The main issue with Christianity

BartenderElite

Verified User
Is that it's not aptly named.

A good portion - and I'd say most - of the religion are practices, rituals, rules and philosophies that were never spoken by Christ, or endorsed by Christ.

I think there are some sects that are strictly about the teachings of Christ, who I feel was an ascended being and someone whose words matter, but they're not mainstream Christianity.

A good portion - and I'd say most - of the religion are practices, rituals, rules and philosophies that were never spoken by Christ, or endorsed by Christ.

I think there are some sects that are strictly about the teachings of Christ, who I feel was an ascended being and someone whose words matter, but they're not mainstream Christianity.

Who ever gives a fuck what you think?

Bottom of the barrel.

There is the whole matter of how you have treated me over the years.

I rarely respond to you.

Your response on this thread was unnecessary. I was interested in actual thoughts on the matter.

And you have called me a liar at least a dozen times. Whenever I ask you to cite a lie - you do not respond.

I find it fascinating that the WOKE seem to expect their victims to keep turning the other cheek indefinitely.

I wish to share this, but it is not my work:

There are several reasons why there are so many sects and denominations of Christianity. One of the main reasons is the diverse interpretations of the Bible and the different approaches to religious practice and worship.

For example, different groups may emphasize different aspects of Christian teachings, such as salvation, baptism, or the role of the church hierarchy. These differences in interpretation can lead to the formation of new sects or denominations, as groups seek to establish their own unique religious identity.

Another reason for the proliferation of Christian sects and denominations is historical and cultural factors. Christianity has a long history dating back to its origins in the Middle East, and over time it has spread to different parts of the world, adapting to local customs and traditions. As a result, different regions and cultures have developed their own unique forms of Christianity, which have sometimes led to the formation of new sects or denominations.

Additionally, social and political factors have also played a role in the formation of Christian sects and denominations. For example, during the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century, various groups broke away from the Catholic Church, leading to the formation of new Protestant denominations. Similarly, in more recent times, social and political issues such as LGBTQ+ rights or women's ordination have led some groups to form new sects or denominations with specific views on these issues.

Overall, the diversity of Christianity is a reflection of the complex history and diversity of human culture and experience, and the search for meaning and spiritual fulfillment in a rapidly changing world.

" Many come in my name but they aren't mine".

Perhaps this will clarify things for you

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Now you may have a point about the name, Jesus considered himself a jew nothing new or different except that he was willing to absorb the wages of our sin since he could.

What is an "ascended being?"

I suspect you don't know what an atheist is.

I'm an atheist. Why am I a liar?

"why" is a complex question......I would have to be in your mind to know the answer......however your first sentence is the answer to "where?"......I know what an atheist is......you are either lying when you say you suspect I do not, or you will lie and deny what it is.......nowdays atheists try to change the definition by redefining agnosticism as "weak atheism"....

Define 'mainstream' Christianity.

How do you know what all of Christ's teachings are and ever will be? You are not Jesus Christ or God. I really doubt you know every parable ever used, or ever will be used by either of them. There really is only a few running themes in all that has been taught from them:

* The kingdom of God is everlasting. It will never cease nor be destroyed.
* A common theme spoken by both of them is about freedom of choice, given to all Men. Note that is not freedom from the consequences of that choice.
* Satan, who counsels no choice, is an enemy of the God and of Man. He will be cast out, forever. His council will fall, and so will his influence.
* Men and women are children of God, imperfect though we are, because of the Fall, and because of death that was brought into the world with it.
* Jesus Christ has the capability to pay for the effects of the Fall, allowing men to achieve perfection. Death is not permanent. Men may be resurrected and enjoy everlasting life and even become perfect once again, just as Christ Himself was. This indeed is the glorious message that Easter celebrates.

A Christian is one that tries to follow Christ's teachings, and God's teachings with it.

Merely a belief that Christ exists doesn't cut it. Satan, after all, believes that Christ exists and that he is the Son of God, even tempting Christ and fighting against everything Christ stands for.

Do not presume to usurp the judgment of God.

Last edited:
Back