the murder/suicide route

Life is about balance. when one part of life is tipping the scale then you focus on getting that segment of life back to a balance. Short and long term goals.

Yeah mine is a long term goal, well more of a resolution to a problem. Once my physical body becomes intolerable I will end it.

Last week there was a story on CNN about an elderly woman who committed suicide rather than enter a nursing home, apparently her only option, or perceived option. I can entirely sympathize with that; in fact I've said repeatedly that I, too, would choose that route in preference to a nursing home if it ever came to that.

I also know that what we say at one time in our lives about a future hypothetical situation may change, according to the circumstances.

Last week there was a story on CNN about an elderly woman who committed suicide rather than enter a nursing home, apparently her only option, or perceived option. I can entirely sympathize with that; in fact I've said repeatedly that I, too, would choose that route in preference to a nursing home if it ever came to that.

I also know that what we say at one time in our lives about a future hypothetical situation may change, according to the circumstances.

Yeah I just hope I do not get Altzheimers before my spine goes away.....

what u have to do is to take some cash and stash it into a safe deposit box ahead of time. that way when u get forced into a nursing home you can escape get ur cash and go on a bender to die

I have gold and cash but if I forget I have gold and cash ....

Kinda like Reagan promising to resign if health became an issue then he got altzheimered and forgot his promise.

I cannot ask them to kill me. that to me would be wrong.

On the money for them, that is all covered. college trusts for the kids. The estate is set up in perputity or somesuch, with a limit of how many descendants houses can be built on it. Use of the land is to be either residential, very small business or agricultural. and it is in trust and cannot be sold or mortgaged against.
any homes built on it become part of the trust and only have tenancy rights.

All spelled out with 3 trusted friends to adminster and pass on with the restriction to be kept intact.

Other than teaching grandchildren a bit, enjoying life some, etc. I am done, all that I can forsee is prepared for. Even the gas/oil well. It will be drilled after my death is not before. Darn backlog. Have to import some Chinese drillers I suppose.

He did it in 1971 and I think they let him out about ten years ago or so. I can't remember how old he was back in 1971 but I remember seeing his photo and he looked to be in his late forties (I was 21 in 1971). So I would think he's getting on now and would have been probably in his sixties or even seventies when he was paroled. Either way he has had to live with his actions. I know it doesn't bring his family back but I remember seeing his photo (I was just a young copper) and he looked really out of it. I know I was filled with disgust looking at his image as he was being arrested and taken away from the house he killed his family in. But a couple of years before a policeman in my force shot to death his family and himself and left a note explaining why he'd done it (would you believe debts?). I will never understand it.

di

sometimes life looks so bleak that you think there is no other option that you can see

I cannot ask them to kill me. that to me would be wrong.

On the money for them, that is all covered. college trusts for the kids. The estate is set up in perputity or somesuch, with a limit of how many descendants houses can be built on it. Use of the land is to be either residential, very small business or agricultural. and it is in trust and cannot be sold or mortgaged against.
any homes built on it become part of the trust and only have tenancy rights.

All spelled out with 3 trusted friends to adminster and pass on with the restriction to be kept intact.

Other than teaching grandchildren a bit, enjoying life some, etc. I am done, all that I can forsee is prepared for. Even the gas/oil well. It will be drilled after my death is not before. Darn backlog. Have to import some Chinese drillers I suppose.

usc

good plan, my wife and i have a revocable trust set up that our kids can draw income but not principal and the grand kids get it split between them

yeah DQ I want the farm to be a place for the kids and their kids, etc to live and raise a family if they choose. but not allow any of the to blow it on cars and boats and such. and spoil it for the next batch.
Taxes will be paid from the trust. Utilities and such will be all they have to pay to live there.

It should be good for finiancially 50 years they way it is set up. But hard to tell that far into the future.

yeah DQ I want the farm to be a place for the kids and their kids, etc to live and raise a family if they choose. but not allow any of the to blow it on cars and boats and such. and spoil it for the next batch.
Taxes will be paid from the trust. Utilities and such will be all they have to pay to live there.

It should be good for finiancially 50 years they way it is set up. But hard to tell that far into the future.

h2o

when we set up our trust we were told that we could not provide past children alive today or at the time of our death

I am not H2o but it is not for the kids it is the land and home in perpituity. with residency rights for descendants.
If the gas/oil well works it should provide free gas and or royalty income as well for the estate.

I need to think up a corny name for the place. RottonWood estate ?

I am not H2o but it is not for the kids it is the land and home in perpituity. with residency rights for descendants.
If the gas/oil well works it should provide free gas and or royalty income as well for the estate.

I need to think up a corny name for the place. RottonWood estate ?

usc

:( sorry for the name slip

how about regurgitate estate...

Back