The hillary effect on the Dem party

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
RASMUSSEN POLL: McCain Now Leads By Double Digits:
McCain 51% Clinton 41%
McCain 49% Obama 42%

Polls... polls.... Yeah poll the economic experts a year ago and they all said everything was wonderful and no recession was coming.
Lets wait and see what happens.

Everyone is talking about the new polls, but it's a natural result of what's going on. If I'm McCain, I'm more heartened by the fact that Obama is now perceived as a "flawed candidate" because of Wright, tnan I am by the polls.

Polls are just a snapshot, and they reflect the fact that Hillary & Obama are going at it, while McCain is looking Presidential visiting the Mideast. Polls don't really matter until after the convention, and they will certainly change a dozen times between now & then.

we shall see. all i know is 2 months ago the dems were patting themselves on back saying wow we either get hillary of Obama for sure in 08

I think the Wright thing has made the race MUCH closer than it would have been, and I even think it may be a killer for Obama. It's so hard to say. There are still almost 8 months to go, and I'm always surprised by how quickly some things disappear in politics (but I'm also surprised by how well certain things stick).

Chances are we'll be in a full-blown recession at that point. If Obama runs an excellent campaign, he could overcome this past week. Part of what made this past week so damaging is the fact that people don't feel like they "know" him; well, 8 months is a lot of time to get to know someone...

Honestly, if PA Democrats were smart (and I realize they don't act as one unit), they'd give Obama a sweeping victory over Hillary next month. It would change the narrative to "look how he has overcome Wright."

If Hillary wins by double-digits, as some are now saying, it will just reinforce the damage done.....

well obama spent yesterday fighting mccain on iraq.. hillary spent yesterday rounding up rich supporters to help her stage a fake new election in Michigan in her attempt ot seize power.

If the dem leadership lets her steal this nomination i will put there party back below there republicans in terms of there total lack of judgment and ability to lead the country.

i would never in my life equate mccain with bush.. totally different people. Mccain has always been a champion of fiscal responsibility bush hasent. Mccain served his war honorably and bush got drunk in tx.

Its going to be hard for the dems to trash mccain as bush-lite.

the ONLY thing they have going for them against mccain is hes pro war.

i would never in my life equate mccain with bush.. totally different people. Mccain has always been a champion of fiscal responsibility bush hasent. Mccain served his war honorably and bush got drunk in tx.

Pray tell Chapdog, on what specific issues and in what ways does McCain disagree with Bush?

Not hard at all considering the bush campaign team is now backing McCain, including rove.

Pray tell Chapdog, on what specific issues and in what ways does McCain disagree with Bush?

hes worked plenty of times with the dems. came out against tax cuts for rich, wanted campaign finance reform and plenty of other issues he split against the pubs.. Also its a fact that in 2001 he considered switching to the dem party.

Hes a true moderate on most issues.

hes worked plenty of times with the dems. came out against tax cuts for rich, wanted campaign finance reform and plenty of other issues he split against the pubs.. Also its a fact that in 2001 he considered switching to the dem party.

Hes a true moderate on most issues.

If he's a true moderate on most issues you can surely provide some examples of moderate position positions he has taken in this campaign. One or two would suffice.

If he's a true moderate on most issues you can surely provide some examples of moderate position positions he has taken in this campaign. One or two would suffice.

Considering he's been running in the Republican primary it cannot be a surprise to you that he has emphasized his more right leaning positions so far.

the perception in America is that hes a war hero with a life long political track record of opposing his party, crossing party lines, and being a 'maverick' in the pub party. What he is doing with bush right now is necessary political maneuvering required to win in NOV.

IM not defending mccain. I WANT to vote for Obama.. I just am calling it like it is. There is no way that Mccain = Bush.

McCain won't be a hardcore rightie as President. He is a conservative on many issues, but very few in the Senate have worked in such a bipartisan fashion. If he gets elected, it will be on the strength of independents (just as it will be for Obama if he gets elected). He will be expected to work with the Democrats in Congress, and I have little doubt that he will. I also think he'll be more sensible about Iraq than people think right now.

I just don't think that much will get done w/ McCain on what I consider the pressing issues of this moment. I don't see him moving forward with new ideas on healthcare, energy, the environment, education & the economy; if he even has new ideas on any of those issues, he is doing a great job of keeping them close to the vest. He may be more open to initiatives presented by Congress, but I don't see him leading initiatives.

McCain won't be a hardcore rightie as President. He is a conservative on many issues, but very few in the Senate have worked in such a bipartisan fashion. If he gets elected, it will be on the strength of independents (just as it will be for Obama if he gets elected). He will be expected to work with the Democrats in Congress, and I have little doubt that he will. I also think he'll be more sensible about Iraq than people think right now.

I just don't think that much will get done w/ McCain on what I consider the pressing issues of this moment. I don't see him moving forward with new ideas on healthcare, energy, the environment, education & the economy; if he even has new ideas on any of those issues, he is doing a great job of keeping them close to the vest. He may be more open to initiatives presented by Congress, but I don't see him leading initiatives.

didn't he come out with Lieberman on some global warming initiative?

Back