The irrational fear of AI

All this makes sense! I wish I knew more about it, But AI is still experimental at this stage, and I just say, I'm all for it, until it goes bad, if it should!

If it helps us reach technologies that we can't even imagine yet, great. But, let's just be cautions along the way!

That's really all I even know what to say about it, given my lack of knowledge on the matter.

But thanks!

AI is not experimental.

AI is not experimental.

OK! Thanks for you opinion!

Artificial Intelligence as an Experimental Science.

Say whatever you like, and I will say OK!

As, I believe some AI projects may not be experimental, and Some AI projects may very well be damn experimental.

SO perhaps we are both right!

Because I really do not want to argue about this.

you're worthless

I'll remember you said that asshole!

You are so immature, no one is able to have their own opinion around you, if they disagree with you!

When you said, that AI is not experimental, all you did was present a circular argument!

And you didn't even say why you think it is not experimental, YOU JUST Came back with an abrupt- NO IT IS NOT!

And then you insulted me- even when I agreed with you!

SO FUCK OFF ASSHOLE AND GO GET YOURSELF SOME SOCIAL SKILLS!

I'll remember you said that asshole!

You are so immature, no one is able to have their own opinion around you, if they disagree with you!

When you said, that AI is not experimental, all you did was present a circular argument!

And you didn't even say why you think it is not experimental, YOU JUST Came back with an abrupt- NO IT IS NOT!

And then you insulted me- even when I agreed with you!

SO FUCK OFF ASSHOLE AND GO GET YOU SOME SOCIAL SKILLS!

If you refuse to discuss your posts, there is no reason for anyone to read them.

If you refuse to discuss your posts, there is no reason for anyone to read them.

I have no problem discussing my posts!

Do you have a problem discussing yours?

"NO IT IS NOT"- is no way to discuss anything!

Even though I did try to further explain my point after that is all you had to offer!

You just remember one thing, I did not Insult you- But you did insult me!

Next!

Last edited:
Those statements do not contradict my friend.

Yes they do and if you were not stupid you would understand that.

TinkerLiar said:
...AI "...the same improvements that have happened since the invention of computing power.

It's nothing new.

AI is NOT the same improvement as compared to what happened in computer evolution prior to AI. That is a LIE.

AI is absolutely new, compared to all advancements in computers prior. That is also a LIE.

AI is a massive advancement and a complete shift as compared to where computer were prior.

Yes they do and if you were not stupid you would understand that.

AI is NOT the same improvement as compared to what happened in computer evolution prior to AI. That is a LIE.

AI is absolutely new, compared to all advancements in computers prior. That is also a LIE.

AI is a massive advancement and a complete shift as compared to where computer were prior.

No, since the first calculator was created that was AI, that is my point.

AI stands for artificial intelligence.

That means that something computing 2 +2 for you is AI.

All we've done is increased that power to compute.

There is absolutely no algorithm that can think on it's own without first being given the commands to allow it to happen.

That is just a fact.

Sure, a program can write an entire new language but only because we gave it the ability to do so.

If we hadn't then it couldn't.

There is absolutely no algorithm that can think on it's own without first being given the commands to allow it to happen.

That is just a fact.

Sure, a program can write an entire new language but only because we gave it the ability to do so.

Just STFU up you short bus nitwit.

What is artificial intelligence?

...A human provides the inputs and "tells" the calculator what functions to perform. The calculator does not have to apply any intelligence to make any decisions. As such, calculators are not AI....

You are what is called irredeemable stupid.

Not an ounce of knowledge about any topic you address but speaking as if you hold facts.

Western Civilization is in collapse because way too many big mistakes have been made over a long period of time.

There is reason to be concerned.

AI passes freshman year at Harvard

A.A. A. A-. B. B-. Pass.

That’s a solid report card for a freshman in college, a respectable 3.57 GPA. I recently finished my freshman year at Harvard, but those grades aren’t mine — they’re GPT-4’s.

Take-home writing assignments are the foundation of a social science and humanities education at liberal-arts colleges around the U.S. Professors use these assignments to assess students’ knowledge of the course material and their creative and analytical thinking. But the rise of advanced large-language models (LLM) like ChatGPT and now GPT-4 threatens the future of the take-home essay as an assessment tool. With these existential issues in mind, I wanted to see for myself: Could GPT-4 pass my freshman year at Harvard?

https://www.chronicle.com/article/gpt-4-can-already-pass-freshman-year-at-harvard?cid=gen_sign_in

That is just a fact.

Technically speaking AI is somewhat different from a calculator. AI utilizes a complex mathematical algorithm coupled with a very large "training set" from which it self-generates connections and linkages.

I am of the opinion that since we lack a true understanding of human intelligence, but we know that we train our own brains in much the same way, there is actually little definite differentiation between "real" intelligence and AI at this point.

It IS troubling that AI is able to self-generate things. There was a study of one AI system that had, without any prompting, taught itself various different languages like Persian. It was not told to do so in any stretch of the imagination, yet it managed to teach itself that.

AI is so much more than a simple Markov Chain text generator. And it's definitely more than a simple calculator.

Can machines think? Turing, 1952, says yes.

The view that machines cannot give rise to surprises is due, I believe, to a fallacy to which philosophers and mathematicians are particularly subject. This is the assumption that as soon as a fact is presented to a mind all consequences of that fact spring into the mind simultaneously with it. It is a very useful assumption under many circumstances, but one too easily forgets that it is false. A natural consequence of doing so is that one then assumes that there is no virtue in the mere working out of consequences from data and general principles.

https://academic.oup.com/mind/article/LIX/236/433/986238

Technically speaking AI is somewhat different from a calculator. AI utilizes a complex mathematical algorithm coupled with a very large "training set" from which it self-generates connections and linkages.

I am of the opinion that since we lack a true understanding of human intelligence, but we know that we train our own brains in much the same way, there is actually little definite differentiation between "real" intelligence and AI at this point.

It IS troubling that AI is able to self-generate things. There was a study of one AI system that had, without any prompting, taught itself various different languages like Persian. It was not told to do so in any stretch of the imagination, yet it managed to teach itself that.

AI is so much more than a simple Markov Chain text generator. And it's definitely more than a simple calculator.

AI can only generate things because we program it to do so.

Not sure why so many of you are failing to see this.

AI cannot work outside of it's programming.

AI can only generate things because we program it to do so.

Not sure why so many of you are failing to see this.

AI cannot work outside of it's programming.

No one fails to see anything.

You are saying stupid things because you are stupid and we all see it.

We create and set up both a calculator and an initial AI.

A calculator never exceeds or grows from the inputs we initial put it. Much like an automobile following the step by step instructions and inputs from you turning it on to stepping on the gas to the car driving, so to does a calculator process the step by step instructions to calculate an answer when you plug in an equation.

That is NOT what AI is doing.

AI can now program itself and go far outside any inputs we put in, making choices ON ITS OWN, to create new programming languages or other.

So what is the SAME is humans create both originally. But after that point things are vastly different.

So your statement that it is no different is just stupidity from you. That we create both does not mean they cannot be different after creation.

The point is that AI can only do what we allow it to do, it can't do things for itself.

Sure it can learn but because we have programmed that into it.
LIE.

I already quoted for you how AI can and does do things for itself. Example, creating its own computer programming language as it found all the human created ones too slow and inefficient.

We have programmed it to learn. And it does learn. Thus exceeding the initial program we put in to it. That is what 'learn' means. It means to gain new knowledge.

Back