The Most Intelligent, Well-Thought Post Yet.

jollie

Partisanship aside, as much as I loathe his politics, I always liked Obama the man and believed that his devotion to racial reconciliation was sincere. I don’t anymore. He exploited Trinity politically to establish his black “authenticity” and then demagogued Clinton for challenging his image as the post-racial candidate, and now the two have bumped up against each other so suddenly it’s time for a circle-squaring conversation that can really only end in electing him president. Typical politician, just a bit smarter than the rest. Shows you how naive I am that I’m surprised.

Now the floodlight of a presidential campaign has trained on this usually hidden corner of contemporary black life: a mindless indulgence in a rhetorical anti-Americanism as a way of bonding and of asserting one’s blackness. Yet Jeremiah Wright, splashed across America’s television screens, has shown us that there is no real difference between rhetorical hatred and real hatred.

No matter his ultimate political fate, there is already enough pathos in Barack Obama to make him a cautionary tale. His public persona thrives on a manipulation of whites (bargaining), and his private sense of racial identity demands both self-betrayal and duplicity. His is the story of a man who flew so high, yet neglected to become himself.

It’s instructive that hard lefty Ron Fournier of the Associated Press, last seen giving the candidate I refer to as HR4C (Hillary Rodham Cackling Crying Complaining Clinton) and her husband, ARIFPOTUS (Accused Rapist and Impeached Former President of the United States) Bill Clinton, a lot of grief, has set his sights on Obama:

Both Obama and his wife, Michelle, ooze a sense of entitlement.

“Barack is one of the smartest people you will ever encounter who will deign to enter this messy thing called politics,” his wife said a few weeks ago, adding that Americans will get only one chance to elect him. (Do you BELIEVE the ARROGANCE, and SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT on these people?)

Obama’s cool self-confidence got him into trouble in New Hampshire when he said Clinton was “likable enough,” faint praise that grated on female votes who didn’t appreciate him condescending to the former first lady.

Privately, aides and associates of Obama tell stories about a boss who can be aloof and ungracious.

….. If arrogance is a display of self-importance and superiority, Obama earns the pejorative every time he calls his pre-invasion opposition to the war in Iraq an "act of courage".(HA! Yeah, it's ALSO "courageous", the fact that HE has more "'present" OR "ABSTAIN" votes {the cowardly, non-committal vote}, than ANY other Senator, with so LITTLE experience.)

Obama’s opposition carried scant political risk because he was a little-known state lawmaker courting liberal voters in Illinois. In 2004, when denouncing the war and war-enabling Democrats would have jeopardized his prized speaking role at the Democratic National Convention, Obama DUCKED the issue.

About that “one chance,” Michelle — threat or promise? Or will that be yet another previous statement to “back away from,” like your husband’s 2004 promise that “I will serve out my full Senate term” in the Senate before considering a presidential run?

Dictionary update: “Back away from” is Democrat-ese for “I lied, but the press will forgive me, so it doesn’t matter.”
As if it mattered, (it's all established fact) I didn't write this. For Crybabies who try to find ANY excuse, ridiculous or not, to discredit facts about Obama, here's the "link" that some head-in-the-sand Liberals whine about.
http://www.bizzyblog.com/2008/03/18/

I forced myself to read it all to see if there was something actually "Intelligent" in there as the thread title indicated. I want my minute back.

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to call him:

McSame or McShame.

they both fit so well....decisions decisions..:confused:

To be honest.... if I were you I would use both. Because while quite annoying to me, I must admit they are quite clever.... no matter how inaccurate.

ah...."McFossill", I like that one too, but McSame and McShame are near rhymes to McCain, which makes them slightly better than McFossil. Although, McFossil is accurate and funny.

Back