, nothing. But if I huff and I puff, and I blow smoke up the skirts of the press and get enough headlines, my constituents might think I'm doing something about it. See, I'm up for reelection next year.

You are one great American sir.

G.O.P. Support for Iraq Policy Erodes Further
By CARL HULSE
WASHINGTON, July 5 — Support among Republicans for President Bush’s Iraq policy eroded further on Thursday as another senior lawmaker, Senator Pete V. Domenici of New Mexico, broke with the White House just as Congressional Democrats prepared to renew their challenge to the war.

“We cannot continue asking our troops to sacrifice indefinitely while the Iraqi government is not making measurable progress,” said Mr. Domenici, a six-term senator who has been a steadfast supporter of the president.

Thus Mr. Domenici joined a growing number of Republican voices in opposition to the war just as Senate Democratic leaders are readying plans to put the political and policy focus back on Iraq next week.

The Democrats intend to use a Pentagon policy measure to force votes on proposals limiting spending on the conflict and setting a timetable for withdrawing most troops by next year — an idea Mr. Bush has already vetoed.

Mr. Domenici made it clear Thursday that he did not support such measures either, saying, “I’m not calling for an immediate withdrawal from Iraq or a reduction in funding for our troops, but I am calling for a new strategy that will move our troops out of combat operations and on the path to continuing home.”

Still, within hours after Mr. Domenici spoke to reporters in a conference call, Senator Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat and majority leader, called on him to join Democrats and like-minded Republicans to bring the war to a close.

“Beginning with the defense authorization bill next week, Republicans will have the opportunity to not just say the right things on Iraq, but vote the right way, too,” Mr. Reid said, “so that we can bring the responsible end to this war that the American people demand and deserve.”

Mr. Domenici is up for re-election next year, and his views on the war are likely to figure prominently in the campaign. His turnabout followed similar calls for a new Iraq policy last week by Senator Richard G. Lugar of Indiana, the senior Republican on the Foreign Relations Committee, and by Senator George V. Voinovich of Ohio, another member of that panel. Senator John W. Warner of Virginia, a respected Republican voice on military issues who is also facing re-election, has also been pressing the administration to shift course.

Darla, you're being ridiculous. That GOP senator's doing just about as much as any Democrat.

Back