The Line Between Good and Evil Cuts Through Evangelical America

BidenPresident

Verified User
“Fundamentalism,” Richard Land, the former head of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, once told me, “is far more a psychology than a theology.” That psychology is defined by an extreme sense of certainty, along with extreme ferocity.

Roughly speaking, fundamentalists are intolerant of dissent. Evangelicals are much more accepting of theological differences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/21/opinion/christianity-fundamentalist-evangelical-pentacostal.html

"When I look at the divisions in American evangelicalism, I’m reminded of the Homer Simpson toast: “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” The American church has been the cause of much heartache and division."

"The Pentecostal church, for example, is the primary home of one of the most toxic and dangerous Christian nationalist ideas in America — the Seven Mountain Mandate, which holds that God has ordained Christians to dominate the seven “mountains” of cultural influence: the family, the church, education, media, arts, the economy and government. This is an extreme form of Christian supremacy, one that would relegate all other Americans to second-class status."

Do you ever read posts you reply to? All you do is write, I hate the left. Who fucking cares.

Any sane person would hate and despise the Left. The Left has been the source of more death, misery, poverty, oppression, and in general ruin of the human condition than any other source on the planet for over 150 years, if not longer. If you don't care, then you are part of the problem.

Any sane person would hate and despise the Left. The Left has been the source of more death, misery, poverty, oppression, and in general ruin of the human condition than any other source on the planet for over 150 years, if not longer. If you don't care, then you are part of the problem.

get lost you fucking moron

So, you know I'll tear your positions apart and you'll have no credible defense for them hum?

Here are issues I do not care about:

Abortion--don't care
Immigration--don't care
Gays/marriage--don't care
Identity politics/woke--don't care

I oppose funding Israel and helping them kill Palestinians.

“Fundamentalism,” Richard Land, the former head of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, once told me, “is far more a psychology than a theology.” That psychology is defined by an extreme sense of certainty, along with extreme ferocity.

Roughly speaking, fundamentalists are intolerant of dissent. Evangelicals are much more accepting of theological differences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/21/opinion/christianity-fundamentalist-evangelical-pentacostal.html

wrong.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn > Quotes > Quotable Quote

(?)
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained”

wrong.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn > Quotes > Quotable Quote

(?)
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained”

Seems to be a legimate paraphrase in the article. Same exact sense.

Back