The Middle East

Disillusioned

Well this is it JPP my 1000th post. I've tried to make it more meaningful than some, all right, most of my other posts. This concerns the Middle East.

Overall what is your view both on the state of the middle east and the US foreign policy in such. Where do you stand on the Iranian Nuclear weapons program? Syrian intervention? Israeli-Palestinian mutual annihilation?

Please post your views, then we can discuss why they are the wrong views and why you, your party, your gender, your race, your religion and your hair color are inferior to all other hair colors.

not my fight

I think its Israel's fight not ours. Unless, Israel wants to pay us for our military services. Heck, look we let Pakistan have nukes, so what gives?

Well this is it JPP my 1000th post. I've tried to make it more meaningful than some, all right, most of my other posts. This concerns the Middle East.

Overall what is your view both on the state of the middle east and the US foreign policy in such. Where do you stand on the Iranian Nuclear weapons program? Syrian intervention? Israeli-Palestinian mutual annihilation?

Please post your views, then we can discuss why they are the wrong views and why you, your party, your gender, your race, your religion and your hair color are inferior to all other hair colors.

I'm with Ron Paul.

Never said it was, I was simply dispelling the idea that somehow they were a peaceful utopia (which may have been inferred from your vague post) prior to western intervention. They weren't.

I'd like to dispell the idea that America is some peaceful utopia .. which may be inferred from your post. We aren't.

Never said it was, I was simply dispelling the idea that somehow they were a peaceful utopia (which may have been inferred from your vague post) prior to western intervention. They weren't.

"Managed to exist" correlates to a peaceful utopia? They could hardly be more opposite. And I don't see where western intervention made things better for the ME.

"Managed to exist" correlates to a peaceful utopia? They could hardly be more opposite. And I don't see where western intervention made things better for the ME.

It could be seen that way (not saying you implied such). And I don't recall how my solution of "leaving them the fuck alone" equates to encouraging intervention, or glorifying previous intervention (beyond my unwavering support of the Arab Spring).

How dependent on our help was/is the Arab Spring? Is it truly successful or is the taliban gaining power and legitimacy as a result of our "support"?

Depends on how you define support. The Iraqi invasion was, in part, to trigger the Arab Spring. So in that instance it's entirely dependent on our support. But if you mean us flying bombing campaigns in Libya, that only hastened the inevitable victory. Success is a complicated matter. Democracy does not just happen. This would be the first generation to experience it in most, if not all, of Arabic recorded history. They're not going to get everything right the first time.

Depends on how you define support. The Iraqi invasion was, in part, to trigger the Arab Spring. So in that instance it's entirely dependent on our support. But if you mean us flying bombing campaigns in Libya, that only hastened the inevitable victory. Success is a complicated matter. Democracy does not just happen. This would be the first generation to experience it in most, if not all, of Arabic recorded history. They're not going to get everything right the first time.

So you agree our support is not needed, and you are willing to accept the strengthening of the taliban and al-quaida as a casualty of our interference?

ME still sucks, and likely always will. I hope we don't get anymore involved, and eventually leave the people to their own century. I'm not really worried much about the Iranian nuclear program, seeing as how Iran is far more stable than the shithole that is Pakistan. If anyone has a problem with it, that would be Israel, and they can handle it.

Back