The New Object of Hate...

We are approaching the 1 week mark since the election, and already it seems the people consumed with hate for Bush and Republicans are having a difficult time. From psychology, we know that sociopaths who are consumed with hate, must constantly have a target for their hatred, but with Democrats sweeping complete control of government power, it renders the target of their hate irrelevant.

What will become their new target? Freedom and Liberty? Will we begin to see more advocacy for Oppression and Tyranny? It seems to be the outlet some are choosing, judging by the threads posted here in recent days. It's not good enough for the 'haters' to defeat Bush and Republicans, they want more. They don't seem to be satisfied, as sociopaths often aren't, with successfully victimizing the right, they have allowed their rage to consume them to the point it now defines them, and they can't be satisfied without a target.

We often learn of some hideous crime, like that of Jeffrey Dahmer, and we wonder how a person could have devolved into such an obvious monster? How could someone allow themselves to become so obsessed with what they were doing, not to realize the wrongness of it? The answer is simple, really, it is the normal pattern of sociopaths. They are searching for satisfaction and can't achieve it. Each 'accomplishment' of an objective, merely feeds their need for more, like a drug. This pattern cycles down a path growing ever more sinister and evil, until one day they find themselves doing things society finds completely abhorrent and unimaginable.

Is this what we can expect from the "Bush Haters" as time goes by? Clearly, Bush is no longer going to be a viable target for hate, and Republicans control no branches of government, so they are unsatisfactory as targets as well. Where do these sociopaths turn next to feed their hunger?

Actually, "sociopath" is a common term applied to one diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder (or conduct disorder for adolescents). The DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for antisocial p.d. are an assessment of an individual which exhibits three of the following behaviors:

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

I think that we can safely apply several of these behaviors to the federal government, especially under the Bush administration. While these are unlikely to change under an Obama administration, I find your analysis laughable, considering your past support for Bush and co.

We are approaching the 1 week mark since the election, and already it seems the people consumed with hate for Bush and Republicans are having a difficult time. From psychology, we know that sociopaths who are consumed with hate, must constantly have a target for their hatred, but with Democrats sweeping complete control of government power, it renders the target of their hate irrelevant.

What will become their new target? Freedom and Liberty? Will we begin to see more advocacy for Oppression and Tyranny? It seems to be the outlet some are choosing, judging by the threads posted here in recent days. It's not good enough for the 'haters' to defeat Bush and Republicans, they want more. They don't seem to be satisfied, as sociopaths often aren't, with successfully victimizing the right, they have allowed their rage to consume them to the point it now defines them, and they can't be satisfied without a target.

We often learn of some hideous crime, like that of Jeffrey Dahmer, and we wonder how a person could have devolved into such an obvious monster? How could someone allow themselves to become so obsessed with what they were doing, not to realize the wrongness of it? The answer is simple, really, it is the normal pattern of sociopaths. They are searching for satisfaction and can't achieve it. Each 'accomplishment' of an objective, merely feeds their need for more, like a drug. This pattern cycles down a path growing ever more sinister and evil, until one day they find themselves doing things society finds completely abhorrent and unimaginable.

Is this what we can expect from the "Bush Haters" as time goes by? Clearly, Bush is no longer going to be a viable target for hate, and Republicans control no branches of government, so they are unsatisfactory as targets as well. Where do these sociopaths turn next to feed their hunger?

Dixie you should really save these auto-biographical essays for your psychiatrist.

Dixie you should really save these auto-biographical essays for your psychiatrist.

It's not autobiographical at all Duhla, I actually "hate" very few people, and those whom I do, I generally don't pay much attention to. I was hoping you pinheads could 'enlighten' me on what you think the focus of hate will now be for those of you who have been so consumed with hating Bush for 8 years. I don't see you suddenly overcoming sociopath behaviors and renouncing bitterness and hatred, and I don't expect you to sit around twiddling your thumbs, content with the results of your hate. I tend to go along with the psychiatric findings of all sociopaths, that you will indeed find yet another 'target' for your hate. Each cycle will bring a more sinister and evil level of hate to the surface, and you will never be satisfied. I'm just wondering what the next target will be?

"I actually "hate" very few people"

It's very easy to say that; anyone can say that. Hitler could say those words very easily. Honestly, I'm more apt to judge you by things you've actually said in the past.

I can't speak for Darla, but I think the gist is more that the thread - as with just about everything you write - is a complete psychological projection of how you view politics, and where you find purpose in political discourse (using that term loosely). You've already admitted that you're not going to give Obama a chance; in fact, you've already blamed him for some things. You've easily matched & even exceeded the disposition of the average "Bush hater."

So, when we read this stuff from you, we know we're seeing how your own psyche really works. Lord knows, a post like this has little value beyond that.

Don't you understand, that for liberals, progressives, thinkers, the sooner he is gone, the sooner we can forget about him and heal! We won't continue to hate, or at least I won't, I am just so relieved that he will be gone in 90 days and I don't have to worry about him and his administration, anymore. Our nation will suffer longer, but I know now that he can no longer add to the damage! It is such relief, you may have felt it to some degree when Carter was president, but Carter pales in comparison to Georgie! We will be happy to no longer have Bush to kick around! No Bush in the government, anywhere right now! Happy days are here, AGAIN!

"I actually "hate" very few people"

It's very easy to say that; anyone can say that. Hitler could say those words very easily. Honestly, I'm more apt to judge you by things you've actually said in the past.

I can't speak for Darla, but I think the gist is more that the thread - as with just about everything you write - is a complete psychological projection of how you view politics, and where you find purpose in political discourse (using that term loosely). You've already admitted that you're not going to give Obama a chance; in fact, you've already blamed him for some things. You've easily matched & even exceeded the disposition of the average "Bush hater."

So, when we read this stuff from you, we know we're seeing how your own psyche really works. Lord knows, a post like this has little value beyond that.

Very well said Onceler.

Theres no room In America for racists now. Why not join the human race?

Theres no room In America for racists now. Why not join the human race?
The Democrat Party has historically been the party of racists, and not much has changed in 190 years except tactics. You do realize that your party has fought every civil rights Act brought up by the GOP, don't you?

What part of Democrat President Obama's election as the first Black President don't you get?

Back