the murder/suicide route

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
spouse (usually male) kills other spouse (usually female) and sometimes adds their kids, then kills self when one spouse tells other that they are leaving

some people just cannot tale no for an answer

also, they think that they own their spouse or partner (not married)

why is it that some people cannot deal with being left - i could see suicide, but killing the other person

suicide may be painless for the person committing it, but for the people left behind, it is a nightmare...especially the kids if any

now if there is no one, then do it quietly, without fuss or muss and leave a note and call 911 or drop a letter to the nearest police station before you go - ps use a rubber sheet...

Kinda hard to exepect rational actions when passions are involved. Now a planned suicide because of serious loss of quality of life due to an illness or accident is a different matter.
I will likely go out that way if I do not die of something else first.
Nitey night. pain pills finally kicked in enought to sleep I think.

Killing another human being usually isn't a rational decision and killing yourself usually isn't a rational decision. These are completely emotional decisions and whenever they are combined it's because someone has their emotions completely and totally disturbed. It can't truly be "rationalized" because it's not rational, and if the person who did it was in a sound state of mind to see the justifications they were using for it, they'd probably laugh themselves silly at how stupid the thought was.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to exepect rational actions when passions are involved. Now a planned suicide because of serious loss of quality of life due to an illness or accident is a different matter.
I will likely go out that way if I do not die of something else first.
Nitey night. pain pills finally kicked in enought to sleep I think.

usc

i felt that way when i was 19 and drank cyanide - thought i would turn evil and did not want to go that route (ala manson)

it did not work and i later got married and had two kids

usc

i felt that way when i was 19 and drank cyanide - thought i would turn evil and did not want to go that route (ala manson)

it did not work and i later got married and had two kids

You drank cyanide?

I'm sorry, if you drank cyanide, you'd be dead. It's basically a perfect poison.

You drank cyanide?

I'm sorry, if you drank cyanide, you'd be dead. It's basically a perfect poison.

h20

thats what i thought

i took some from the chem lab (i was taking qualitative analysis) mixed it with some lemonade and drank it - i was three micrograms of cyanide per liter of blood short of a lethal dose - seems that while citric acid is a weak acid it was just strong enough to dilute the cyanide otherwise i would not be posting...

Personally, if I was married to the woman of my dreams and she walked out on me, I'd probably retreat into a life of nothingness. My love would prevent me from harming her, and my own personal beliefs would prevent me from harming myself, but I'd still be a sad, sorry, recluse of a loser after that...

Killing yourself isn't so bad. I tried it once. I pulled the trigger but the bullet was chambered incorrectly so the pin didn't strike straight and I wound up living.

Oh, anything I CAN do. I can tell you you're a moron for voting for Bush twice and there's really no disputing that fact.

If you married the woman of your dreams you'd get over it.

Or you wouldn't. There's always some big black thing that happens to everyone that from that point on dominates everything else.

Years ago (1971) where I am there was a bloke who killed his entire family (ten people) then stopped before he killed himself. I remember at the time that some shrinks were arguing that when he'd killed everyone he felt relieved and therefore didn't go on to kill himself. Personally I believed the bastard knew how to count. Anyway he's been out of prison for years.

Personally, if I was married to the woman of my dreams and she walked out on me, I'd probably retreat into a life of nothingness. My love would prevent me from harming her, and my own personal beliefs would prevent me from harming myself, but I'd still be a sad, sorry, recluse of a loser after that...

3d

good for you :clink:

i too would not harm my spouse if she left me, between the two of us we have 4 children and 6 grandchildren

Years ago (1971) where I am there was a bloke who killed his entire family (ten people) then stopped before he killed himself. I remember at the time that some shrinks were arguing that when he'd killed everyone he felt relieved and therefore didn't go on to kill himself. Personally I believed the bastard knew how to count. Anyway he's been out of prison for years.

di

i would have given him life without parole until he was too old to kill anyone and then dump him on the streets

di

i would have given him life without parole until he was too old to kill anyone and then dump him on the streets

He did it in 1971 and I think they let him out about ten years ago or so. I can't remember how old he was back in 1971 but I remember seeing his photo and he looked to be in his late forties (I was 21 in 1971). So I would think he's getting on now and would have been probably in his sixties or even seventies when he was paroled. Either way he has had to live with his actions. I know it doesn't bring his family back but I remember seeing his photo (I was just a young copper) and he looked really out of it. I know I was filled with disgust looking at his image as he was being arrested and taken away from the house he killed his family in. But a couple of years before a policeman in my force shot to death his family and himself and left a note explaining why he'd done it (would you believe debts?). I will never understand it.

Hmm I have never attempted suicide. I expect I will never attempt it, but will probably execute it one day.

Back